WIRELESS ISSUES

Gizmo

ask u, can u see the rest of ur network ? or is it u just cant surf the www ?

Yes,can see other SSID

Mice: i mean can u see ur files in youe network ? Can u surf the web ? Seeing the SSID does mean anything here

if u can see the SSID and but not access, try these:

first, wat is ur security protocol ? WEP WPA, etc etc... make sure u use the correct one as ur router. then make sure ur key is exactly the same, same in as the number of bit, and pwd. CONNECT ?

WPA....i tried open (no passw) also cannot

mice: Is it possible to do WPA w/o pwd ? I always tot that can only do w/o encryption, then wo pwd, else any other form will hv pwd or key one.

second, did u enable MAC filtering in ur router ? allow access to ur netbook. CONNECT ?

Yes mac filtering is on the allow list.

mice: can u disable this. anyway, if you have enabled this option, i would assume you are quite competent in IT.

third, for just a short span of time. disable your firewall in your modem/wireless router, and also the firewall in ur netbook. then try to connect, if it works, then its the firewall rule setting.

How to off router firewall? it came by default.

mice: its inside one of the tabs inside the router admin page. likewise also found on one of the pages / tabs for youe sw firewall that came with ur netbook.

↡ Advertisement

Go check your router's DHCP setting.

Is it enabled?

Number of connections allowed?

If everything ok, check your Windows connection IP settings.

Use "Obtain IP Address automatically" and see if it helps.

Otherwise, just switch off any other wireless devices within your network and try again.

Tried many times cannot leh. Both router and netbook support b/g.There's a switch to on/off the netbook modem,,during trying to com the modem is always ON. Tried disable WAP w/o using key(OPEN) cannot.

Dont think my router condemn cos manage to com with my phone and ipod touch wirelessly. I'm pretty sure DHCP setting is ok ...

Allocated: 10

Available: 180

Just can't get it to com wirelessly

If you are running on XP, u need a patch file from microsoft. I dun have it with me now. Can PM me yr email address, I will email you once i am in offcie on Monday.

When I first got my AspireOne there was a bug with the wireless, my symptom is different though - the wireless would not connect or very slow after coming out of hibernation. The fix was to turn off the Power Save Mode - right click the wireless icon select "open network connections". Right click the "wireless network connection" and select properties. Click "configure" and click the advance tab.

AspireOne forum, more tips here -

AspireOne Forum

Edited by Count_dukulangsat

Sorry did not update my thread.

Finally got my wireless working ,manage to configure it myself.

Thanks for everything

↡ Advertisement