Diet for cancer patient

Bluepica

My mum undergoing radiotherapy treatment for her stage 2 nose cancer treatment. I have to take care of her diet. Everyday headache to think of what food to prepare for her... Anyone here have similar experience and care to share some healthy recipe?

↡ Advertisement

Convalescence food. Oats, Porridge and the like. Take lots of liquid as the throat will get very dry. Normally, chemo patients will not have much appetite, thus, stick to liquids.

And if it is nose cancer, the surrounding will get dry, do get lots of lotion for local application.

Convalescence food. Oats, Porridge and the like. Take lots of liquid as the throat will get very dry. Normally, chemo patients will not have much appetite, thus, stick to liquids.

And if it is nose cancer, the surrounding will get dry, do get lots of lotion for local application.

Thanks bro, yup I am aware of the side effect. She's not going through any chemo, just radiotherapy alone.

Doc says she can't take porridge alone cos porridge is very low in nutrients.

She can't take beef, beans and chicken due to high uric acid in these food that causes her leg pain. So she's left with fish and pork, but she got no teeth to chew on pork, that's left with fish alone..... very very restricted...

essentially, take as organice as possible, try not to take meat.

also, a friend of mine who is undergoing chemotherapy now, says she used to be weak after the session, but since she started taking lingzhi, she felt much better. You may want to consider that too.

My mum undergoing radiotherapy treatment for her stage 2 nose cancer treatment. I have to take care of her diet. Everyday headache to think of what food to prepare for her... Anyone here have similar experience and care to share some healthy recipe?

Sorry to hear that. i can tell u that for stage 2 nose cancer,its highly curable.coz my uncle use have a stage 3 nose cancer,and he was totally cure.the oncologist told our family that the curing rate is more than 95% unless its stage 4.as for his diet,i think he took lots of organic food.as for fruits,i think he took a tomatoe a day.he read from some where that tomatoe can suppress cancer but im not very sure how true it is.best is to look see ur doctor for advise.anyway,all the best to u and ur family.

I take it is NPC. Yeah, would induce gout with high protein. When I mention porridge,go more for those rich in nutrients like congee. I am sure you can get a few recipes off the net.

As for the chewing, blend the pork so that swallowing is a tad easier.

I heard drink lots of barley water..my mum had therapy on the right side of her face before

and yes, you need skin lotion for the area as well, if possible, let a dentist take a look at her gums too..

chemo will make her immune system like a baby, if possible seperate out the utensils that she will be using and sterilise thoroughly.

This will cut down on her infection risk.

Diet wise eat fresh... no no for dry scallop, seafood etc.

No worry bro, cheers!

Sorry to hear that. i can tell u that for stage 2 nose cancer,its highly curable.coz my uncle use have a stage 3 nose cancer,and he was totally cure.the oncologist told our family that the curing rate is more than 95% unless its stage 4.as for his diet,i think he took lots of organic food.as for fruits,i think he took a tomatoe a day.he read from some where that tomatoe can suppress cancer but im not very sure how true it is.best is to look see ur doctor for advise.anyway,all the best to u and ur family.

Sori to jump in....Will u or anyone able to tell me if Lymphoma of the stomache is dangerous or not....my friend son got it and now under therapy... [smallcry] Just hoped that he can recover fast.

Neutral Newbie

When my dad had both chemo and radio therapy many years back, my mum always prepared some herbal tea, at least after every treatment..its very heaty. Taste bud will also be bland after the treatments. So try to be a little creative to make the dishes 'tastier'. My dad hardly ate porridge back then as he find them tasteless.

Sori to jump in....Will u or anyone able to tell me if Lymphoma of the stomache is dangerous or not....my friend son got it and now under therapy... [smallcry] Just hoped that he can recover fast.

Im very sorry,i cant tell u that.by the way,how how is the kid?

When my dad was going under chemo and radiotherapy, doctor recommended those fortified milk which he needed to drink everyday. To be honest about this, patient going through this type of treatment would probably lose appetite and their immune system would probably be weaken as well....so no food that are oily or spicy, i.e. normal everyday dishes we find outside is probably out....ya, i know, too blend they will probably find it difficult to eat, but really no choice just need to adjust to the initial phase.

My mom cooked porridge with minced pork or fish so that he can eat easier, then boiled vegetable soup......but the fortified milk will provide him with all the proteins and vitamins/minerals his body needed for the day. Heard from a family friend who underwent colon cancer treatment, his doctor advise him not to take chicken essence etc during the treatment.

I am not a doctor, but i guess just cooked nutritious food for your mom in smaller quantity, let her get use to the diet regime and after she recovers then give her those herbal food to boost up her body.

Please seek doctor advise first, I am just giving you my side of the story.

Hope your mom recovers soon.

Edited by Hotamp

Neutral Newbie

My only advice is to eat plenty of nuts and omega 3 and 6. Doing this really helps in solving the prob of oxygen deficiency in cells. And must be consumed daily.

Pls take high amount of anti-oxidants. I've many peers' parents who goten cancer. Been reading quite a no of books on it. And most docs recommend taking high vol of antioxidant

this is what I'm taking

www.thegreatproduct.com/kristall

one of my aussie friend recommended me that

Neutral Newbie

I am an NPC or nose cancer survivor, completed radiotherapy in Oct 2006. During and after treatment, I survived on liquid food (milk) like Ensure and Novasource. Oncologists usually recommend such liquid food to cancer patients who have difficulty eating. I drank 3 packets of Novasource a day as each packet is equivalent to a meal & provides all the nutrients the body needs, so you need not have to worry about diet. There is an NPC Support Group that offers help & advice to NPC patients & survivors. Contact me if you wish to know more.

Neutral Newbie

You can try some of the more established TCM as the TCM doc might be able to recommend some Chinese herb to help relieve some discomfort and help with the appetite.

Hope your mom has a speedy and full recovery

↡ Advertisement