Engine suddenly dies!!

Ryanyusoff

I would gladly appreciate if there are any Swift technical experts could help me in this.My ride is Swift '07 1.3MT.

Scenario: Was travelling home as per normal at SLE.approaching Mandai exit,slowed down and dropped gear from 5 to 4.While the clutch is still depressed and slight braking and maneuvering the corner,out of sudden,the engine totally dies off! No power,no lights,no aircon and even worse,power steering is also lost! For a full 3 seconds,i was not in control of the car.

Then out of a sudden,everything went back on and the engine restarted by itself!I thank God that my family is safe and nothing happened while i'm taking the corner.

The question is,what causes it to happen?Battery is fine(less than 6 mths old),no professional ICE(juz radio HU),normal Pivot (blue) VS with grounding.No hardcore modifications done,only got SIMOTA carbon air filter.

Can any bros here help me on this?I heard from a friend that there are Swift owners who experienced the same problem with me.What is the exact problem?I think i need to rectify it ASAP coz i always go up north and don't want anything serious to happen(touch wood!)

Many thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement

Bro, Hv u tried posting to swiftclubsg.com aka scs?

I'm very sure you can get your reply almost instantly since that forum is for Swift.

Neutral Newbie

Halo. me also driving zc11s 1.3 mt jdm model. Engine cut off Happened on 1 time at the traffic junction.

the key icon on the dashboard flashing, i suposed that the ecu cannot detect the key fob transponder at that model immobilizer kicked in.

Suggest you change you key fob transponder battery. [drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

had the same problem too last year. but only once. was driving from nee soon camp back to yishun. engine suddenly just cuts off while my car is travelling around 80km/h at sembawang road. damn scary. cut off for 1 - 2 sec and suddenly everything comes back. not sure what happened. but till now only once. driving a swift'05 1.5A here.

wat i believe,is that..as i clutched in during the hard cornering,the engine power loss due to clutch fully engaged makes it die off.and as logically as it sounds,as soon i release the clutch,it 'bites' back and turns back on the engine..

but this is just my 2 cents..i might be wrong though. [gossip]

from my understanding, such things wont happen even if u were to clutch in while the car in motion. if it does, then the engine would haf died everytime we change gears.

get it check out at the workshop.

thanks again for the advice..brought it workshop and the mechanic has troubleshoot everything.but no problems found though.but luckily it's just a one-off thing.it nvr happened again. [grin]

↡ Advertisement