Toyota Voxy/Noah/Esquire

Kungfu

I've been driving my Noah since Aug 18. 2 road trips up north with no issue. Can't really pickup on demand but adequate enough to cruise at 140+ km/h. No complains so far.

I see. My current Touran can do 220km/h. Might be huge downgrade in power :a-m1524:

↡ Advertisement

I see. My current Touran can do 220km/h. Might be huge downgrade in power :a-m1524:

These 2 are not good for comparisons. Touran power wins hands down.

Noah space wins hands down.

Depends on which do you want/need more/most...

• Praise 4

But why would you want to do 220km/h? Most of the time, we would want to ensure the car swiftly go to cruising speed 90-110km/h.

• Praise 1

I was a Touran owner... Yes can do 200+km/h at NS highway.

BUT... After Piston crack (1month in workshop) + 3 x clutch replacement in 5.5 years, I gave up!!

Not so much umph... But adequate power. Hope the reliability holds up in my Noah.

BUT... After Piston crack (1month in workshop) + 3 x clutch replacement in 5.5 years, I gave up!!

Not so much umph... But adequate power. Hope the reliability holds up in my Noah.

Wah lao... 1 mth in wkshop [sweatdrop]

no wonder run to toyota lah [laugh]

actually, if need to carry full load on MPV, then really will dare to go 200+ km/h meh? I won't leh, knowing got so many lives on my hands...

• Praise 2

Touran 3T1? Or 1T? Piston crack no big deal mah. Small $$ can change liao. Someone in our group also sam some more in malaysia kena, change and rebuild engine. Most VW touran owners probably tune and change to forge piston if something happen. Noah is definitely great choice if got fat people in family like me. However, the driving experience is total bullsxxt. Engine noisy and soundproof cannot make it. In the front the inadequate width of the car also means that fat daddys would be uncomfy as their knees will be slammed right onto the centre console. All in all, if i need to buy mpv again, it will be sharan. Good tuning potential and reliable powertrain.(tested and proven). Maybe more odyssey problems per 100 cars compared to sharan. However, my TULAN still use old DQ200... :TT_TT:

Wah lao... 1 mth in wkshop [sweatdrop]

no wonder run to toyota lah [laugh]

actually, if need to carry full load on MPV, then really will dare to go 200+ km/h meh? I won't leh, knowing got so many lives on my hands...

Good handling. Excellent road holding. If you are confident, why not. Anyway, many people get over confident, especially those f**ker bimmers that don't have signals...they end up totalling their cars and driving to heaven(maybe hell also). Different people got diff views. Never taste before accident so heck care drive fast lor. Most of the time, malaysians do give way on NSHW if you don't be idiot and horn/flash them. Just my two cents.

But why would you want to do 220km/h? Most of the time, we would want to ensure the car swiftly go to cruising speed 90-110km/h.

110? try that on NSHW... Container also tekan you...110km/h on NSHW might be road hogging leh. Though speed limit 110km/h but well if you travel up north frequently, 110km/h is impossible(not including heavy traffic time)

• Dislike 1

Good handling. Excellent road holding. If you are confident, why not. Anyway, many people get over confident, especially those f**ker bimmers that don't have signals...they end up totalling their cars and driving to heaven(maybe hell also). Different people got diff views. Never taste before accident so heck care drive fast lor. Most of the time, malaysians do give way on NSHW if you don't be idiot and horn/flash them. Just my two cents.

110? try that on NSHW... Container also tekan you...110km/h on NSHW might be road hogging leh. Though speed limit 110km/h but well if you travel up north frequently, 110km/h is impossible(not including heavy traffic time)

Regardless how good the handling or road holding, i don't see myself doing 200+ if i'm driving MPV at full load of 7 pax, esp with my whole family in tow. Just too much unnecessary risk for me. Think it's just me, maybe.

• Praise 1

Regardless how good the handling or road holding, i don't see myself doing 200+ if i'm driving MPV at full load of 7 pax, esp with my whole family in tow. Just too much unnecessary risk for me. Think it's just me, maybe.

i share the same opinion as you
  • Praise 1

Touran 3T1? Or 1T? Piston crack no big deal mah. Small $$ can change liao. Someone in our group also sam some more in malaysia kena, change and rebuild engine. Most VW touran owners probably tune and change to forge piston if something happen. Noah is definitely great choice if got fat people in family like me. However, the driving experience is total bullsxxt. Engine noisy and soundproof cannot make it. In the front the inadequate width of the car also means that fat daddys would be uncomfy as their knees will be slammed right onto the centre console. All in all, if i need to buy mpv again, it will be sharan. Good tuning potential and reliable powertrain.(tested and proven). Maybe more odyssey problems per 100 cars compared to sharan. However, my TULAN still use old DQ200... :TT_TT:

Piston crack is a shit engine design. Tell me one Japanese manufacturer that has a piston crack that is so prevalent.
  • Praise 1

same.. I think that guy is an outlier la... who the hell drive a mpv that fast?
  • Praise 2

Piston crack is a shit engine design. Tell me one Japanese manufacturer that has a piston crack that is so prevalent.

absolutely

i have driven, over a decade, many Japanese cars... old new and v old...

even drove an old wrx, missed servicing and pumped 92ron petrol... no issue of cracked piston.

vw u sucks..

• Dislike 1

absolutely

i have driven, over a decade, many Japanese cars... old new and v old...

even drove an old wrx, missed servicing and pumped 92ron petrol... no issue of cracked piston.

vw u sucks..

well to some, changing piston is normal wear and tear and no different to changing tires. [laugh]

Too many visits to VW & the queue is endless. So gave up the 'performance'.

No big deal if they can fix it fast & right away. Went to them with engine warning light & they could not solve. Must wait for car to totally stall then come & tow it away. Then offer me a miserable polo as replacement car. Clutch can only last 4 months before it judder over & over again. So sent in for replacement which last more than 3 days. So traded it in the moment 5 yr warranty is up. These are all big deals to me.  

Maybe to vw owners these are no big deal??

Too many visits to VW & the queue is endless. So gave up the 'performance'.

No big deal if they can fix it fast & right away. Went to them with engine warning light & they could not solve. Must wait for car to totally stall then come & tow it away. Then offer me a miserable polo as replacement car. Clutch can only last 4 months before it judder over & over again. So sent in for replacement which last more than 3 days. So traded it in the moment 5 yr warranty is up. These are all big deals to me.  

Maybe to vw owners these are no big deal??

Maybe some do not have experience as jialat as yours, still tolerable. So they are not traumatized, like you, and will continue to buy VW rides. If not how to explain the relatively good sales number we see. 

Maybe some do not have experience as jialat as yours, still tolerable. So they are not traumatized, like you, and will continue to buy VW rides. If not how to explain the relatively good sales number we see. 

Or others love the performance so bear with the inconvenience.

A colleague's Tiguan is reaching 10 yr in Apr. First few yr kept complaining got all sorts of problems, kept going workshop each time dunno how many days... but perservered...

and he said he spent so many thousands in the last 2 yrs to keep it going, that it's not worthwhile to scrap, so he's thinking of renewing COE!

actually i tot VW problems was mostly with 1.4L dunno 6- or 7-speed gearbox. So if not that, then maybe not so bad...

↡ Advertisement