Loan Shark more helpful than Polis

Sleepyman

LAST Thursday, my front door was smeared with black paint and the message 'O$Pay$', with the borrower's name and the loan shark's number, was scrawled on the staircase walls.

The borrower who sold this flat I am currently occupying was, presumably, the person being sought after by the loan shark. My brother lodged a police report at the Hong Kah North neighbourhood police station. I also made some inquiries on the action to be taken to ensure the safety of my family.

Besides taking some photos of the scene and telling me that the case was referred to the Criminal Investigation Department, the police officer could only advise me to report the case if it happened again.

I felt helpless. Finally, I called the number scrawled on the wall purportedly belonging to the loan shark. I asked him if he was a loan shark, he replied yes, and asked if I wanted money, and how I obtained his number. I told him that I was not the person he was looking for and to stop the harassment. He advised me to paste a Housing Board document showing I was the real owner of the flat on my front door for a month.

He promised that he 'would do his part'. The harassment stopped after that. I felt ashamed that as a law-abiding citizen, I had to seek help from a loan shark who had been harassing me.

It also sickens me to know that there is no way I can stop the previous owner from using my address for any of his wrongdoings. If he continues to borrow, and defaults on his loans, then I would have to suffer the subsequent harassment from loan sharks.

Something must be done to help victims like me.

Ling Boon Kok

this is so LOL...

Edited by Sleepyman
↡ Advertisement

loan sharks got heart. government where got heart one?

note, i say "government", not "gahmen". probably like this in most countries. of course, here the gahmen more complacent cos they always get strong mandate.

QUESTION: if owner can just call the loanshark so easily and the loanshark can admit over the phone he is loanshark and he can loan $, why can't the police do the same and catch him since the loan shark is so easily contactable and so readily admit he's loanshark?

because the cop is only interested in big fish and not ikan bilis. such ambush can only capture the loanshark lackey and most probably is a youngster/kid

QUESTION: if owner can just call the loanshark so easily and the loanshark can admit over the phone he is loanshark and he can loan $, why can't the police do the same and catch him since the loan shark is so easily contactable and so readily admit he's loanshark?

Cos they know what they catch will be the small fry or worse one of the borrowers who still owe loan shark money and have to become their runner.

err, like the one in Fann Wong and Mark Lee movie ? [laugh]

aft all e negative reports loan shark, mayb its time for them to upgrade their image [laugh]

guess, nowadays loansharks are also trying to change their image..... new generation of loansharks are more high tech and more knowledgeable now.... maybe now they need to have a degree in psychology to qualify to become to a loanshark... [scholar]

yeah this is the most sickening part. [shakehead]. the loan shark should counter check the address and follow the person home before granting the loans. but, what the loanshark wants is to give him loan asap and suck him dry.

I can't stop the previous owner from using my address for any of his wrongdoings. If he continues to borrow, and defaults on his loans, then I would have to suffer the subsequent harassment from loan sharks.

no matter how high tech, high knowledgeable, high IQ, etc. there is one and only loan shark modus operandi that works for thousands of years

1. ask you sign IOU $1K and give you $800 only

2. when you cannot repay in full or service the interest, they will psycho you to take $5K loan to settle the previous one and have more money on hand (everyone happy)

3. then the $5K loan interest rise day-by-day until the weekly interest is like $500

4. then before you know it, you already owe the loan shark $20K and keep growing

5. at stage 5 -> you are at the mercy of the loanshark. you either run road or become their runner and still cannot settle your loan.

guess, nowadays loansharks are also trying to change their image..... new generation of loansharks are more high tech and more knowledgeable now.... maybe now they need to have a degree in psychology to qualify to become to a loanshark... [scholar]

Edited by Wt_know

frankly cant blame the loan sharks sometimes.. ppl take their money liao run... but really glab your ordeal is over... take care

↡ Advertisement