Proton Exora

Neokn

Bro, does brake fluid need to top-up? I tot it is a closed system....

I am surprised you could still brake properly when your fluid is almost empty.... [laugh]

Read the manual book to check brake fluid if sensor light is activate and voila. Will monitor again in the next few rides....also 60k servicing coming soon.

Yeah that time brakes still good.....the power of Exora [;)]

↡ Advertisement

This job should be done by the SC itself as it looks like a ABS system issue.

The Handbrake light issue also should be related.

You can read this old article for reference (not sure whether it is already outdated due to the new ABS systems).

http://www.eobdtool.com/blog/2011/08/my-br...t-does-it-mean/

thanks Mandrew, i managed to fix the problem by replacing the cable sensor, cost me M$185 (same price when i asked the workshop in sg, but they dont hv the part) :D

Apologize to Panhard of not "jio" you, it just happen that i went to Gelang Patah to pay a visit to my friend and they brought me to Proton service centre somewhere near to my friend house :)

Supercharged

thanks Mandrew, i managed to fix the problem by replacing the cable sensor, cost me M$185 (same price when i asked the workshop in sg, but they dont hv the part) :D

You mean the WS in SG charge you also RM185? Or is it SGD185 ?

Dear Exorians,

Has anyone encounter such an issue:

Driving at high speed , going down slope and depress the brake pedal. There is this feeling of gear change but when you accelerate the RPM will increase and the engine sounds slightly noisier. After few distance it stabilises and manoeuvre as usual. The mechanic in Proton JB service centre says it is normal.

Is it true?

Turbocharged

Dear Exorians,

Driving at high speed , going down slope and depress the brake pedal. There is this feeling of gear change but when you accelerate the RPM will increase and the engine sounds slightly noisier. After few distance it stabilises and manoeuvre as usual. The mechanic in Proton JB service centre says it is normal.

Is it true?

i tink that is bcos the engine downshift to lower gear.

Dear Exorians,

Is it true?

yap , for the auto like my one, it is normal [;)]

i tink that is bcos the engine downshift to lower gear.

I remember having the same scenario in my CPS and infact I brought it back to SC for checking.

They informed that it is a auto gear shift down feature. But I didn't notice the RPM during that time....

But the Craziest thing is that after I installed the Power Charger, I didn't fell that much..... (to my knowledge the Power charger was only to stabilise the current)... maybe... it was just a psychological thought [:p]

yap , for the auto like my one, it is normal [;)]

Thanks bro shorty, bro SGXora and bro Mandrew for the comments. Appreciate it.

Edited by Iz_Exora

My problem is the ABS light, after 60K major service in my hometown, the light kept lid. sent in to local workshop and had the system reset. the light goes off for awhile but came back when i applied the brake.

any suggestion is much appreciative.

Just go to any Johor service Ctr and have ur Abs sensor changed.I change for RM200 and its fine until now.

I remember having the same scenario in my CPS and infact I brought it back to SC for checking.

They informed that it is a auto gear shift down feature. But I didn't notice the RPM during that time....

But the Craziest thing is that after I installed the Power Charger, I didn't fell that much..... (to my knowledge the Power charger was only to stabilise the current)... maybe... it was just a psychological thought [:p]

Have u try cold air intake?My 2 friends driving Gen2 1.3/Exora 1.6 using them and the response is quite good.Fuel economy improve a bit

Have u try cold air intake?My 2 friends driving Gen2 1.3/Exora 1.6 using them and the response is quite good.Fuel economy improve a bit

I haven't tried Cold air intake. But tried out the HKS power compressor in my old CPS. Didn't feel much improvement in the Fuel efficiency but the response was great. If the timing of the Compressor is bit out, it will drink more petrol [rolleyes]

You can see the photo below.

post-87104-1357722389_thumb.jpg

Apologize to Panhard of not "jio" you, it just happen that i went to Gelang Patah to pay a visit to my friend and they brought me to Proton service centre somewhere near to my friend house :)

No worries bro [rolleyes]

Everything is okay. Looks like sensor or some other thing. Have to go workshop to check.

Some cars if brake fluid low or brake pads finishing...e handbrake light wil come on to warn u.

My problem is the ABS light, after 60K major service in my hometown, the light kept lid. sent in to local workshop and had the system reset. the light goes off for awhile but came back when i applied the brake.

any suggestion is much appreciative.

Hv e abs sensors checked. Maybe ty disturb a sensor during service. There r several sensors. Each wheel has one n near front bumper is another.

I checked the brake and clutch fluid and its almost empty. Top up with mobil dot 4 (small box) and voila the handbrake sensor is gone. Rechecked and no leaking [sweatdrop] phew

Suspect that the previous 2 servicing the guy forgot to top up but there's no proof - just a hunch though.

Even if there is no leak...yr brake fluid wil drop as yr brake pads wear n get thinner. If e level is very low chk yr brake pads fr wear.

↡ Advertisement