Where to buy cheap digital casio watches for swimming use?

Whyeme

used to have one which lasted for ages when i was a kid...now need one again cos need to swim to stay healthy [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Now Casio watches also not cheap.

I bought a cheapo one for around $50 six months back.

If you don't mind really old designs (circa late 80s/early 90s), a couple of shops in Bt Merah Central sell them at around $30ish (I think).

used to have one which lasted for ages when i was a kid...now need one again cos need to swim to stay healthy [:)]

Mustafa.

For the sheer range and the freedom to be left alone when you are browsing through the range of what is available, Mustafa is hard to beat.

If Mustafa is too much bother then those typical HDB town centre watch shops will also have Casio watches, but the range is likely to not be as comprehensive. The best time to go when Mustafa is almost empty is about 7 in the morning.

Now Casio watches also not cheap.

I bought a cheapo one for around $50 six months back.

If you don't mind really old designs (circa late 80s/early 90s), a couple of shops in Bt Merah Central sell them at around $30ish (I think).

thks mate! old design neber mind...quality most impt to me...i bot a china so called sports watch @ $10 which looked very nice but with my 1st butterfly stroke into the pool, water flooded the watch! sigh... [thumbsdown]

Mustafa.

For the sheer range and the freedom to be left alone when you are browsing through the range of what is available, Mustafa is hard to beat.

If Mustafa is too much bother then those typical HDB town centre watch shops will also have Casio watches, but the range is likely to not be as comprehensive. The best time to go when Mustafa is almost empty is about 7 in the morning.

thks for the heads up mate. have not been to mustafa for ages...

should be able to get a basic one from most HDB shops for less than $30.

quality is pretty good for that price, bought a simple and cheap Casio for my reservist days and it lasted over 5 ICTs.

Actually Mustafa is quite a fascinating place.

Like an airconditioned version of Sungei Road, a rain proof treasure trove but selling new things - somewhat disorganised, crowded and full of inconsiderate people jamming the corridors.

Wander over there with an objective of getting what you want without any time frame and you will be well rewarded.

The other option is Haniffa along Dunlop Street. Smaller version of Mustafa, same low prices, but street parking more convenient in the parallel streets around and lots of good makan just outside.

A bit like going to KL without leaving town.

Bras Basah complex also have some of those old time watch shop.

Those Casio watches are lasting. During NS, hung one of it behind a 155mm howitzer during live firing and it survived the impact.

Neutral Newbie

At those old fashion HDB heartland watch shops. The very basic, no-frill casio watch (black in colour - with only alarm, light, stop watch function) only cost about $20+. Cheap and good. I have been wearing that for sports and reservists.

Supercharged

i fully agree with Mustafa....

u can easily get one with yr limited budget.... sure can find one!!

1001 watches for u to choose.

The Bencoolen building (opp Sim Lim Sq) so far I come across have the best price and many choices, because of many competitive watch shops there.

Turbocharged

that reminds me... starting to run again. need a simple,light casio with stopwatch (only thing is can imagine the rubber strap will stink like my armpits after a few runs).