Proton Exora

Neokn

Bro Mubin, what color is your ride. saw someone look like you in white exora, red plate at Tampines carpark.

not sure if its you.

Mine is silver Exora...if you see someone wearing shades driving...dats me.... :D

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

my next 7 days 'upgrade' is top roof rack, going KL next weekend.. need the space for the luggage.. hehehe

where are going to do it?...need to order the rack beforehand?

Edited by Noirmubin

Neutral Newbie

Any recommendation where the best deal for solar film in sg or JB cheaper ? What would be the cost ? Thks a lot in advance :D

Neutral Newbie

Just placed an order for the Exora CFE version. Hope to get it in Sep... Ordered the Plum Red colour.... I like!

Collected mine last week.

Lot of driving difference compared to my earlier CPS.

Will update more after 1st service.

Regards

Neutral Newbie

Collected mine last week.

Lot of driving difference compared to my earlier CPS.

Will update more after 1st service.

Regards

you mean you sold of the earlier Exora and get Bold?

Neutral Newbie

i suppose to go KL last weekend put was cancel than end up jus go makan seafood in JB.

went in on saturday afternoon. the jam was wicked.

so i drive by Tuas. so from Tuas to Johor central, i try my top speed lah.

the 'maximum' i dare to go was 137km/h. my car was fully load with 7 full side adult

with average weight of 90kg. pick up was jialat but once hit 60km/h, it slowly goes smooth.

after the trip, my family pushing me to fix turbo.. hahaha.. alot of saving to do..

Neutral Newbie

Please post review....

How is the FC?

Any of those problems as mentioned in some Malaysian forums like car pulling to the left, car stalled suddenly, rocky car seats, suspension got sounds etc...?

JB i think RM200+ can get solar film that is SG approved..

Solar film grade goes by price due to the amount of heat rejection it can throw off, the higher the heat rejection the more ex it is... darker doesnt mean better... my car came with solar film and the windscreen top came with one piece darker than the rest that is actually tinted film for design purpose... for 2 yrs i wonder why is my car hotter than normal then i realise its that tinted film that is absorbing heat.. so i add on a solar film now the car is ok... if not can literally melt and get sun burn while driving..

i should organise a trip to JB for all proton drivers and introduce the workshop that most perodua people in the kcs club goes to... at least you guys go there they wont cheat you when they know you...

(edited)

change your airfilter to K&N or hurricane in the meantime while you save up... it helps

Edited by Meganut

(edited)

Please post review....

How is the FC?

Any of those problems as mentioned in some Malaysian forums like car pulling to the left, car stalled suddenly, rocky car seats, suspension got sounds etc...?

commit without fear...been driving the exora for 2 yrs +. no issues at all.

if budget permits, will surely get the CFE without 2nd thoughts.

FC around 9.5 to 9.8 litres/100km(50% city/50% highway) using 98 esso. all equipment stock with engine oil 10w30 amsoil signature series 100% full syn.

No regrets, just book it!

Edited by Panhard

Yes, I trade in my old one to get the CFE. For trade in I got my earlier buying price so did not think twice :)

Neutral Newbie

commit without fear...been driving the exora for 2 yrs +. no issues at all.

if budget permits, will surely get the CFE without 2nd thoughts.

FC around 9.5 to 9.8 litres/100km(50% city/50% highway) using 98 esso. all equipment stock with engine oil 10w30 amsoil signature series 100% full syn.

No regrets, just book it!

Already booked it...just wanna know more from local owners here.

Please post review....

How is the FC?

I've done only 500km.. so too early to say much....

So far so good...

Driven once to JB via Tuas... didn't feel any pulling to any of the sides.... since it's new didn't want to check the full speed :)

Did not encounter any rattling sound or any sounds from suspensions....

I'm only an average driver, so the below comments are from my own experience...

Sound proofing:

I feel that the sound is lesser compared to CPS maybe due to the aditional sound proofing. Noticed a lot more sound proofing been done on the Bonnet and Doors.

Adding a bit more Sound proof inside the doors will give you more peace...

Seats:

Still the Leather seats with the red threading liner in the earlier CPS is my favourite.

The one in CFE is lighter black shade with double shade.

And me or my family didn't feel much difference in the Comfort (so should be almost the same).

Interior:

mmm.. the CPS interior (2011) came with almost all the Dashboard fittings (A/C outlets caing , Door switch casing etc.. ) in Black color which was also my favourite.

The CFE again changed back to Silver .....

But the main panel (stereo casing) is using a nice sporty shade...

Dash board meters a bit of change..

Other than that, almost the same as CPS...

Ofcourse a DVD overhead (but personally I don't like the way it connects via the FM method to the Car stereo as sometimes i need to change the channel due to disturbenses).

Driving experience:

Wow... here is the main difference.. hope I won't envy anyone :)

Just giving my sharing.....

Driving a CFE is very smooth. You can try out it at any of the SG Outlets when you go for Servicing.

One thing I noticed is that the initial torque is very less.

Even feels that it is lesser than my earlier CPS (not sure I'm getting this feeing because of the Power Charger I was using in CPS).

Maybe there might be a change after the 1000km service.

Anyway once the rpm hits 2k there it goes.... the whole story changes....

Earlier in my CPS, I use to think twice before I overtake.

I used to study the Car which is in front of me...

And while overtaking, my body pressure will also rise with the overtaking :) and will come down to normal only after the overtaking is complete :)

Also encountered once, half way the vehicle I was overtaking, increased a bit of torque and I had to give up my idea :)

Now my worries are gone... with the CFE, I'm a proud Exora Owner... :)

Even my kids started to feel the difference....

Too early to talk about the FC.

Engine wise, lot of differences are been made inorder to suite the Turbo. The CVT transmission is also a part of this change.

A normal person like me also can see the changes by just Opening up the bonnet.

Understand that lot of components are been changed inorder to suit the Turbo so converting a CPS to a Turbo may not be such a good idea and an easy or inexpensive task.

Those who are not looking much on the torque... I should say no much difference in changing the Car as there is no much difference.

If you are not much bothered about the torque, you should be happy with the CPS as other than the torque (which is a 'lot' to most) there is no other difference. If I took the same colour, no one would have realised easily that I have changed the vehicle :).

Using the earlier CPS, we went to Cameroon Highlands during the starting of this month. No issues and the journey was very comfortable.

Sorry for such a long post.

Sound good indeed! [thumbsup]

The CVT gearbox should be smoother than conventional 4AT?

Like the rear smoked tail light a lot!

I suppose the bodykit come as standard? any problem with kerb so far (since it is lower groud clearance on the front and back)?

Sound good indeed! [thumbsup]

The CVT gearbox should be smoother than conventional 4AT?

Like the rear smoked tail light a lot!

I suppose the bodykit come as standard? any problem with kerb so far (since it is lower groud clearance on the front and back)?

Yes, the CVT gearbox is smoother.

You don't feel the gear shift at all...

Earlier in my CPS, when I release the accelator I could feel the shift to lower gears.... now it is transparent...

The Bodykit comes as standard and no problem with the kerb as the Body kit is of the mid level range and not the low level Sporty types.

So quite ok for Singapore kerbs....

↡ Advertisement