Job Interview: Asst Electricity Trader... Need Advice!!

Little_prince

Hi bros...

I just got a call to go for an interview for Asst Electricity Trader... but I don't really know anything much about the job... Hope any of you guys here got experience can give me some advice?

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi bros...

I just got a call to go for an interview for Asst Electricity Trader... but I don't really know anything much about the job... Hope any of you guys here got experience can give me some advice?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if I'm right, but most probably this job is about liaising with the various electrical vendors (Seraya power, Tuas, Senoko, etc) to trade on electricity, i.e. buying of electricity from them. By the way, which company you going for the interview? PM me if it's inconvenient to reveal here

• Praise 1

Ya, I think the article from Bro Karoon is a very good article regarding the new energy market, especially after the de-regulation in the electricity sector. Basically, in industry with high electricity usage, say constantly 10MVA, it would be wise to package a deal with one of the electricity retailer to get a good price. Sometimes its about playing with the contracted and uncontracted capacity rates.

Neutral Newbie

If you dont know much from this Job, that means

You apply without knowing what you are applying?

Also if you dont know a thing from this Job, I stressed

that you make a Search in Whatever Search Engine

and get your self prepared.

Transferable Skills and Attributes must be clearly

deliver to your future Employer if you want this

job.

well... i don't have any prior knowledge of the industry... but i'm pretty confident that my skill sets and qualification are what they're looking for...

oh well.. shall see how it goes... thanks bros!

Hi bros...

Thanks in advance!

The rough JD should have reveal some clue to you ..

Assistant Trader (Electricity Market)

(Singapore)

Responsibilities:

The successful candidate will assist in managing the market risks of Keppel Energy

Edited by Lv3338

well... i don't have any prior knowledge of the industry... but i'm pretty confident that my skill sets and qualification are what they're looking for...

oh well.. shall see how it goes... thanks bros!

since u said " i'm pretty confident that my skill sets and qualification are what they're looking for..."...

dun see a need to act this extra step......... [lipsrsealed]

Neutral Newbie

[wave] HI everyone!!

Hope you guys can help me on this.....

May I know usually what is the salary range for an entry energy trader in singapore?

really hope you can help me out as i cannot find any info on the net...

Thanks alot for your help !!!!! :D

Neutral Newbie

ya.. need to do shift... coz the trading runs for 24 hrs....

you know the salary range for this job, say for a u-grad??? ^_^

Machiam like those pork belly and cotton and beans traders.

Always goof to do night duty with a pretty sexy gal colleague.

Humm....how come a electricity trader needs a degree in Electrical engineering?.....shouldnt it be some finance background ?....sometimes job title very misleading....better ask carefully the exact job scope for the position.

Humm....how come a electricity trader needs a degree in Electrical engineering?.....shouldnt it be some finance background ?....sometimes job title very misleading....better ask carefully the exact job scope for the position.

most jobs will need a degree....but for a trader i think the most important would be foresight

Hypersonic

Hi all,

Recently place an ad for senior sales manager.

One of the interviewee reason for leaving his current company was sales policies kept on changing.

The interesting part was, during the interview, he showed me his sales targets and achievements and how he managed to increase sales over the years.

The part is what do you think of someone who actually show you some private info of his company sales target during an interview but not in details , just very surface, like how much increase per year

Can some bros share with me the different angles to look at it

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2