What car shampoo do you all use?

Dschia

on 2nd gallon of durgaloss shampoo. Still my favour shampoo so far, no streaks when drys up.

2nd gallon? [shocked] Mr President, U shower using it? Y so much?

any shampoo recommendation for white car owners ... for my case. it is an opc white car..

hardly get to drive during the weekdays and by the time weekend comes. often find bird dropping etc on my car as i parked in an open air carpark :(

i need something that is strong and bring out the "whitest" white of my car as i notice that it is getting slightly yellowish white now :( [thumbsup]

I'm using the new armourall wash-and-wax. Despite the initial paranoia about such wash-and-wax products, I found that it does work quite well and the car does feel that much smoother and shiner after washing.

i prefer the normal armourall shampoo (without the wax). it has more soap suds, wash better and cleaner.

i use the armourall too. price not too sure but should be around $10.

find that it gets the car clean and works well.

since i wash once a week or sometimes every 10 days it lasts a long time and no need to fret over the orice.

i use it economically by pouring a little over sponge and then wet sponge and wash.

1 wash only 3-4 half capfuls the most.

any shampoo recommendation for white car owners ... for my case. it is an opc white car..

hardly get to drive during the weekdays and by the time weekend comes. often find bird dropping etc on my car as i parked in an open air carpark :(

i need something that is strong and bring out the "whitest" white of my car as i notice that it is getting slightly yellowish white now :( [thumbsup]

try to polish and wax regularly, it helps more than washing

try to polish and wax regularly, it helps more than washing

But polishing works by removing a thin layer off your paint coat every time, so there's a limit to the no. of times you can polish your car. I think the qualifier is that yes, you can polish your car regularly to keep it shiny and white, but try not to do it too frequently.

But polishing works by removing a thin layer off your paint coat every time, so there's a limit to the no. of times you can polish your car. I think the qualifier is that yes, you can polish your car regularly to keep it shiny and white, but try not to do it too frequently.

using hands to polish will not remove clearcoat. look for those products that are clearcoat safe. using machine polish will remove clearcoat.

white car will sure turn yellowish no matter how much u wax...cant possible polish it every time too.

thats why dont buy white cars.....

that's true...es[ecially when its parked in open air carpark. for those cars park in sheltered lots, less chances of it turning yellow.

Neutral Newbie

Use something like a cleaner wax, or something like Zaino AIO or Klasse AIO. Even Meguiars has a paint cleaner. Swissvax has cleaner fluid, Zymol has HD cleanse etc etc. All these are minimally or not abrasive AT ALL.

If you hit the paint with wool pad and high speed rotary, surely the clear coat will be gone in no time.

But if you use a finishing pad with something like AIO or cleaner wax at low rpm or hand polish, it is just removing the yellowish part like deep cleansing, not using abrasive to remove clear coat. Use very regularly also can.

Edited by Davc

sonax having discount @ Giant Tampines, not sure for other giant branch.

$12.89 for 2 x 1L of Car wash shampoo. usual $19.98.

(free goodie pack)

$50 sonax professional polishing voucher

Sonax Mist band - sample of Easy Shine & Sonax car care instruction.

↡ Advertisement