Jail term from 1.5 yrs to 1 day jail for dangerours driving!

Christan

That why singapore is FINE country...

anything do wrong...subject to fine...

I got my speeding summon last year, got demrit 6 point, and fine $150,

At least I learnt my lesson....and after that I am very obedient on the road alraedy...

I knew drink driving is no good, I get my non drinking friend drive me back...whenever I got drank.

↡ Advertisement

yes the judge should explain to the public why the accuse get away so easily???

It is a matter of 0ne die and one injure.

Since the accuse said that she was careless at that moment of time, she has to get serious

punishment for causing such a serious and deadly mistake??

what happen to the law in singapore?????So sad for the so call system ?

is it really true that rich people get away easy whereas poor people face the music.

I only hear this only happen in other country, singapore also like that ??

People who drive carelesssly should go to hell as they have no right to take away

other people precious life...these people have their dearly family and beloved....

I shout out loud::::::::::::::::::::::why ?Why? this is not justice at all ???

[furious][furious][furious]

are HWZ and sgforums discussing this?

we need to spread this to all the major sg forums.

Neutral Newbie

Ladies & gentlemen, this is Singapore's law;

unique for our climate & political composition.

For those who asked where is the Law/Justice;

Law and Justice is there, but just isn't so much for us.

Neutral Newbie

Ok guy this is telling us if you want to kill some one you don't like (boss, wife, girlfriend, enemy etc.) do not use knife or another other things just use a car and bang them and say I did not keep a proper look out than you only go to jail for 1 day and fine $1000 as they treat this as a road accident better than you are charge murder and the sentence is hang. So do your sum which is better? [drivingcar][idea]

Edited by Chilla18

that why singapore law orders are complicated...

Some do make sense...so don't..........

They should consider the changes...

A live being taken away...what is the punishment??? Must be harsh so that the people will wake up and drive with cautious

A live is being injure....what is the punishment??Must be able have deep immpression on the singapore driver....

You see, Hit and run get 6 weeks...

Cause someone die because never see properly....get 1 day jail...

Excuse me....do you think is it make sense??? [furious][furious]

i think the motorist can sue her and seek compensation right in civil lawsuit ?

my impression that the traffic law are encompassing. i.e. it a general punishment for all offenders.So even if you dont kill someone, and you beat the traffic light, you are punishable with fine and jail terms. It does not become heavier according to the "damage" caused. So it a matter of guilty or not guility, repeated or not repeated.

for example the rojak man, the law can only give the max punishment for improper handling of food. They cannot hang him or ask him to pay for the damage/grief he has caused. Its up to the "victim" to take him to court under civil suit".

Edited by Jrage

Neutral Newbie

Can the driver sleeps well at night by getting away with this?? She should feel guilty for killing a life! how will the victim's parents feel now after the verdict? She should be banned forever from driving. Since she is so rich, get a chauffeur la else there might be another innocent and she gets away with it again.

The world is realistic. Money makes the world goes round... [thumbsdown]

Neutral Newbie

Whats new ??

Years back a road bully who was the owner of a taxi company escaped with only $1000 fine.. <_<

Neutral Newbie

Civil suit cost a lot of $. The victim is a retired man and the accused is a rich lady... if the law case drag on... who will finally give up and who will win...

And the whole LAW fraternity is silent on this? [lipsrsealed][hur][hur]

There was a case very long time ago. The Bar spoke up and youknowwho voice out to rebuke the Bar. you know what happened after that then...

Not because they don't want but LPPL

↡ Advertisement