Accident involving 70year old man and the pillion rider

Albeniz

Turbocharged

I was watching the Channel U news a moment ago.

The editor of Sin Ming paper who caused the death of a 24 year old maid and injured a 70 year old rider was previously sentenced to 18 months' jail when the first sentence was passed.

She appealed and managed to reduce the 18 months' jail to 1 day.

Why the initial sentence can be changed so drastically?

↡ Advertisement

The editor of Sin Ming paper who caused the death of a 24 year old maid and injured a 70 year old rider was previously sentenced to 18 months' jail when the first sentence was passed.

Corrupted. If the 70 year old with the maid caused the death of the editor, and they appeal on the 18 mths jail, the result will be 18 years. Law has its price too, how much you are willing to pay and WHO you are.

Is she the one who's caught talking on mobile while driving, rushing to spa treatment?

It's damn disappointing to see someone who commit such act can be let go so easily.....

She got some sort of backing?

Turbocharged

Is she the one who's caught talking on mobile while driving, rushing to spa treatment?

It's damn disappointing to see someone who commit such act can be let go so easily.....

She got some sort of backing?

i hate to think that way but...but... that "E" word just appear when i heard it over the news... [shakehead] .....

Turbocharged

I read it here and in the news:

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNew...ory_364979.html

It's worse than u think... The jail sentence reduction was apparently accompanied with total $12k fine. Okay, then later turned out that some "sentencing error" (this is quoted from the news article) had occurred - one of the charges apparently does not allow for a fine, i.e. only jail sentence prescribed. So they had to strike off a $10k fine, and she got lucky - now the court feels it unfair to re-increase the jail sentence because it was one of those ... "honest mistake (?)" - for lack of a better term.

So there u have it... REDUCED fines to $2k, but sentence remained at 1 day :wacko:

Her lawyer claims the $10k will be donated to a charity, anyway.

Edited by Sosaria

Turbocharged

It's worse than u think... The jail sentence reduction was apparently accompanied with total $12k fine. Okay, then later turned out that some "sentencing error" (this is quoted from the news article) had occurred - one of the charges apparently does not allow for a fine, i.e. only jail sentence prescribed. So they had to strike off a $10k fine, and she got lucky - now the court feels it unfair to re-increase the jail sentence because it was one of those ... "honest mistake (?)" - for lack of a better term.

So there u have it... REDUCED fines to $2k, but sentence remained at 1 day :wacko:

and the joke of the day is that "who" who decided to correct the "wrong" actually doesn't know one of the charge doesn't allow what kind of sentence, gosh.... what level of creditability that who has in the first place or does he know what case is that in the first place??......

umm..... it's like for maid abuse case, then the final verdict is capital punishment but later being told by the lawyer that for a maid abuse case, no such thing as capital sentence..... only jail term and fine ...... [laugh]

Supercharged

WAYANG show... goes to show once AGAIN.. the RICH ELITES RULES....

I pity the family of the deceased,

SO LETS ALL BREAAK THE LAW...

so in spore , got $$$...can....liao....

so u trust the law..?

u trust our gov..?

u trust democratic system ?

trading organ was illegal....

but someone rich had made the law..to make it legal......

Edited by Lv3338

Proven again that Sg law protect the ang mohs, the rich, and the elites. Woe betides you and me who serves as a commoner in this land.

donate to what kind of charity? Ren Ci ?

Yah... i think the 1 day sentence is ridiculously light. This type of accident can definately be avoided. [thumbsdown]

Next time if wanna kill someone, drive a car, run over him and kill him, dun ever use a knife, poison etc to commit murder coz that one is life sentence, drive a car and kill the person only 1 day prison and license kantong, very gd deal.

Sad to say, most of the drivers seem dont know that they reckless driving behaviour can kill someone.

You probably 1 mins faster to reach your destination, someone might not able to reach home..... [bigcry]

It is unfair...no wonder those opp.party wear T-shirt with a ROO.... [lipsrsealed] ....and A first timer DUI can be charged in court for 3K and banned for 2 years driving.....just heard of it this month at the court.

↡ Advertisement