Eat Rojak, Get Food Poisoning, and Die

Nohnemwan

Sometime back. my mum ordered from this stall. We ate only a few mouthful before we threw it out.

chao sng smell and not fresh, the sauce oso smell like puke, lao sai a few times but thought nothing of it coz my tummy bit sensitive.

Don't say I'm paranoid but me and my wife have stopped eating Indian rojak and roti prata for at least 10 years liao. [sweatdrop]

Sometimes it's a good thing to be racist as far as foods are concerned.

For me, normally I have problem with Indian food, and even some Muslim / Indonesian food. Maybe it's too spicy and my tummy can't take it.

I like rojak, but it's the chinese type. For most Indian food, just one look at the state of the cook I already lost appetite.

in light of this incident. think there be a blanket sweep across the country for food safety?

Why so? Every year there is at least one mass food poisoning incident.

Must every case result in a islandwide operation? One such high profile incident a year is well within statistical tolerance. It is not possible to consistently have zero food poisoning cases every year. These guys are just cooks and food handlers, not surgeons. And even surgeons have patients that die.

This case borders on sabotage or som esort of poisoning...Salmonella wun do this...Heard over the news, a lady miscarriaged as a result, and she is 2 months pregnant...Another 4month pregnant is fine, but warded at KKH

Not good

many times, the dirtier the place, the more delicious the food is.

ya man... i relish the thought of dinner at the old jalan wong ah fook .... smelly drains and all , but the food there is heavenly la.....

Sometimes it's a good thing to be racist as far as foods are concerned.

For me, normally I have problem with Indian food, and even some Muslim / Indonesian food. Maybe it's too spicy and my tummy can't take it.

I like rojak, but it's the chinese type. For most Indian food, just one look at the state of the cook I already lost appetite.

should have a look overseas man... i remembered a trip to bandung indonesia a few years back , nice weather and all , stopped by the road side to have an indo version of theor chendol... when the stall owner's kid decided to take a inpormptu dump in the drain just beside the stall ... where they put the cups awaiting washing.... eeeks..

bloody hell what luck!

i assume its sabotage leh. that stall quite popular accordign to my neighbour

May well be rat poison mixed w the flour as there are lots of rats there...Single handedly this cannot occur, as this is massive

In a third world country, I went for porride supper around 2am. It was a wooden house sticking out into the river mekong. While drinking and waiting for the food, I walked around and noted that the cook drown the chicken in the mekong river before cooking it. The soup, I imagined must also come from the river. But I got tough stomach.

In a third world country, I went for porride supper around 2am. It was a wooden house sticking out into the river mekong. While drinking and waiting for the food, I walked around and noted that the cook drown the chicken in the mekong river before cooking it. The soup, I imagined must also come from the river. Fortunately I got tough stomach.

My colleague had diarrhea for a week when he was first posted there even with all kinds of vacinnation. For me, I scared of vacinnation and had none.

Neutral Newbie

Wondering what kind of "posions" are inside the rojak? Eat until ppl die and woman miscarriage....

omg... very bad..

Neutral Newbie

Sometime back. my mum ordered from this stall. We ate only a few mouthful before we threw it out.

chao sng smell and not fresh, the sauce oso smell like puke, lao sai a few times but thought nothing of it coz my tummy bit sensitive.

then i think something is really not right with this stall

↡ Advertisement