Proton Exora

Neokn

Turbocharged

Proton Exora 1.6A is better or Chevrolet Orlando 1.8A? In terms of quality and FC?

got money buy orlando. i think it's a different standard.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Proton Exora 1.6A is better or Chevrolet Orlando 1.8A? In terms of quality and FC?

3 weeks ago i'd test drive the Orlando and Exora late last year...

it's 2 diff class...Orlando is a Crossover while Exora is MPV..

power wise Orlando is much better cos it's 1.8 (6 speed AT) and as for Exora was a little sluggish in pick up but it's understood it's only 1.6..

i'm still contemplating which one will be my next ride as COE for Cat B keep increasing.

FC wise it's about the same for both rides....quality and cabin finishes...i prefer Orlando..

Orlando price tag 126k (standard model) 135k (exclusive model)

My 2 cents... [flowerface]

Neutral Newbie

Bro mubin, r u planning in future to change to the new turbo engine if can? Are u planning to email to LTA if that is possible if there is certifitied copy from proton msia for changing of the engine.

Bro mubin, r u planning in future to change to the new turbo engine if can? Are u planning to email to LTA if that is possible if there is certifitied copy from proton msia for changing of the engine.

Was thinking of that a couple of days back...but then decide not to...(maybe ask around first)...no plans to change engine yet...basically maybe just change car to Bold

the cps campro's power is adequate for me even when driving up north with 7 adults.

dont really need it to zoom zoom here & there esp. with the young ones in it.

its easier & cheaper to maintain then the turbo version---that & the interior space is important for me.

only wish the FC would be slightly better!

Edited by Panhard

all in all spend about S$200/- including syn. engine. oil

i will normally get a set of all the servicing items from proton edar when i go up north & leave in the car.

so anytime, can get servicing done either locally or up north when i'm there.

much cheaper & using original proton parts too!

like that will the warranty still valid???

aiya, nvr tell me too, i just did my 40K last week at Segamat, cost me ard RM760 lei. [rifle]

will only go to proton edar service centre at 80k with timing belt replacement.

like that will the warranty still valid???

my exora already pass 2 years....what needed to replace under warranty already replaced.

anyway, in those days warranty on cars only 1 year......(better check your original battery after 2nd year)

my last service with them, they replaced my engine oil sump under warranty..saying that my oil sump on earlier batch had defect--hair-line crack line near drain plug area- but no leak.

they advise any mechanic tightening the drain plug after draining should not over tighten cos the oil sump is made of aluminuim alloy not cast iron material.....

so you bros pls. take note of this.

There's no Need to transplant engine,By may Exora bold will come to our shores including the new persona replacement and saga fl

my exora already pass 2 years....what needed to replace under warranty already replaced.

anyway, in those days warranty on cars only 1 year......(better check your original battery after 2nd year)

my last service with them, they replaced my engine oil sump under warranty..saying that my oil sump on earlier batch had defect--hair-line crack line near drain plug area- but no leak.

they advise any mechanic tightening the drain plug after draining should not over tighten cos the oil sump is made of aluminuim alloy not cast iron material.....

so you bros pls. take note of this.

mine also pass 2 years, will the warranty still cover the oil sump?? at where SC they change for you? TTS or Leng kee?

So sad.....2 years ago my company was thinking to buy the Exora @ below $60k but end up didn't go ahead...... Now the new one with Turbo and more features would probably @ ard $110K?

Maybe have to look at used one....and dearer somemore! -_-

dear all, anyone experience the "chick chick" sound when the aircon kick in? the sound usually heard when you just start the engine and gone once the engine (or aircon) run in. any suggestion or may wanted to share the experience is much appreciated. [:p]

↡ Advertisement