Fast and Furious kena Jam Brake!

Parkingidiot

MIB put the brakes on some fast and furious riceboys ....

IllegalRacers-LZ.jpg

A POLICE crackdown on speed racers along Orchard Road over the weekend ended with 33 summonses being issued.

Of the 33 traffic infringements issued, 21 were for the illegal modification of vehicles and 12 were for speeding and other offences.

It is believed that illegal racers often head to what they call 'Orchard Gudang', a local take on Johor Baru's famous racing circuit Pasir Gudang. But police ambushed some of them in two six-hour stakeouts from 11pm last Friday and Saturday.

full story: ST: Illegal Racers Ambushed - 2009 Apr 21

↡ Advertisement

good!!!

more operations please!!!

the police may not be able to proof they're racing...so i think speeding the next best charge

Edited by Rncw

Supercharged

"Starting from Orchard Road, they speed down to Marina Square. There they make a right turn towards the Esplanade before making another right and heading at breakneck pace down Stamford Road and through the Fort Canning Tunnel, before heading to Orchard Boulevard, back to the point where they started."

I don't understand how they can race the above circuit with so many traffic lights along the way. Don't tell me ignore traffic light huh?

Also, why choose Orchard road where it is so obvious? Why not some ulu place in Lim Chu Kang or something?

Supercharged

send them to jail

No need la. I say strip their cars all the modifications until their car is back to stock. Then make them pay for removing all the modifications on their car using inflated workshop claims. Then crush all their modification parts with a bulldozer in front of them.

They will feel more painful this way then go jail.

The newspaper articles are pretty much full of mistakes. The editors should check out their facts first before publishing an article.

1. Drivers can drop out at any point along the 'circuit', estimated to be slightly longer than Pasir Gudang's 3.8km.

Fact: It is MUCH longer than 3.8km.

2. OG started ard 2-3 years ago, died and has resurfaced.

Fact: OG has a history of almost 10 years, and has quietened down but never died.

3. Cars running in OG are often accompanied by sexy babes, and some of them even "flag off" races.

This is stupid and ridiculous, in years of OG flag offs have never happened. Most drivers are accompanied by wives and gfs.

There are many other untrue facts in Chinese newspapers as well, but off the top of my head i cant remember atm.

Neutral Newbie

Illegal Mods, Street Racing, Speeding and Dangerous or Reckless Driving.

One solution to rule them all:

REVOKE THEIR LICENSE.

Supercharged

The newspaper articles are pretty much full of mistakes. The editors should check out their facts first before publishing an article.

1. Drivers can drop out at any point along the 'circuit', estimated to be slightly longer than Pasir Gudang's 3.8km.

Fact: It is MUCH longer than 3.8km.

2. OG started ard 2-3 years ago, died and has resurfaced.

Fact: OG has a history of almost 10 years, and has quietened down but never died.

3. Cars running in OG are often accompanied by sexy babes, and some of them even "flag off" races.

This is stupid and ridiculous, in years of OG flag offs have never happened. Most drivers are accompanied by wives and gfs.

There are many other untrue facts in Chinese newspapers as well, but off the top of my head i cant remember atm.

Wah bro...you register yourself just to tell us this...not bad.

yeah..I believe OG is far longer than 2-3 years. At least more than 8 years if I remember correctly

I have scant respect for newspapers, especially local ones.

I believe that if you want to sensationalize news, make it a point to state that you have heard it from somewhere.

Saying "OG started 2-3 years ago" and "Our checkes showed that OG may have started 2-3 years ago" gives very different meanings.

OG started way way earlier, was the deliberate misinterpretation of facts meant to protect the reputation of the TP, and stop people from questioning why the TP didn't take action against the OG racers and let it go on for almost 10 years?

Neutral Newbie

Jail ... waste taxpayer's $.

Community service... 500hrs.... would be appropriate. Go clean up all hawker centers.

Jail ... waste taxpayer's $.

Community service... 500hrs.... would be appropriate. Go clean up all hawker centers.

Just ban from driving all classes for 20 years... by the time can drive again - old men already... maybe by then cars don't have steering wheels or need drivers any more, full robotic drivers.... can't even race if want to .... [rolleyes]

Supercharged

Just ban from driving all classes for 20 years... by the time can drive again - old men already... maybe by then cars don't have steering wheels or need drivers any more, full robotic drivers.... can't even race if want to .... [rolleyes]

Maybe that time is about modifying the automatic robot and see which robot can drive faster?

These guys shouldn't be racing in Orchard Rd and endangering people's lives. Pity Singapore doesn't have enough space. Otherwise a proper race track like Pasir Gudang would be ideal.

good!!!

more operations please!!!

the police may not be able to proof they're racing...so i think speeding the next best charge

charging them for illegal racing means their rice cars will kenna confiscated. the best punishment for any ricer out there.

↡ Advertisement