Cost of timing Belt change for Grandis

Helloworld88

Any Bros here know how much to get the timing belt/water pump change (non AD workshop) ? What is the market rate ? I have been quoted from $800 to 1600 ?

↡ Advertisement

Any Bros here know how much to get the timing belt/water pump change (non AD workshop) ? What is the market rate ? I have been quoted from $800 to 1600 ?

i heard from CnC its 1200 plus labour.

Timming belt got 2pcs for Grandis. 1 belongs to oil pump.

1 Belt Cost from stockist $48

Oil Pump $280

Labour u judge yourself

Damn expensive man but its a big car, next time buy a car with timing chain, no need to change.

My fren sold his grandis car 2s years ago, high Fuel consumption, high maintenance and . . .

Like to help by asking U to sell this car fast. Trade-in is best option, U sell to 2nd hand dealer, kenna squeeze left/right & centre.

Wonder why suddenly my thread become alive again after 2 years..:)

Anyway the bill settled at 1k inclusive of labour (2 years ago).

Thanks for the update, thread revival is quite common.

Can anyone enlighten me if 2005 Altis is timing belt or timing chain. If I not wrong is chain right? I asking cos got workshop say my altis must change timing belt...?

My fren sold his grandis car 2s years ago, high Fuel consumption, high maintenance and . . .

Like to help by asking U to sell this car fast. Trade-in is best option, U sell to 2nd hand dealer, kenna squeeze left/right & centre.

Very high maintenance for Grandis. I have a friend driving one - 5 years with 200K mileage. So far spent around 10K for wear and

tear only but his car damn quiet even with the high mileage.

Very high maintenance for Grandis. I have a friend driving one - 5 years with 200K mileage. So far spent around 10K for wear and

tear only but his car damn quiet even with the high mileage.

Belt driven will always be quieter and less vibration. But belt change is expensive job!

Can anyone enlighten me if 2005 Altis is timing belt or timing chain. If I not wrong is chain right? I asking cos got workshop say my altis must change timing belt...?

Fan belt is it? easy job and cheap.

Belt driven will always be quieter and less vibration. But belt change is expensive job!

For normal hatch & sedan car, usually how much is the price range to change timing belt? [:/]

Prepare $1-1.5K. Normally, people will also replace water pump, pulley, alt belt, tensioners. It's labour cost and down time that kills. Parts are relatively cheap.

That's why you'll see a lot of people change car after 3 years - they rather pay new installments for new cars rather than spend on regular maintenance, especially major servicing.

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement