Stomp: Is this 'monster truck' safe for Singapore roads?

Friendstar

Super bo liao stomper! [thumbsdown]

if wu liao, then he/she would not be a stomper. most of the photos i see i taken by ppl who have nothing better to do.

↡ Advertisement

Nice or not nice, swee or bo swee... [speechless]

But seriously.. can it be modded until so out of place?? [lipsrsealed]

Roll bar are 100% out

How come TP never stop this "monster pick up"??

Roll bar are 100% out

TP ! What is that ? Traffic has been a big mess eversince I seldom see the man in blue. No need talk about this truck. The number of speeding cars and road hoggers have made roads unsafe. Worst, nowadays, even the trucks, vans, lorries, pick-ups etc are speeding faster than cars. They are reckless too.

[shakehead]

Looks like the mitsubishi triton. nicely done up but singapore's anal laws do not allow for creativity and freedom of expression.

Agreed..I have given up hope on getting a SUT already. Calculate here & there, the equation is juz not rite to have one. They r comfy & design to eat miles but stupid msia LTA implement lotsa restrictions on G-plate singapore cars. We dun even have entry restriction on theirs commercial vehicles so who r they to implement such silly rules. Sigh...gotto stick with my wira ("hero" in english).

Mod until like that......LTA should get him la...

I don't encourage modders.

Be rational...dungo ard condenming any modders, the owner could have mod it to be more off-road capable. In what way did the vehicle pose a nuisance? Most of the mod we believe r not engine related.

TP ! What is that ? Traffic has been a big mess eversince I seldom see the man in blue. No need talk about this truck. The number of speeding cars and road hoggers have made roads unsafe. Worst, nowadays, even the trucks, vans, lorries, pick-ups etc are speeding faster than cars. They are reckless too.

[shakehead]

I go faster than cars but I dun think I m reckless, in fact I find many cars a nuisance, dun even know if they wanna drive fast or slow. 90km/h highway limit & many cars can drive like a tortoise. Maybe they should change cars with me. The speed limit will not affect them too much since they travel slower than that. What is fustrating that some stretches can crawl to speed like 50 or 60km/h. Juz name a few, PIE towards Changi, 1. after toh guan exit, 2. after clementi ave 6 exit, approaching bke exit, after cte upp serangoon exit etc. What is the world coming to nowadays, sedan got no speed limit dun wanna travel with the flow, commercial vehicles got speed limit eager to move faster. Our road systems are made a laughing stock to many foreigners. They say WHAT?! 70?! in km/h?! U must be kidding, how can anybody drive that kinda slow speed? Got the pic guys?

I go faster than cars but I dun think I m reckless, in fact I find many cars a nuisance, dun even know if they wanna drive fast or slow. 90km/h highway limit & many cars can drive like a tortoise. Maybe they should change cars with me.

It's getting pretty common nowadays, seeing commercial vehicles traveling faster and some even on lane 1 of the expressway. Just like today, saw a Fiat van traveling at ard 100km/h on lane 1......

It's getting pretty common nowadays, seeing commercial vehicles traveling faster and some even on lane 1 of the expressway. Just like today, saw a Fiat van traveling at ard 100km/h on lane 1......

No issues at all..so long dun tailgate or road hog, I think that's pretty fine. Lane 1 is for overtaking, I travelled at that speed too at lane 1 so that i overtake quickly and get outta the way. Fyi I drove a van, even a dyna truck sometimes.

No issues at all..so long dun tailgate or road hog, I think that's pretty fine. Lane 1 is for overtaking, I travelled at that speed too at lane 1 so that i overtake quickly and get outta the way. Fyi I drove a van, even a dyna truck sometimes.

Bro, its not how fast you can go but how fast you can stop. Big trucks speeding at 90 km/hr needs more space to stop compared to a smaller car. Thw word is - mass. A big and massive vehicle has more inertia and to stop that inertia, you need strong brakes or more space to come to a halt. There is alway a reason for speed limit. For everyone's sake, please dun think just because you can go as fast as 100 km/hr, you have to do so. Cars can go up to 160 Km/hr but do you see every car doing that on our roads? Please drive with care because going from 70 to 100 km/hr only save a few minutes but in the event if you cannot stop in time, you may live to regret for wasting someone's life. Peace.

Supercharged
(edited)

Be rational...dungo ard condenming any modders, the owner could have mod it to be more off-road capable. In what way did the vehicle pose a nuisance? Most of the mod we believe r not engine related.

Modding cause nuisance when they are distracting. Other drivers tend to look and either they start hogging the road or cause danger to themselves or others.

In bigger countries like Europe, US, modding is fine because the most of the roads are quite sparse and the distraction factor is not so dangerous.

In Singapore, roads are bloody packed, and all it takes for an accident is one joker not focusing on the road in front of him.

Then when accident, my insurance premium go up. [thumbsdown]

Edited by Starry

Bro, its not how fast you can go but how fast you can stop. Big trucks speeding at 90 km/hr needs more space to stop compared to a smaller car. Thw word is - mass. A big and massive vehicle has more inertia and to stop that inertia, you need strong brakes or more space to come to a halt. There is alway a reason for speed limit. For everyone's sake, please dun think just because you can go as fast as 100 km/hr, you have to do so. Cars can go up to 160 Km/hr but do you see every car doing that on our roads? Please drive with care because going from 70 to 100 km/hr only save a few minutes but in the event if you cannot stop in time, you may live to regret for wasting someone's life. Peace.

Peace. If I can go that fast, I will be able to stop that fast. Fyi, my style of driving very similar to NSHW, go on lane 1, whack, move in. The last time I was involved in accident was not even due to speed. Big trucks? Not adviseable, if they really wanna go that fast, they gotto make sure they have the distance to stop that fast.

Modding cause nuisance when they are distracting. Other drivers tend to look and either they start hogging the road or cause danger to themselves or others.

In bigger countries like Europe, US, modding is fine because the most of the roads are quite sparse and the distraction factor is not so dangerous.

In Singapore, roads are bloody packed, and all it takes for an accident is one joker not focusing on the road in front of him.

The driver who got distracted himself is the root in this case and the nuisance. To blame something else that cause distraction like this is far-fetched and not reasonable. Do we blame a pretty babe walking on the streets causing drivers to be distracted and indirectly increasing the level of danger. Do we blame police vehicles with their bright blinking lights that causes short distance blindness too. We dun. Drivers who got easily distracted ought to be shot themsleves.

Modding to be fair has has nothing to do with country and I neutral in that, it does not matter how sparse the place is. So long there are neighbours, even if only one neighbour, we gotto exercise caution not to cause disturbance. There's one Ferrari owner when he comes back every evening in his neighbourhood, he will clutch in to lower the revs and move slowly cos the vehicle is loud by stock. One day, his son took over the wheel and rev like nobody business and got a scolding from him in the end for not being sensitive and considerate.

Yes Singapore roads are bloody packed bcos ppl here r self-centred, all bother abt themsleves. I-can-drive-a-car-I-am-there or quite-there. My take, balls to these ppl, how many of them actually owe the bank, thick skinned fellows still dare to proclaim they are there, not so. One joker? We have plenty, our road etiquette lacks far behind, our cars dun even match our level of social graciousness, you have one driver hop into type r, wrx or golf gti, most of them will drive as if it's their last day of driving and they seems to not get enuf of driving. But go to track, their skills sucks like nobody, even the msian proton drivers drive much better than us here.

For insurance wise, there's nothing we can do except suck thumb cos the insurance co dun target individual, when they dun make monies, they target the mass. It is the policy you r angry not the ppl who got into accident so i hope to ease that on you.

Supercharged
(edited)

The driver who got distracted himself is the root in this case and the nuisance. To blame something else that cause distraction like this is far-fetched and not reasonable. Do we blame a pretty babe walking on the streets causing drivers to be distracted and indirectly increasing the level of danger. Do we blame police vehicles with their bright blinking lights that causes short distance blindness too. We dun. Drivers who got easily distracted ought to be shot themsleves.

Actually I do hate those blinking lights because I think they cause distraction but they have a purpose to warn or to tell you to slow down.

As for babes...come on..they don't follow your car la. But a modded car can be just next to you during the duration of the drive causing a longer distraction time.

Well if you read LTA website..that's what they say. Light on the undercarriage, super-customised body, super bright head lamps etc , etc are all causing distraction to others. And I tend to agree. People just can't help but get distracted by all these stuff during their drive.

Why can't people just stick to the rules and just keep a stock car?

Edited by Starry

Actually I do hate those blinking lights because I think they cause distraction but they have a purpose to warn or to tell you to slow down.

As for babes...come on..they don't follow your car la. But a modded car can be just next to you during the duration of the drive causing a longer distraction time.

Well if you read LTA website..that's what they say. Light on the undercarriage, super-customised body, super bright head lamps etc , etc are all causing distraction to others. And I tend to agree. People just can't help but get distracted by all these stuff during their drive.

Why can't people just stick to the rules and just keep a stock car?

As much as I hate those lous mods & super bright lights, I agree that those with neons lights have nothing better to do but I think some mods have a reason behind thou.

Roll bar are 100% out

cos the TP's Hilux pickup also cannot match this monster.

I personally dun think you should over mod your car for safety reasons but when you say its fine to mod overseas coz the roads are sparse and its not so distracting is really abit far fetched and unreasonable.

its something like saying any girl tat wears a slightly shorter skirt or a tank top deserved to be raped and the rapist is not in the wrong coz she brought it upon herself....

Just my humble opinion.

↡ Advertisement