Screeching sound when braking

Drive_carcar

on a coming 7.5yrs Honda Jazz... have such sound occasionally, but not really an issue to me. But i realise, it came 90%of the time when i just started the car + travel not far yet (less than 1KM?), n i have to stop (say filter to another road n etc). and it only happened when i'm gentle with my brake or wan go dun wan go(roll-brake-roll-brake within like 1M) situation.

↡ Advertisement

I think the compound of the brake pad also play a part right? some are semi metal compound which I heard it will product the sound even when its new. not too sure if this is right.

I think the compound of the brake pad also play a part right? some are semi metal compound which I heard it will product the sound even when its new. not too sure if this is right.

Yes, compound also matters alot. Some compounds are noiser than others. Also the design of the brake pad.

hi guys , 

To save downtime , can anyone advice me a workshop , which has in-house skimming services .

thanks in advance. 

Edited by Pr1nse

3 minutes ago, Pr1nse said:

hi guys , 

To save downtime , can anyone advice me a workshop , which has in-house skimming services .

thanks in advance. 

To save down time,change the Discs fastest...

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

change disc the best way.. but since the car is so new, maybe worth to head back to kah motor.  tell them the problem.. likely will be checking the anti vibration shim on the pad and apply grease on the pad for you

1 hour ago, Keithchue said:

change disc the best way.. but since the car is so new, maybe worth to head back to kah motor.  tell them the problem.. likely will be checking the anti vibration shim on the pad and apply grease on the pad for you

I don't think His Car is a new Honda...The last post before him is on 2011.

3 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

I agree, but mine is not a common scenario. Its not disc its my drum for the rear wheels which Is emitting the screech. Anyway to upgrade to disc or to purchase a new set of drums doesn't make sense , coz my ride has a lifetime of 2 over years only. ( COE)  Alternatively , was intending to skim , but I rather get to the workshop with in-house skimming directly, than , having a workshop send it ,which might safe the waiting hours.

3 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

I agree, but mine is not a common scenario. Its not disc its my drum for the rear wheels which Is emitting the screech. Anyway to upgrade to disc or to purchase a new set of drums doesn't make sense , coz my ride has a lifetime of 2 over years only. ( COE)  Alternatively , was intending to skim , but I rather get to the workshop with in-house skimming directly, than , having a workshop send it ,which might save the waiting hours. Morever its not abt the price , its quite standard everywhere.

8 hours ago, Pr1nse said:

I agree, but mine is not a common scenario. Its not disc its my drum for the rear wheels which Is emitting the screech. Anyway to upgrade to disc or to purchase a new set of drums doesn't make sense , coz my ride has a lifetime of 2 over years only. ( COE)  Alternatively , was intending to skim , but I rather get to the workshop with in-house skimming directly, than , having a workshop send it ,which might safe the waiting hours.

Can try Nam Sing,i saw a Lathe Machine behind the workshop...64837230.

11 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Can try Nam Sing,i saw a Lathe Machine behind the workshop...64837230.

Tks a million dude. 

Have a gr8 weekend

On 11/2/2019 at 12:06 AM, Pr1nse said:

I agree, but mine is not a common scenario. Its not disc its my drum for the rear wheels which Is emitting the screech. Anyway to upgrade to disc or to purchase a new set of drums doesn't make sense , coz my ride has a lifetime of 2 over years only. ( COE)  Alternatively , was intending to skim , but I rather get to the workshop with in-house skimming directly, than , having a workshop send it ,which might save the waiting hours. Morever its not abt the price , its quite standard everywhere.

Haha, didn’t know someone also facing the same problem as me. Mine is a 12 years old Swift.

Changed to new original brake shoes still the same. 

After clearing the brake dust, it’s ok for a while but the screeching noise will come back. 

🤷🏻‍♂

Do let me know if you found a solution. 

Edited by Fcw75

Yeah guess its the same  problem as mine , but from some skimming workshops i checked , they only do for rotors n  not for drums. 

ER- 3682- gave a contact. Maybe gota check it out on monday.

↡ Advertisement