Toyota Voxy/Noah/Esquire

Kungfu

My story, yes it had brought me concerns when I was shopping for Esquire. Wanted to get from one of the case trust accredited pis.

However nome of them had what I wanted in terms of specifications back then.

When u said the accredited can be bought, I think what the dealer meant was that to be a member, need to pay annual membership fees. What's more importantly for consumers is that in order for them to remain as member, they need to adhere to certain code of conduct set forth by case, of which professional handling and representation of goods they are selling is one of the criteria. Amongst the many criteria one of the most useful to consumers is the need to use the sale agreement form prescribed by case, which was drafted by lawywers and industry experts making it fair to both the dealer and consumers protecting both interests. So u will not see fine prints making unfair terms such as if by x bids cannot get coe the buyer will need to top up any amount required to get open cat and etc.

Having said that, I have encountered case trust accredited pis that are not trusty and knowledge about its own products. Please note that case website stated that the se are properly trained to give professional advice on the products.....

One of the PIs stated xx in sgcarmart. Go down actual price is xx plus yy. And the yy is not insignificant. When I tried calling them to get price, they said must go down to their showroom then will release actual price. The se even told me esquire only comes in 7 seaters config as too small for 3 seats in second row... only alphard big enough for that purpose. Hello I was driving a puny wish and has 3 seats in middle row. There are other misrepresentations too

Problem with PIs SE, a lot of them dun bother to go and do some homework to find out the different features of the cars they selling, ever encounter, I ask him one question he turn to his manager to ask the same question for answer

Asked him another question, he do the same thing :(

But got meet one at Turf Club, he bother to print out the different specs and also have a list stating the diff spec with diff model for comparison, this kind of SE is what we one.

↡ Advertisement

By the way, just saw a biante. Was admiring it's beauty and realised 2 additional factors that I thought I did not compared before.

The third row window seems to be smaller that triplet. That is to say visibility is cut down. I think maybe only two thirds of triplet visibility?

The middle row there is this handle that u can grab to enable more stable boarding and alighting. Biante is smaller and shorter.

Somehow biante looks smaller visually

My story, yes it had brought me concerns when I was shopping for Esquire. Wanted to get from one of the case trust accredited pis.

However nome of them had what I wanted in terms of specifications back then.

When u said the accredited can be bought, I think what the dealer meant was that to be a member, need to pay annual membership fees. What's more importantly for consumers is that in order for them to remain as member, they need to adhere to certain code of conduct set forth by case, of which professional handling and representation of goods they are selling is one of the criteria. Amongst the many criteria one of the most useful to consumers is the need to use the sale agreement form prescribed by case, which was drafted by lawywers and industry experts making it fair to both the dealer and consumers protecting both interests. So u will not see fine prints making unfair terms such as if by x bids cannot get coe the buyer will need to top up any amount required to get open cat and etc.

Having said that, I have encountered case trust accredited pis that are not trusty and knowledge about its own products. Please note that case website stated that the se are properly trained to give professional advice on the products.....

One of the PIs stated xx in sgcarmart. Go down actual price is xx plus yy. And the yy is not insignificant. When I tried calling them to get price, they said must go down to their showroom then will release actual price. The se even told me esquire only comes in 7 seaters config as too small for 3 seats in second row... only alphard big enough for that purpose. Hello I was driving a puny wish and has 3 seats in middle row. There are other misrepresentations too

Actually not only for PIs, even ADs got SEs that are not v good. Had come across so many clueless SEs. When I asked questions, immediately know they are trying to smoke out. But since I've been scouting around and am not really seriously commiting yet, just didn't want to bit-char their lobangs...

Actually, before I confirmed on Esquire, I will considering Odyssey 20th anniversary edition and the 2015 Estima. Initially, my heart goes to the Odyssey 20th anniversary edition, but the last row is a bench and cannot do 50/50 and the boot space is to stow the seat when not required and thus you cannot put things there. As for Estima, space is good, only thing is that the engine is about the same age as my current Toyota Wish. Engine still using 2 generation backward technology and the interior looks dated.

Like what some bros mentioned here, this is probably the best value MPV you can find in the market today.

I was told by one PI (whom i got my wish from), that new gen estima is due end of 16. but my wish expiring in Jan, so i'm thinking of whether to get an old car to tide over and wait for new estima (if it really is coming end 16).

Ody is not a good choice becos like Biante, it has a bench in 3rd row. Either 3 seats or no seat...

Twincharged

has it bordered any bro here that a PI is not CaseTrust? I asked HupLong why they don;t have CaseTrust and they explained that CaseTrust doesn't mean anything and can be bought. While I am quite convinced by their FB postings of each car delivery, I thought CaseTrust should be an important indicator. No?

There is something I like about HupLong. They are transparent about their COE. In every package, they indicate the COE level that they will bid, say $60K, and their rebate is also at the same level, ie, $60K. We can adjust this level up or down. Is like bidding on our own.

Since when has CASE or anything with its name amounted to anything.

Since when has CASE or anything with its name amounted to anything.

No case accredited maybe can't do anything other than verbal warning by case.

For case accredited, the dealers are to put a sum of money as deposit to case. If there is any dispute and the judge award the winning party to clients,and if dealer refuse to compensate, case can use the deposit to make good to clients. If I'm not wrong this is stated in case website

Anyone installed solar film on the 2nd row window?

I have question to ask and discuss

Hey MPV....is it me you are looking for? lol... [;)]

i installed solar on second row or middle seat

i think i know your question....did i install on the black rubberized portion that came from factory on the glass.

answer is No, i remember when installing that time had some friends check out out Japanese guys experience & most said thise who installed on the middle window regretted covering it all as the stickiness was bit problematic on the black dots

since day 1, i did not install so far no prob but cannot comment if there would have been a problem....

i think i know your question....did i install on the black rubberized portion that came from factory on the glass.

answer is No, i remember when installing that time had some friends check out out Japanese guys experience & most said thise who installed on the middle window regretted covering it all as the stickiness was bit problematic on the black dots

since day 1, i did not install so far no prob but cannot comment if there would have been a problem....

Haha u can read my mind. Thanks I no need type the context. U typed for me.

Not sure if that are rubberised though. I refer them as black dots.

I hand itchy go press press that area. Then got patches of uneven light and darker tones. Stupid me. All brothers here please refrain from pressing!!

Went to 3m seek help. They examine and tried to push the air out. No go. If it was smaller area can still push. But our area too big

2 options provided. Do not paste at that area. Meaning to say that the heat will come in from that big area. I.e. to say lots heat since big area.

Second option is do not itchy hand go press. Haha

Waste my money go redo. Stupid itchy hand

Neutral Newbie

Bro,

Can take a picture of this area ?

Z our window is with dots. If need to replace have to order from Japan? I think the local glass factories offers only plain glass.

In fact the front windscreen also has dot. Third row has demister lines. Boot window also. Seems like only front window can use local

Order from Japan will take a few days? Or weeks considering the size so might take ship rather than plane. Or 2 months?

How to drive with a smashed window? Diy tape up? Else road dirt and cannot use aircon

Edited by mpv_lover

Neutral Newbie

Just curious on the spare tire for the triplet. Think some triplet models come with spare tire. Where is the spare tire stored? Can take photo show?

Z our window is with dots. If need to replace have to order from Japan? I think the local glass factories offers only plain glass.

In fact the front windscreen also has dot. Third row has demister lines. Boot window also. Seems like only front window can use local

Order from Japan will take a few days? Or weeks considering the size so might take ship rather than plane. Or 2 months?

How to drive with a smashed window? Diy tape up? Else road dirt and cannot use aircon

The front windows are also special UV cut glass. So basically don't ever smash your windows if not jialat la. Can I just ask what's the purpose of the dots?

A noob question:

I notice many bro get free floor mat as part of the package from PI.

Why hah?

I thot triplets will come with floor mats?

Keep the free floor mats as extra?

For the free floor mat, is it custom-made to fit the car?

Or the 3M mats?

One more question: how many set of keys comes with the car?

Sorry for the silly questions: no experience with buying with PI

Edited by Xiaoming17

Just curious on the spare tire for the triplet. Think some triplet models come with spare tire. Where is the spare tire stored? Can take photo show?

I think in page 10plus of this thread I posted pic of boot with spare tyre. We also discussed abt the pro and con. I lazy to reiterate. Maybe u just do a post search on my nick easier

The front windows are also special UV cut glass. So basically don't ever smash your windows if not jialat la. Can I just ask what's the purpose of the dots?

The dots are meant to complement and work in tandem with the pull up shade. Cos the shade does not cover the whole width of the window so they used dots for the borders.

I guess they cannot extend the shade as needed the space for sliding door mechanism. The door is quite compact as the car width is same as wish but still wider cabin space. The trick is thinner door panel. The plastic panel.

Haha I lazy to describe. Peta and z if u two powered up can post pic haha

So the Noah has a spare tyre well under the lid at the back. Its not under the car where it gets dirty and you get dirty trying to remove it too. I imagine the same wheel well is also found in the Voxy and Esquire.

An alternative is to get one of those aftermarket tyre sealer and inflator. They work well (not for large punctures/cuts, sidewalls though) and the gunk that they leave behind in the tyre can be easily removed by submerging the tyre in water. Then the damage can be repaired. I always have two cans in my car. Declaration: I work for one of these tyre inflator brand.

I just realized that Odyssey and Estima don't have spare tyre too. As a result, their bot space is deep and wide. So, also contemplating compromising the tyre. In my 15 years of driving, I have encountered twice with nail poking my tyres and got my hand dirty in the morning. The puncture occurred on the way home and lost air slowly overnight. That was 10 years ago. Singapore roads are cleaner now.

I have a Fix-A-Flat can in the car. It is for use when we cannot afford to delay while waiting for AAA or to change ourselves. For example, attending an important meeting or small kids waiting somewhere. So, instead of waiting to change the tyre, just activate it. However, I read that while the sealant can be removed, workshop will find it time-consuming to do it and will advise us to change a new tyre. Can it fix a side puncture?

Neutral Newbie

Anyone have lobang or where to buy accessories for Esquire? Any other accessories available can help share? Car now installing ICE pending COE bidding, hopefully can secure on next bid.

- Window visor (found stick on type but prefer clip on)

- Rear Spoiler

- Car mat (prefer original, can use back the locating clips on the car to secure the mat)

Edited by Reymund77

Great product! Easy and quick to use, no need to remove the foreign object. If you see them on the shelves, buy them, as these are not imported into SG anymore unless they find a new distributor.

No tyre inflator/sealer can help if you have sidewall damage. Indeed a large puncture will render the tyre useless and unsafe too. Get it changed immediately.

It's true the tyreshop will need to spend some time using water to remove the sealant in order to locate and repair a repairable puncture. But it is absolutely not true that the sealant will damage the tyre. Don't be taken in.

Anyone have lobang or where to buy accessories for Esquire? Any other accessories available can help share? Car now installing ICE pending COE bidding, hopefully can secure on next bid.

- Window visor (found stick on type but prefer clip on)

- Rear Spoiler

- Car mat (prefer original, can use back the locating clips on the car to secure the mat)

For Esquire specific stuff:

Amazon.co.jp

Yahoo shopping

Rakuten

For general Noah/Voxy stuff that also be used on the Esquire:

Taobao

Why not join us at FB? See siggy below. There are accessories threads there.

Edited by samfreak

Triplet owners, when sliding doors open at the point it separates, do you feel that each "punch" when it separate could sound different? Is it because sometimes when it opens at a slope, the force requires to separate door is different and therefore the difference in sound.

Edited by Petamore
↡ Advertisement