.com and server question

Bigg

hello bros/sis,

can i ask if any one use this website before, hostgator.com

i kena arrow do company website...so thinking of getting domain + server with them. will have news, pictures, about, contact and company blog.

will these features be able to 'tahan' the pages above?

they seem like good, good specs, etc (most i dont understand one! ahha) and read alot of good reviews outside.

then theres this coupon where u pay 1st month only 1cent! is this too good to be true or is it scam?

any of you experience in this field, do share your tips and etc.

img1.pngimg2.gifimg3.gifimg4.gif

↡ Advertisement

Suggest that you don't get your domain & host from the same company.

Register the domain from a registrar direct and make sure you/your company is the direct owner of the domain and not some other third party. This is prevent the third party from playing punk with u.

Also, when you are the direct owner of a domain, it makes it much easier to switch host if the current host is not good.

Neutral Newbie

If this is for a local company here, you might want to go for a local hosting provider like www.cyberaxis.com.sg

you will definitely get better speeds with your domain housed here than US so when anything happen your boss won't be screaming at you.

Suggest that you don't get your domain & host from the same company.

Register the domain from a registrar direct and make sure you/your company is the direct owner of the domain and not some other third party. This is prevent the third party from playing punk with u.

Also, when you are the direct owner of a domain, it makes it much easier to switch host if the current host is not good.

hi spherex, how can they 'play punk'? enlighten me pls, thanks!

If this is for a local company here, you might want to go for a local hosting provider like www.cyberaxis.com.sg

you will definitely get better speeds with your domain housed here than US so when anything happen your boss won't be screaming at you.

um, do you work for cyberaxis.com?

you sign up to this forum just to post this?!

Neutral Newbie

hi spherex, how can they 'play punk'? enlighten me pls, thanks!

His meaning of play punk is just in case the hosting company dun release rights to ur domain if u have intention to transfer to another place for hosting.

Neutral Newbie

Hey bro,

US hosting not say not good but if there is a downtime the time zone is different and it is hard to get support. As for local server company, I can recommend you if u wan cos i'm using it currently and i suppose their services is good and cheap more black and white on anytime shift out whenever I wan.

got use hostgator but only for personal use thus more than enough la the specs...as for customer service..they have 24/7 live chat to talk to them and query

Turbocharged

sometimes for web hosting, paying a bit more certainly will get a better service and support...

when i started my website some months ago (in my signature below), the web hosting server in US kept crashing, and the website couldn't be accessed... yes the annual subscription charges is very cheap but they did not bother to do much despite my numerous complaints...

only recently they did an overhaul and the access and speed improved...

so better get a local one! [sly] [sly]

Neutral Newbie

Bigg, if my intention is just to post that my join date won't be 4th April liao.. ? :)

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

hosted my forum and personal websites with them for around 1 year. speed is good and uptime is almost 100%. page loading if fast too.

btw, they have been in business for many years already. I pay monthly so anytime can cancel. not like some company ask you to pay yearly and give you discount. hostgator doesn't give discount for yearly payment i think.

Edited by Rongshu

local company?

suggest u get a local server to host. it will be faster to load pages for all ur singapore users.

if u r interested i can give my quote.

agree with all the points here.

but you guys also have to agree with one thing - local hosting price is above the roof!!

Not necessary need to have local hosting. Speed might not be a big issue depending on the nature of your site. Sometimes it's not even noticiable whether a site is hosted here or elsewhere.

It depends on your needs and requirements.

- how high avaiability does your site needs to be? 95%? 99.99%?

- diskspace requirements?

- bandwidth requirements? are u expecting lots of visitors?

- type of technical support u need?

- static pages or dynamic ones?

- forum? shopping cart? etc.

You need to let me know your requirements before I can advise you further.

As for hosting companies which you have shortlisted, just spend some time to "google" around on the net and search for any presence of bad reviews. Eg. if you are interested in XXYYZZ Hosting Company, then search for terms like "XXYYZZ Sucks". "XXYYZZ bad experience" etc. etc.

His meaning of play punk is just in case the hosting company dun release rights to ur domain if u have intention to transfer to another place for hosting.

yupyup.

eg. when you are not satistied with their services antd requested transfer to other host, they might not corporate. Or worst still, the company suddenly close down and it will be difficult to get the domain back.

Best is to register your domain with those very reliable direct registrar and make sure you own the domain.

Once you have total control over your domain, you can easily switch host in future when your needs and requirements change.

So most important: Make sure you own the domain!!

hello bros/sis,

can i ask if any one use this website before, hostgator.com

i kena arrow do company website...so thinking of getting domain + server with them. will have news, pictures, about, contact and company blog.

will these features be able to 'tahan' the pages above?

they seem like good, good specs, etc (most i dont understand one! ahha) and read alot of good reviews outside.

then theres this coupon where u pay 1st month only 1cent! is this too good to be true or is it scam?

any of you experience in this field, do share your tips and etc.

The company I work for uses Lightspeed. I know that the hosting is done by them, however the domain name is held by us although they helped us register it.

Why don't you get good reviews from the rest of us here, then give the various companies a call to ask for a quote? Think that would be the easiest.

↡ Advertisement