Proton Exora

Neokn

Considering a second hand exora, no offence or anything intended, can I ask current users what are the usual issues with the car that may come up? example some cars aircon compressor not durable, some cars windscreen crack easily etc..

Maybe can split into major or minor. every car sure got some parts spoils easily or etc.. hope to have some feedback.

On d way back to JB custom after sending my in laws I was book for beating a traffic light and all the polis do is write on a book asking for my license and return back with no ticket??

any old timers wants to fix body kit can let me know, found a shop recently that has the cheapest sound proofing in jb and he does bodykit at 20-30% cheaper... original parts... i will be going up to do soundproofing for me roof, left the roof havent do, those interested can let me know i can check for you... enjoy your ride

To the brother who wants to find out about problems on exora... Msian cars are generally troublefree my car turns 4 end of the month and i drive a perodua viva so far i do not have 'things that easily or frequently' breakdown... i only do normal or major servicing when i reach the said mileage... like 80k is the most expensive servicing for me spend about rm800 to change timing belt coolant, fan belt, aircon belt, ebgine oil, brake pads, atf, brake fluid... i also change batt, tyres and mounting at 85k... its quite standard for perodua cars to change mounting at 80-100k but i believe other makes also got pple change mounting.. a few of the kelisa drivers been driving 5-6years never had to change mounting and only did normal and major service... cars are abit game of luck, generally the msian cars are quite safe, parts are cheap, buy with peace of mind... unlike my friend's 5 yr old Chery QQ which he spend almost 12k at vertex due to expensive parts and brake pads cost sgd130 which they are out to carrot the owners...there are a few perodua/proton distributors in jb so can buy parts and bring to ws to service so much cheaper

Considering a second hand exora, no offence or anything intended, can I ask current users what are the usual issues with the car that may come up? example some cars aircon compressor not durable, some cars windscreen crack easily etc..

Maybe can split into major or minor. every car sure got some parts spoils easily or etc.. hope to have some feedback.

minor..........none!

major..........none!

my advise, if getting a 2nd hand-get it checked by proton s'pore first to make sure it was not abused by the previous owner.

let me put it this way....even if any repairs just go across "boleh" land, everything sure boleh :D

Yes, the CVT gearbox is smoother.

You don't feel the gear shift at all...

Earlier in my CPS, when I release the accelator I could feel the shift to lower gears.... now it is transparent...

The Bodykit comes as standard and no problem with the kerb as the Body kit is of the mid level range and not the low level Sporty types.

So quite ok for Singapore kerbs....

the smoothness of gear change is expected of a CVT G/box!

the less torque on initial move off is expected too on an engine thats not run-in yet......so just be patient you will begin to feel it improve

more & more as you drive more & more.....

say what you want to say.......the CFE is still my next car option---thanks to the current COE-its now only a dream!

(edited)

the smoothness of gear change is expected of a CVT G/box!

the less torque on initial move off is expected too on an engine thats not run-in yet......so just be patient you will begin to feel it improve

more & more as you drive more & more.....

say what you want to say.......the CFE is still my next car option---thanks to the current COE-its now only a dream!

i would have bought the exora had the coe dropped when i bought my car... i was eyeing the exora and the freed... but oh well im still happy with my small car as my parents says, your car so small everyday go out with friends come back so late if buy 7 seater no need come home... my family already have a 7 seater so ok la even if i dun have the exora... the exora and freed 3rd row is very spacious thats what i like

and i love it cos its 1.6 and can sit 7 comfortably... it has reasonable power to carry 7 and hit the highway at 140... i think its all i need... unlike our 7 seater first its bigger cc and fuel not very friendly... the exora and freed has good fuel effiecieny and its 1.6 and 7 seater... i tested both the freed and exora i like both but if i have to choose it will be the exora cos of the parts i can get easily without selling my kidney

Edited by Meganut

Neutral Newbie

any old timers wants to fix body kit can let me know, found a shop recently that has the cheapest sound proofing in jb and he does bodykit at 20-30% cheaper... original parts... i will be going up to do soundproofing for me roof, left the roof havent do, those interested can let me know i can check for you... enjoy your ride

bro check out for me how much soundproof for

1) roof

2) wheel arc front two

3) wheel arc back two

thanks

and i love it cos its 1.6 and can sit 7 comfortably... it has reasonable power to carry 7 and hit the highway at 140... i think its all i need... unlike our 7 seater first its bigger cc and fuel not very friendly... the exora and freed has good fuel effiecieny and its 1.6 and 7 seater... i tested both the freed and exora i like both but if i have to choose it will be the exora cos of the parts i can get easily without selling my kidney

I think the wish is same size, 200 cc more engine only, better pickup yet better FC. But COE is 20k more in Cat B.

No problem...

my roof is small so its about rm120...

other shops quoted me rm280(cheapest then) to rm400... will let u know

i think someone wanted bodykit will help ask as well

Turbocharged

No problem...

Yeah...help me ask abt bodykit. Jus some simple ones...dont want the racer lookalike.

Neutral Newbie

No problem...

ok thanks, bro.

i'm also desperately looking for a shop in JB than can do customise welding services.

big major project for below my boot space. wanna try to make my boot space like Toyota Picnic/Estima,

as i've removed my spare tyre.

let me know if anyone know a shop in JB or Singapore that can do welding modification.

No problem...

Yup, I am also looking for bodykit. Pls help me check how much is it plus spraying. My ride is Gaia Blue. In MY it is known as blue haze.

ok thanks, bro.

i'm also desperately looking for a shop in JB than can do customise welding services.

big major project for below my boot space. wanna try to make my boot space like Toyota Picnic/Estima,

as i've removed my spare tyre.

let me know if anyone know a shop in JB or Singapore that can do welding modification.

bro, meganut is a sis........ [lipsrsealed]

Neutral Newbie

Can someone advise where to buy the window visor for the Bold?

Roughly how much?

Thanks!

I bought my window visor in jb cost rm60, thankfully 3 yrs ago got sell..

perodua viva was like a forgotton perodua car and it only begin to have popularity after msia stop producing kanchil and after they sold their last few kancil that in 2010 that the perodua viva became more common in msia cos with the kancil on the road the kancil was the cheapest car in msia so when they stop selling the cane out with the cheapest viva model of 660cc to supply to the market..... which is why for the 4 yrs i drive my viva, only this yr that i can find more accessories and stuff in jb for viva which i previously cant and now you start to see more viva in jb.... likewise for the new bold, not sure how different it is from the old exora, but if there are differences then certain things may take a longer time to be more cheaply available than the old... hopefully its not too different then i think can easily get...

welding service? the workshop we go to can do welding, mainly for exhaust not sure if they can do other stuff

↡ Advertisement