Hit n Run, Got Carplate No, how to find out contact details

Schumi168

Neutral Newbie

Hi Folks,

How do we find out the contact details of the hit-n-run driver if got carplate number?

Best regards

Edited by Schumi168
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

report police no use at all...

i had told people here my exp... police will just post a letter to the owner, and owner will just say NO, then u got no case...

even i got video of that car bang and tun a way... police don't want to see at all... call me to get my lawyer to claim... at the end i pay for the repair on my own...

so have u wonder why we are paying tax...for this civil...servant for ?

in the end ask us to get a lawyer? and high pay for these minister...!

Neutral Newbie

Hi Folks,

How do we find out the contact details of the hit-n-run driver if got carplate number?

Best regards

best bet if you have the video of the actual action itself.

like what most have contributed, the boys in blue or white are of little to no use at all. much has to be done to this area of law and i guess the people really have the power to do that especially in this 2 years if you know what i mean.

the next best thing is to talk to your insurance company and get legal aid via them to claim the other party's insurance. this will also load the fella in his/her next round of insurance payment. if you do not have the video footage, then you must react even faster as the other party might have gone ahead to repair the damage and thus effectively remove any trace/s of evidence linking to your car/incident.

got car plate

go idac within 24hrs

then take photos.

then go to ur insurance. with watever evidence u got.

and draw out the pattern how the thing happen.

let the insurance handle.

they will go and find the driver and sue him.

meanwhile go to ur insurance workshop to replace. no money needed.

if successful. the workshop will get their repair fee back. while u get

daily replacement veh or each day abt 50 bucks for transport.

if no case, then ur perimer shot up .. no daily cab fee.

the excess, depends.

but if u got solid win win case. no issue. if no have.

its better to do self repair. due to ur perimer increase , not worth

hit-n-run case need to report to police. whether they do anything about it is a separate issue.

happened to me 2mths ago, the duty personnel at the NPP told me can do online somemore.

Neutral Newbie

""let the insurance handle.

they will go and find the driver and sue him.""??????

HAHAAHA

i think u donno singapore insurance at all!!!!

first they will let you make the report... then 1-2 week later they will call you, say other party never report...

then they will tell u since other party never report u cannot claim at all!!!! please report to police... then case close...

they will tell u if you want claim you own, if not pay for the repair, if u have done it...

got car plate

go idac within 24hrs

then take photos.

then go to ur insurance. with watever evidence u got.

and draw out the pattern how the thing happen.

let the insurance handle.

they will go and find the driver and sue him.

meanwhile go to ur insurance workshop to replace. no money needed.

if successful. the workshop will get their repair fee back. while u get

daily replacement veh or each day abt 50 bucks for transport.

if no case, then ur perimer shot up .. no daily cab fee.

the excess, depends.

but if u got solid win win case. no issue. if no have.

its better to do self repair. due to ur perimer increase , not worth

Do you have a video? A witness?

If all you have is the number plate, then it isn't very convincing evidence as anyone can just get a random number plate to frame someone.

Last thursday morning got an idiot Jbee motorcycle hit my left bumber @ Thompson Road......and drove off.

Only saw its JECxxxx, didnt get the number plate but he did turn his back to reveal his face. Crack my bumper with penty of paint crip off. [furious][furious][furious]

Now everyday the same route/timing, im scanning for this farking vehicle. Paying for the repairs too easy liao. Im going to get him + vehicle + his pillon rider ban from coming into spore for 6 mths!!!!!!!!!! [knife]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Turbocharged

Last thursday morning got an idiot Jbee motorcycle hit my left bumber @ Thompson Road......and drove off.

Only saw its JECxxxx, didnt get the number plate but he did turn his back to reveal his face. Crack my bumper with penty of paint crip off. [furious][furious][furious]

Now everyday the same route/timing, im scanning for this farking vehicle. Paying for the repairs too easy liao. Im going to get him + vehicle + his pillon rider ban from coming into spore for 6 mths!!!!!!!!!! [knife]

LOL..i think i know how you can get him banned.. [laugh]

Hi Folks,

Best regards

IIRC, you need to make a police report first, then bring a copy of the report to LTA (Sin Ming) and your NRIC, fill up a form and pay $5 (+GST) to extract the particulars of the owner.

Used to be that years ago you need not even make a police report, just pay the $5 can already. But too many people abused the system to get the owners' particulars for reasons other than accident. So they added the requirement of a police report. Of course, if you want to do something to the owner other than to pursue legal means to settle an accident case, there is now a paper trail that you obtained his/her particulars from LTA.