Retrenchment payment and rights

Peqasus

Hi guys,

need to check with you. My last day with my ex company was 31st Mar. Up til now no payment has been received. Checked up on MOM but they only cover employee <$2500 mthly pay.

Can legal gurus here can advise how I can go ard pursuing my $$$? As of now my Mar salary,outstanding claims, leave wages have not been paid.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

When is your last pay date? should be the same cycle mah.. ask to leave or retrench different..

i know they must pay you 1mth at least...

correct.. MOM employment act COVERED and HELP workman with pay lower than 2500.

But it is also case to case... it depend on employee education and level of duty.

For every employee( >2500) in Singapore will be COVERED under employment act but only certain act applied. See the different, one is HELP and COVERED and one is only COVERED. Meaning that employment act still covered you, but MOM will not take action on your behalf. Therefore you have to take your own action... like going to visit a law firm and tell them your problem, they will justify if it is worth to fight or not.

For you info, under employment act, employer is not allow to owe employee salary more than 7 days.

Just my 2 cent worth...

hey thx for the advice bros. taking the "frenly" approach but seeing how the company otang a viet colleague for >3 mths, i jus wanted to prepare myself.

haiz gal scared marry wrong hubby, hubby scared go up wrong lorry.

if TS resign, then company should based on the usual pay cycle to bank in the necessary payment

if TS retrenched, then it is up to the company whether they give out ret package or not....if i m not wrong, it is not a must or by law that the company will pay retrenched staff

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

need to check with you. My last day with my ex company was 31st Mar. Up til now no payment has been received. Checked up on MOM but they only cover employee <$2500 mthly pay.

Can legal gurus here can advise how I can go ard pursuing my $$$? As of now my Mar salary,outstanding claims, leave wages have not been paid.

Wages should be paid with 7 days.

Were you retrenched or resigned? If retrenched, did you get any pay-in-lieu of notice? Any retrenchment benefits?

Of course, if you resigned, then you won't get any retrenchment benefits. If you resigned, did you give the required notice period (normally 1 month)?

You are correct, sinagporean is not protected under retrenchment scheme. You will not be paid one month per one year of service that kind of sort. [thumbsdown]

Yup got the retrenchment package in writing. It's a European SME. then again checked with ex colleagues who are in the org, they also hvnt got pay.

tat aside, wanted to find out the channels employees (>$2.5K per mth) can protect themselves should companies wanna play punk.

Neutral Newbie

yup

i have friends who are ask by end of month without compensation.

As long as they pay u 1 mth can already.. No such things like work 20yrs compensate u 20 weeks..

Retrenchment package should state black & white.. alot of people work in the bank were ask to leave on the spot.. so scary..

[shakehead]

↡ Advertisement