Tailor-made Suits in Bangkok

Xcalibur

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

hi guys

i believe those of you who been to BKK must have seen similar advertisements below:

http://www.narry.com/index.php?option=com_...1&Itemid=14

GENTS (3 suits)

Latest & finest imported wool, silk, linen

2 Suits (cashmere, gaberdine, merino & mohair wool)

2 Shirts (egyptian pinpoint, oxford cottons, thai silk)

1 Summer Suit (linen, cotton, lightwool)

2 Silk Ties

1 Silk Kimono Double Side

2 Leather Belts

Wonder if any of you tried this before, or have any good one (with Shop name and address) to recommend?

Thanks and have a good day!

Edited by Xcalibur
↡ Advertisement

hi guys

i believe those of you who been to BKK must have seen similar advertisements below:

GENTS (3 suits)

2 Silk Ties

2 Leather Belts

Wonder if any of you tried this before, or have any good one (with Shop name and address) to recommend?

Tourist trap..... ang moh will go as they do not know better.... if you really want a good tailor, go to mine...

http://www.pinkytailor.com/

I have been to this Narry at Sukhumvit, BKK. It was quite a messy shop, imo. Nothing like the pics online. Looks more like a fabric trading shop than a tailor shop.

The other tailors in that area let me sit down and brought fabric samples to me to choose. Narry didn't do that....not sure if that's the way they operate or they were busy. I had to walk around the whole shop looking at the rolls and rolls of farbics all over the place stacked standing up on the floor. If want to see the rolls inside, had to ask the staff to take out for me. Sometimes they had to move out about 10 rolls of fabrics before they can reach the ones inside.... from this you can imagine how messy it was.

Prices were quite ok though. If i remember correctly, i think i paid about S$35 or so per shirt, cos i went with my friend who also ordered a few shirts...so we probably got a bulk buy price.

BUT.....when we received the shirt (delivered to hotel), both of us were not happy with the quality. I went topless in the shop for 10 mins to let them measure the shirt i was wearing as i wanted that size. Even then, the shirts still came too big....and they're out by quite a bit. I had to go back for alteration. FOC, but still a hassle.

Keep your options open when you visit them. There are at least 15 other tailors on that street alone.

looking at pinky tailor website, saw their photo of the 'Mangartz Brothers' which they outfitted

not very impressive i have to say

all the pants are all too long, too many breaks (too much material)

the tallest brother suit jacket is pulling in the middle

I am sure there are good tailors in BKK, but I doubt the famous ones are the best , good value perhaps, but not the best

Neutral Newbie

Hi all

Many thanks to your contributions.

If not for them, I think I might just dial the number of Narry in the tourist map!~

I will browse the pinky and embassy sites later.

Appreciate your advice and sharing, guys!

have a good day!

hi guys

GENTS (3 suits)

2 Silk Ties

2 Leather Belts

I did mine at a shop at MBK, quite value for money coz e material they use is so much better den wad u get in Spore and of coz, u may need to bargain abit [flowerface]

Funny that you asked because today I overheard my colleague who just came back from Bangkok

talking about it. She took up the package and later realised that the quality so so and a bit pricey for

what she's getting.

Hi,

Tailor-made clothing is an excellent choice, especially when you can't seem to find a perfect fit in ready-to-wear shops. I have been used Toms Fashion services for suits customization . It is the good custom tailor in Bangkok.

I got my 5 lady shirts (actually design just like guy just abit smaller only) done at sukhumvit. nice good workman shop. quite alot material to choose from. went last yr oct and am gg there again in 2 weeks time 1 lady shirt is ard 27.80 sgd. i am quite confirm it can go lower this time round bcos a few of us are making with them. as usual u go first time find material, measure then go for fitting the next day if everything ok will get it send to our hotel the next day.

But i heard mbk got 1 not bad also. Can someone advise me the address and shop name?

Hi,

Tailor-made clothing is an excellent choice, especially when you can't seem to find a perfect fit in ready-to-wear shops. I have been used Toms Fashion services for suits customization . It is the good custom tailor in Bangkok.

Are you still at it?

Dear Xcalibur,

I have no tried to Narry tailor but I would like recommend top five custom tailor in Bangkok where you can find the latest fabric designs with competitive prices and on time .

Name of the top tailors :

Tailor on Ten

Crown Tailor

Pinky Tailor

Toms Fashion

Ravi Sehgal

Narry

Try embassy tailor. Not cheap but good quality. It's near Erawan but on the parallel road (http://www.embassyfashion.com/contactus.asp). I made my suit there, and some shirts. B6000, or something like that for suit. Their shirts are B2000 onwards a piece, but very good quality and workmanship

I also use the Holiday Inn Pleonchit, in house tailor. I make my pants there, and they have very good workmanship. B3000 for a wool pants. Check the cashmere wool material, amazing, but B10,000, is just too much for office pants.

For daily office wear shirts, i go Amari tailor, near Big C. Cheap and decent. Can easily last 2 yrs, before it looks tired and out of style. With minimum of3-5 shirts, you should be able to get at B750 each. I didn't like the pants they do.

Of the many other tailors i've tried, the above 3 have so far been better in measurements, and the quality is decently good (in rank or mentioning above).

↡ Advertisement