Help me out with this accident scenario guys.

Bigg

first things first: i mean no harm or offence to these 2 brothers, if they are on mcf. from what i saw in 2 seconds, no one was hurt, both drivers got out with no blood etc.

Along sle towards bke woodlands ave 2 exit, there was a crash. What im wondering is how the crash happened. was it a skid? was it x? was it y?

crashk.jpg

how did car a crash towards the flyover wall? car a must have crashed first, yes? leading to car b crashing in straight.

buttttttttttt, its on road shoulder!

ok i really cant sleep. hahahah! any bros got any explanation for this.

i hope both parties are alright. God speed.

↡ Advertisement

Maybe A wanted to exit to AVE 12... But he was on the outer lane.. So tried swerving but B was there so in the end..Both tried to siam but still bang each other...

Maybe car A spun out of control for some reason, car B was near behind and too late to siam?

Interesting questions actually, sometimes we see the aftermath of accidents and the relative positions of the vehicles, it's a good thinking exercise to just think of how it could had happened.

Most likely explanation:

Car A decided to exit at the very last moment, probably even from the middle lane.

He did not see Car B in his blind spot, who was minding his own business.

Car B therefore whacked into him T-Bone style, and the momentum carried them both for a short distance past the intended exit.

I have seen a lorry that had brake failure ram into a Mercedes at a perfect right angle at a junction, and the lorry had enough energy to push the car sideways for a good 50 metres.

Car A wants to re-enact a stunt in "Fast & Furious 4", Car B realized what Car A was trying to do and wanted to join in.

That's why they ended up like that.

Most likely explanation:

Car A decided to exit at the very last moment, probably even from the middle lane.

He did not see Car B in his blind spot, who was minding his own business.

Car B therefore whacked into him T-Bone style, and the momentum carried them both for a short distance past the intended exit.

I have seen a lorry that had brake failure ram into a Mercedes at a perfect right angle at a junction, and the lorry had enough energy to push the car sideways for a good 50 metres.

Hummm....from the diagram it seems that car B hit car A almost at a 90 degrees angle, if car A is cutting into the exit from lane 2 or 1, its angle to the exit cannot be 90 degree to the oncoming traffic, even if car B were to bang into car A, its impact will probably be at the rear of car A or parallel to car A side.

my guess is car A did has the intention of exiting but his abrupt action(maybe jam brakes) caused the car to skid to the left a little, at this moment car B tried to squeeze away but the allowance only allow him to steer to the left and then he slammed into car A like a "T" and the momentum push them further up into the shoulder. [nod]

Hummm....from the diagram it seems that car B hit car A almost at a 90 degrees angle, if car A is cutting into the exit from lane 2 or 1, its angle to the exit cannot be 90 degree to the oncoming traffic, even if car B were to bang into car A, its impact will probably be at the rear of car A or parallel to car A side.

my guess is car A did has the intention of exiting but his abrupt action(maybe jam brakes) caused the car to skid to the left a little, at this moment car B tried to squeeze away but the allowance only allow him to steer to the left and then he slammed into car A like a "T" and the momentum push them further up into the shoulder. [nod]

I know that the exit is NOT 90 degrees and that A is NOT making a 90 degree left turn, which is the basis of your reasoning why the angle should be shallower. Your reasoning presupposes that A actually overtook B to take the exit and therefore the contact angle should be shallower.

If you want to analyse like that, then let me give you a blow-by-blow scenario.

1. A decides at the last moment to take the exit from the middle of the road. He is not overtaking anyone. But B is lurking in his blind spot at his 8 o'clock. Maybe B is overtaking him?

2. A slams on his brakes and turns hard to try to make the exit. Weight transfers to front tyres. Back end unweights.

3. This causes A's car to pivot 90 degrees. Car still manages to travel towards the exit and is now just before the exit.

4. Right at the very moment that A's car is 90 degrees to the lane (maybe stopped pivoting, maybe not), B rams into him.

5. Forward energy happens to be greater than pivoting energy. They both continue locked together at right angles to each other and slide past the exit.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

A wanna do a last min exit from lane 2. B on 3rd lane going fast. A did not see B coming A swerved towards B direction towards the Exitcausing B to hit into A.

this is juz a guess. if wanna know what really happen gotta see the damages on both vehicles.

Edited by Nikamura

Car B in trying to avoid Car A swerved and drove into the slip road only to bang into Car A which lost control. Were they avoiding something on the road?

Looks like Car A doing a kamikaze stunt last minute to turn into Ave 12....see lots of these clowns and Car B unable to stop in time....thus, insurance go up again loh...

Looks like Car A doing a kamikaze stunt last minute to turn into Ave 12....see lots of these clowns and Car B unable to stop in time....thus, insurance go up again loh...

PIE (Tuas) at Corporation Rd exit. ALWAYS see such stunts. usually cars and taxis pulling it. i hope these pple get T-boned more often.

so last minute that they seem to cut the chevron at 90 degrees. and causing near collision. the person whose lane was cut does not even have time to brake or horn even though the gap was so small. or maybe before they could react, the bugger already made it 'safely' across