GVGT: Near head collision with dumb driver

Galileo

Neutral Newbie

Another personal captured video for share!

This incident happened this evening at the slip road exit from CTE to Ang Mo Kio Ave 1. A MPV was trying to overtake the slow turning vehicles infront when the traffic light has turned red, almost collide with me.

↡ Advertisement

Alas! Try to take glimpse of the car plate when it was closest..

but your wiper in the way <_<

[thumbsup] reflex bro.

would have held the horn, if it was me.. [furious]

U may send the video to TP. At most, they will ask if u are willing to testify. I did that once and captured a taxi doing his antics on the emergency lane :)

Another personal captured video for share!

This incident happened this evening at the slip road exit from CTE to Ang Mo Kio Ave 1. A MPV was trying to overtake the slow turning vehicles infront when the traffic light has turned red, almost collide with me.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Alas! Try to take glimpse of the car plate when it was closest..

but your wiper in the way <_<

[thumbsup] reflex bro.

would have held the horn, if it was me.. [furious]

My first instinct was to horn follow by to dodge the oncoming vehicle, too shock and also no time to hold the horn to blast that bugger. Too bad my cam didnt capture the car no. plate or else I will send the video to TP.

Edited by Galileo

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

U may send the video to TP. At most, they will ask if u are willing to testify. I did that once and captured a taxi doing his antics on the emergency lane :)

I will do that if can capture the car no. plate, too bad it didn't. I think it is because of the low lighting as it was below the flyover.

Edited by Galileo

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

bro can pm me how much you install the camera and where

No problem! I will share out my in-car cam system and hope to see more GVGT post in MCF in future. Mine is the PV500 model. The setup dun come cheap and you can find out the price from there. They do send direct to Singapore but you need to email them for special arrangement and pay via PayPal.

dv500.jpg

http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/dv500.htm

post-28087-1239461359_thumb.jpg

Edited by Galileo

What you captured in your video is almost a daily occurance. LTA should consider having just two turning lanes instead of three at this newly re-constructed road.

Edited by Carcraze

IMO, if both cars can keep to their lanes, nothing will happen. Apparently the idiot driver wanted to overtook at the wrong time, wrong lane.

What you captured in your video is almost a daily occurance. LTA should consider having just two turning lanes instead of three at this newly re-constructed road.

Nothing wrong with the turning lanes. Its just idiots that do not know how to follow road markings, don't know when its safe to overtake, etc

Edited by Elfenstar

bro just wondering, whats your sd card size and do u record everytime on the move?

how do you do archiving etc?

Neutral Newbie

This kind of driving is NOT Dangerous Driving - this is associated with the Selfish Nature of a large percentage of Singaporean motorists, and general public at large. Some may argue that I am generalizing, but if you observe as you drive daily, the following are Selfish and Impatient habits of motorists here:

>> Overtaking without due care

>> Not signalling one's intentions; be it overtaking, switching lanes, turning, stopping, or stoping to reverse into a lot

>> stops vehicle by roadside without hazard singnals ON, or, stopping on a narrow One Way road

>> Parking/Waiting in HDB estate driveways in ways that inconvenience others

>> Signals to merge with another lane, but fails to keep a proper look out for traffic in the lane he/she is switching into

>> Signals intention to join another lane & applying brakes without checking rear view mirror (kena this one yesterday in the rain - bloody lady driver with her attention permannetly FIXED to the end of her car's bonnet! - KJE)

I have in-car vid cams and CCTV surveillance when parked, but if you want to submit every little incident to the TP, I think almost every other day you will have a video footage to submit. Unless the incident is a serious one, involving actual collision, or casualty of another road user or pedestrian/s, it would be subtantial evidence for trial purpose. Otherwise, I think the Police and TP are prety damn shorthanded right now.

The only way left at present, is the RE-EDUCATION of Singapore's society in general, to be aware of their GROSS lack of GRACIOUSNESS and to cultivate at least some basic sense of GRACE and practice it. Otherwise, please FORGET the title of First World Country.

To do this, it will have to start from nursery schools, and the parents of today. [mad]

↡ Advertisement