What car shampoo do you all use?

Dschia

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Autoglym 1L bottle of wash and conditioner is only slightly more expensive that Meguiar gold class wash and conditioner and meg gold class it is only 473ml. Unless you are refering to Meg NXT wash, then that is almost double the size of Autoglym shampoo at simliar price.. Dilution ratio also must take into consideration if wana compare price..

But then again, if want more suds and cleaning ability in a shampoo can just add more of the instructed amount and vice versa. Also can add APC in for stronger mix but preferbly you know what your mix will do for you..

Edited by Dschia
↡ Advertisement

for reg washes, i use chemical guys citrus wash and gloss... it's quite economical for me. Around $80 per gallon. You only need to mix 0.5 ounces per 2 gallons of water for a normal wash... so that adds up to about 256 washes for the gallon.

for wash before wax, i use dodo juice's born to be mild as it's both PH neutral and contains no gloss enhancers... but it's a bit pricier at around $22 for 250ml.

Add shampoo 1st, followed by water.

I followed instruction behind, says 3 caps to a gallon and I get foam party [laugh] .

Just from my personal experience thats all, i have been using it on my past 2 rides, didnt see any negative effects. for general discussion, i would wash my eating utensils with dish washing liquid but not with car wash shampoo [shakehead] , in terms of "harsh chemicals", my personal presumptions is you would probably find more inside a car wash than inside a dish washing detergent. The metal skin of a car can never be as "delicate" as that from a human skin, everyday people use dish washing detergent to wash their utensils after meals, their hands are in constant contacts with the dish washing detergent everday didnt see any reports that it is harmful....so if it its okay for human it should not have any problem with metal. anyway just my personal practice to save a few lousy bucks on washing my ride thats all.....other cars owners are free to choose whatever products that they are comfortable with [thumbsup]

sorry to say those who wash plates regularly, the detergent will irritate the skin, sometimes crack it.

I asked my maid to use glove to wash, she didn't want. 6 months later, kenna.

Autoglym 1L bottle of wash and conditioner is only slightly more expensive that Meguiar gold class wash and conditioner and meg gold class it is only 473ml. Unless you are refering to Meg NXT wash, then that is almost double the size of Autoglym shampoo at simliar price.. Dilution ratio also must take into consideration if wana compare price..

But then again, if want more suds and cleaning ability in a shampoo can just add more of the instructed amount and vice versa. Also can add APC in for stronger mix but preferbly you know what your mix will do for you..

I m using NXT. Have not try gold class yet.

I dont use APC for the paint work as it dull the paint. I use APC only for my wheel arc.

Neutral Newbie

Not too sure about dulling the paintwork. But my take is proper dilution should be save since manufacturer do have a dilution chart for APC with paintwork.

Neutral Newbie

Armour All Wash (not the one with the wax).

Tried Duragloss but it feels like washing the car with water. Got no soapy feeling.

for my DG shampoo.. i will not get the VERY SOAPY feel one like detergent.

i will get a lot of foam + slight slippery feel.. but surpirsingly the car is sparking clean after washing loh..

i think the cleaning properties might be quite good + not irritate to skin type

Neutral Newbie

side track abit >>> i am thinking of getting Carplan dash cleaner . Want to try try (previously i was using Armourall)

anyone know how good./bad is it?? and how much??

I followed instruction behind, says 3 caps to a gallon and I get foam party [laugh] .

Bro, don't need 3 caps arr. 2 Caps for me is enough to have foam party for the car, AND rims! Thats the power of 901!!

I am proud to say that since the day i joined Duragloss gang in about 2007, I have cleared at least 5 small bottles of 901 shampoo and TWO FREAKING GALLONS of 901 till now.

I'm on my 2nd gallon, fast finishing, and needing somemore!

HWEEE!!!!!

Just from my personal experience thats all, i have been using it on my past 2 rides, didnt see any negative effects. for general discussion, i would wash my eating utensils with dish washing liquid but not with car wash shampoo [shakehead] , in terms of "harsh chemicals", my personal presumptions is you would probably find more inside a car wash than inside a dish washing detergent. The metal skin of a car can never be as "delicate" as that from a human skin, everyday people use dish washing detergent to wash their utensils after meals, their hands are in constant contacts with the dish washing detergent everday didnt see any reports that it is harmful....so if it its okay for human it should not have any problem with metal. anyway just my personal practice to save a few lousy bucks on washing my ride thats all.....other cars owners are free to choose whatever products that they are comfortable with [thumbsup]

It's your call your decision .No one is stopping you .

Many people continue to wash their car with dish washing detergent , which quickly degrades automotive plastic, rubber and paint. On the basis of overwhelming evidence, dishwashing detergent will destroy your clearcoat finish over time. Dishwashing detergents are formulated to remove grease and oils. Detergents easily strip wax protection from your paint and moisture from rubber seals and trim.

Regular washing of your car

Neutral Newbie

side track abit >>> i am thinking of getting Carplan dash cleaner . Want to try try (previously i was using Armourall)

anyone know how good./bad is it?? and how much??

Based on the current promo @ NTUC Xtra should be 40% Cheaper than your previous Dash Cleaner

Neutral Newbie

Yesterday was @ Esso saw them promoting Prostaff Koutaku Gloss Wax Shampoo free Sponge with some Japanese wording on the bottle. Was in a rush so didnt notice the price.

I'm using the new armourall wash-and-wax. Despite the initial paranoia about such wash-and-wax products, I found that it does work quite well and the car does feel that much smoother and shiner after washing.

↡ Advertisement