Hyundai Tucson air-con problem

MadDog70

Just went up Genting last Sunday with my 4 year old Hyundai Tucson.

It was a hot day, and after about 4 hours of driving, the air-con started to fail with only normal air coming out from the fan.

I heard a lot about Tucson air-con failing, I even laugh at my friends who are driving them, but never thought that it will happen to me one day.

They went back to agent, who claimed that the thermoset stops functioning, agent just did a reset but it comes back again later.

Anyone knows what will be the repair likely to be so that I can get well equip with this knowledge when I visit any workshop (maybe you guys can recommend me a good air-con service workshop?).

Cheers!

↡ Advertisement

Just went up Genting last Sunday with my 4 year old Hyundai Tucson.

It was a hot day, and after about 4 hours of driving, the air-con started to fail with only normal air coming out from the fan.

I heard a lot about Tucson air-con failing, I even laugh at my friends who are driving them, but never thought that it will happen to me one day.

They went back to agent, who claimed that the thermoset stops functioning, agent just did a reset but it comes back again later.

Anyone knows what will be the repair likely to be so that I can get well equip with this knowledge when I visit any workshop (maybe you guys can recommend me a good air-con service workshop?).

Cheers!

Tomika at bukit merah lane 3?

Neutral Newbie

Bro it is normal with Tucson. The aircon will start to feel warm when you reach KL. When this happen switch off the aircon, wind down the windows and on back the aircon after about half/hr or so. The aircon should be find. There is no problem if you drive up to Malacca, only happen above KL .There was a tread on the Tucson website regarding this matter sometime back, the owner went bak to Komoco but problem cannot be solve. There is nothing wrong with the aircon, it just freezes up after long distance driving. Local driving no problem at all. If you manage to find a solution to this problem let me know.

(edited)

Is the Tucson aircon compressor "cut in, cut out" type or permanent "cut in" type?

Any shifu here knows?

Edited by GoodCar

Can try checking the fuse box. If I'm not wrong, there shud be a fuse running the aircon. Check to see if its loose. If not, try replacing the fuse and see how it goes.

Cus oso be have to top up air-con gas?

For this part of the world, our weather is rather humid.

I think if we set the temp to max cold, some icing might take place in the cooling coil and give the temp sensor the wrong info. This probably explain why once the aircon is switch off for a while, everything return to normal;when the ice melted.

Just my thinking

Does Tucson heater works in Singapore. I mean does hot air come out if select the temp control knob to the red region?