What car shampoo do you all use?

Dschia

Don't*wash your vehicle when the sheetmetal is hot. The heat causes the soap and water to dry much faster than on a cool surface, which can make the washing process harder and possibly dull the finish. First thing in the morning is a good time to do a wash, or, if the vehicleis been parked in the shade for a while, the metal is likely to be cool enough to do it any time of the day.

Do*hose off the vehicle before washing. A thorough ipre-rinsei will not only help cool off the sheetmetal, but will also remove loose dirt, leaves, or other debris that could scratch the paint if caught under a sponge or towel. If thereis packed-on mud, use a strong steady stream to break it up and rinse it off entirely.

Don't*use a household detergent to wash your car. This is one of the most common mistakes. Dish soap, laundry soap, and household cleaners are often too harsh to use on a caris paint. They can strip off the protective wax coating and possibly dull the paintis finish. A dedicated carwash formula, on the other hand, is formulated with a milder soap that doesnit affect the protective coating.

Do*wash the vehicle in sections. Wash and rinse one area at a time. This will help prevent the sudsy water from drying on the paint before you can rinse it off.

↡ Advertisement

HAHA......i have been using dish washing detergent to wash my rides for 10yrs leow.....so far no problem ley. MY argument is if the govt approved the sale of dish washing detergent at NTUC for the public to wash their oily eating utensils with, i see no problem how it can "hurt" the metal skin of my rides [confused]

The car accessories is a multi billion $$ industry worldwide, a lot of $$$ spend on marketing to encouraged consumers to choose X brand over Y brand. It is the choice of consumers to decide for themselves but personally i find that the dish washing detergent can adequately removes the dirt on the metal and windscreen without much residual [thumbsup] . Thereafter i use my favorite wax to "protect"the paintwork till the next washing. [inlove]

There is no short cut to the process, i guess a little effort must be spend on stage 1 washing and then stage 2 waxing. My experience is use better wax so the gloss can "tahan"a bit longer. [nod]

In my opinion, this is both dangerous and harmful to the car. After all, none of us would bathe with laundry detergent, so why would we treat delicate car surfaces with harsh chemicals?

A car shampoo is a mild soap (not detergent) formulated to gently clean, lubricate and restore gloss. Choose a car shampoo based on what works best for you. All of the major brand names are close in quality and results. In my experience, you're not going to see a huge difference until you start getting into some of the smaller, lesser-known enthusiast brands.

In my opinion, this is both dangerous and harmful to the car. After all, none of us would bathe with laundry detergent, so why would we treat delicate car surfaces with harsh chemicals?

A car shampoo is a mild soap (not detergent) formulated to gently clean, lubricate and restore gloss. Choose a car shampoo based on what works best for you. All of the major brand names are close in quality and results. In my experience, you're not going to see a huge difference until you start getting into some of the smaller, lesser-known enthusiast brands.

I agreed, already pay so much for a car, why is it difficult to get a car shampoo. Be it a $8 shampoo, still safe for our car.

Personally using DG, not a well known brand until MD intro us. Nice concentrated shampoo with lot of suds and lubricant in it.

(edited)

Just from my personal experience thats all, i have been using it on my past 2 rides, didnt see any negative effects. for general discussion, i would wash my eating utensils with dish washing liquid but not with car wash shampoo [shakehead] , in terms of "harsh chemicals", my personal presumptions is you would probably find more inside a car wash than inside a dish washing detergent. The metal skin of a car can never be as "delicate" as that from a human skin, everyday people use dish washing detergent to wash their utensils after meals, their hands are in constant contacts with the dish washing detergent everday didnt see any reports that it is harmful....so if it its okay for human it should not have any problem with metal. anyway just my personal practice to save a few lousy bucks on washing my ride thats all.....other cars owners are free to choose whatever products that they are comfortable with [thumbsup]

Edited by Hotamp

Armour All Wash (not the one with the wax).

Tried Duragloss but it feels like washing the car with water. Got no soapy feeling.

Sorry to ask..you add DG shampoo first or fill up with water and add in shampoo?

on the news yesterday. Taiwan has this spray on wax using those compressed air bottles like those you see in a car paint shop. the wax suppose to be like semi-permanent. washing is simply rinsing away the dirt. is this product already here?

on the news yesterday. Taiwan has this spray on wax using those compressed air bottles like those you see in a car paint shop. the wax suppose to be like semi-permanent. washing is simply rinsing away the dirt. is this product already here?

Ot abit...it looked like it require certain air pressure..maybe like those paint shop spraying laquer type..If it is here..I think only grooming centre will have..DIY will be a bit difficult..

Supercharged

I just bought a 1L bottle of Carplan shampoo from NTUC Xtra, bundled with sponge at $5+ after 30% discount.. [laugh]

NTUC Xtra having disc for car grooming products now; just bought Armorall Car Wash, CarPlan tyre shine and Turtlewax, average 20% - 30% off.

Tried Meguair, Autoglym, Zymol and Armorall before. So far I like Megauir best. Better foaming action and cleaning power. Cheapest of the lot too.

The worst so far I tried is Autoglym. expensive and cleaning power is so-so only.

I like the coconut smell of Zymol shampoo. It foams well too.

Armorall (wax and wash) is cheap to use but my wiper "jump" after use.

Nowadays I only use a pure shampoo.

tried a few brands..as long as it foams i m ok and all make my car looking shiny so dunno wats the difference.....right now, using polyglaze..

NTUC Xtra having disc for car grooming products now; just bought Armorall Car Wash, CarPlan tyre shine and Turtlewax, average 20% - 30% off.

armorall cheaper at autobacs...

dove very cheap at ntuc...

Sorry to ask..you add DG shampoo first or fill up with water and add in shampoo?

Add shampoo 1st, followed by water.

↡ Advertisement