Caught for illegal modifications

Koren

Anyone got caught b4? *touchwood* my friend got pulled over during the weekend for having a snail. haha.. does he need to find a stock exhaust to put back? or just any exhaust that passes emission(sound/co2)? pls advise..

↡ Advertisement

Anyone got caught b4? *touchwood* my friend got pulled over during the weekend for having a snail. haha.. does he need to find a stock exhaust to put back? or just any exhaust that passes emission(sound/co2)? pls advise..

they'll want to see stock exhaust - either borrow from other bros or have to buy new.

and he'll get a fine too. first time $500 minimum if it's only exhaust-related. if there was engine swap, the fine is higher and car can be impounded.

Snail fine is $500, classified under exhaust modification. That is just one item on the list, your friend need to check what other items is being recorded.

Need to revert everything to stock then send for inspection.

Hope this information helps.

Cheers

bro u can ask your friend to appeal.

1st timer can appeal 1.

i got caught for swop of turbo , downpipe /extractors/up pipe / exhaust . after appeal i paid 300.

then 2nd time i got caught i was fined $1000.

tks guys.. inspections tmr.. will see how it goes.. always tot older cars can just swap any exhaust as long as it complies with the rules. where to find stock starlet exhaust man.. haha..

tks guys.. inspections tmr.. will see how it goes.. always tot older cars can just swap any exhaust as long as it complies with the rules. where to find stock starlet exhaust man.. haha..

Depends on the car mah. If the car is old and cannot find the original part. You have a reason to use another part which complies to the LTA rules.

The above information is based on what I have read in one of the old threads posted quite sometime back.

Cheers

haha.. yea man.. such a minor offence.. aniwae.. still searching for a stock xos.. maeb looking @ man xos see if they can hunt for one..

ur fren got snail for starlet only kanna exhaust mod? wah he is very lucky liao lor. tee gong por pi le!

Hi 'So_nice', is your friend's starlet very 'chiong' with extensive bodykit and loud exhaust sound. Normally, if one's car has extensive bodykit and striking look, TP will go after such cars first and than the exhaust.

Neutral Newbie

i think if he's driving a starlet can go fXXG KXM to rent a stock extractor..... installation and welding for a package price good luck bro

Neutral Newbie

they do have juz tell tem u want to go for full inspection the boss will find u the extractor but down pipe and the muffler i dun think they have have to source out ownself maybe scrapeyard loh....

Is it allowed to divert pcv to catch can then vent. Into atmosphere instead of the intake? Would that be considered bypass emission?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2