Malaysia: What to do when your windscreen is smashed in JB?

Kelpie

We have submitted the request to hv a sticky for this thread.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

it must be damn exhausted to try to break your windscreen.

I doubt so. In fact, my glass is fitted with V-Kool with another shutter resistant glass layer. By right, it should not be that easy for them to break the glass. By the time I reached there one nice piece of shuttered glass was already found at the rear seat. So afterall, the so-called shutter resistent flim is not that promising.

Regards,

300RGT is NOT cheap. with 600RGT, u can get a new windscreen (OEM) in JB.

Strange? Did I mention that it is a 2nd hand one? Replacement is of course a new one lar.

Regards,

Turbocharged

with so many car thefts and such, wouldn't it be easy to set up an entrapment to nab these fellas. maybe someone should set up a task force, with proper broadcast video recording to catch them in the act? like a reality show?? then ambush these fellas, wallop them jialat jialat. then post on youtube?? [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

it is obvious the workshop did it so as to earn business. the suspicious factors are 1. the price of the wndoscreen replacement is so cheap, too good to be true, and usually is. 2. the items in the car not stolen, so clearly the motive was not theft.

• Praise 2

it is obvious the workshop did it so as to earn business. the suspicious factors are 1. the price of the wndoscreen replacement is so cheap, too good to be true, and usually is. 2. the items in the car not stolen, so clearly the motive was not theft.

??? JB got many many workshops in many many ulu places that sgreans may not find leh..

• Praise 2

put it this way, they just go around smashing sg cars, one day easily ten businesses. 10 times 300 = rm 3000 per day, one month is almost 100k income.

Turbocharged
(edited)

your insurance dont have free windscreen replacement? normally i parked at the open space carpark outside jusco. the place where u replace the windscreen is the place where the shooting incident last week

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

put it this way, they just go around smashing sg cars, one day easily ten businesses. 10 times 300 = rm 3000 per day, one month is almost 100k income.

100k income? Don't they need time and labor to replace the windscreen? And the winscreen isn't even free.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Well, what can I say. You're entitled to your own thought.

Let me share with you, my relative's JB landed house, PUB's bill is only RM4 monthly though he only stay during weekends. He closed all windows and on air-con throughout his stay there. Too good to be true?

A typical clerical staff earn about RM850 monthly, so RM300(S$139) is alot to them liao. Can't use S$ to compare. In fact dollar to dollar it is not cheap. Asked a Singapore workshop, quoted me S$210 for replacement.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

your insurance dont have free windscreen replacement? normally i parked at the open space carpark outside jusco. the place where u replace the windscreen is the place where the shooting incident last week

Too much trouble! Imagine parking a car without a windscreen over a weekend? In Singapore, workshop doesn't operate on weekend and the incident happened on a late Saturday afternoon. If it is a weekday, probably drive back Singapore to replace but since now I've a lobang, skip Singapore workshop altogether.

Regards,

Do you know of any GTS that has no monthly fee? ie, I use my own sim card. I've seen some solutions out there but it comes packaged with their sim cards + 24hr helpdesk blah.... I don't want. I am still holding onto a M1 Zeroplan sim card. So very keen to use it in a GTS. If no SMS, no cost. If SMS, means my car got activated....then I want to see SMS.

But then again if no monthly fee, it means I won't be able to login to a webpage and see it's location. But I think it's good enough if it SMSes me it's GPS position.....

Any advise?

PMed you.

Regards,

I have 3 steering locks, Shock sensors and a Global Tracking system. Hence, I have better chance and timing to react. A bag consisted of 2 water bottles was stolen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Care to share what type of alarm system you use ? My GSM alarm system cant work now (after 3 years). The that installed the alarm for me also discontinued this GSM alarm system. Saying that they have problem since 3G network started operation.

Do you use SIM card in your alarm system ?

PMed you.

Regards,

And 3, you need to wear glasses.

The windscreen was not replaced.

Because it was not broken.

The rear window was replaced.

Because it was broken.

MYR300 for a rear window is not that cheap.

Or do you have a comprehension problem where people very clearly state "rear window" and suddenly you understand that to mean windscreen?

• Praise 2

Bro can let me know which GTS is that w/o monthly fee too?

Thanks. [thumbsup]

PMed you.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement