Proton Exora

Neokn

Planning to get the DVD And monitor installed locally.. Can shops to suggest?

i did mine in JB.. dun know any shop in Spore.. maybe some bro here can advice you..

↡ Advertisement

Bro, this depends on your Budget and what type of brand you are looking...

You may need to spend atleast about S$300 to S$400 for a normal DVD player(with HU Monitor).

If you have little more budget, one good model you can look is the Blaupunkt New York 800 model.

I was using this for about 1 year. Quite a decent model with inbuilt GPS and other functionalities.

You can checkout the promotion at Stamford or Autobacs (the promotion rate for this is same everywhere. Only the Installation charge differs).

At the same time, if you are looking at other brands, you can also check out at Sim Lim Tower, 2nd floor (a shop in the middle near to esculator). Understand that they are selling units to some of the Auto accessories workshops here.... But need to Bargain and should have a bit idea of the normal prices...

For the Roof monitor, if you can go to JB Brothers outlets(http://www.brothers.com.my) you can get few options.... and will be cheaper considered to the non-branded ones sold here. And installation will take only around 1 hr.

Take the ones with good screen resolution and sleek. No need to have many functions like built in DVD, SD etc... if you are using this only as a monitor to play what is played in the front HU.

At the same time, it is advisable to add in a lengthy RCA cable so that no need to pull out the HU during the time of Roof monitor installation. As well as a connection cable (with power) for the Reverse Camera (for future enhancements).

I was talking to someone about ice. I have got this impression that headrest monitors are better than roof mount. Anyone outhere have different opinion or experience

Supercharged

I was talking to someone about ice. I have got this impression that headrest monitors are better than roof mount. Anyone outhere have different opinion or experience

Headrest monitors - the center seated passenger (if any) can't view the screen properly. Also can't hide (or remove) easily to prevent theft. Roof mounted monitors can be viewed by passengers seated anywhere, and can retracted flat to hide from outside.

Headrest monitors - the center seated passenger (if any) can't view the screen properly. Also can't hide (or remove) easily to prevent theft. Roof mounted monitors can be viewed by passengers seated anywhere, and can retracted flat to hide from outside.

Totally agree... and to add on... Headrest, you need to buy 2 pieces. Whereas roof monitor you only need one...

(the position for roof monitor is very important else the ones in the middle layer will have to strain.... especially for long trips)

i have other opinion than both the bros just posted. i install both roof and also backrest monitor (viewing from third row).

my backrest monitor has a zip cover. if not use, just zip close and looks like normal headrest.

price wise, the headrest monitor, they comes in a pair. and price almost the same as rooftop, thats is what got.

as initially i intend to install two roof monitors, but the shop advice me to get the third rwo to use headrest and

was not charge additional for the change. so i assume its about the same price.

you may check out my past post where i show the photos of my set up.

Supercharged

i have other opinion than both the bros just posted. i install both roof and also backrest monitor (viewing from third row).

my backrest monitor has a zip cover. if not use, just zip close and looks like normal headrest.

Backrest monitor with a zip cover is good thought! Not only for theft prevention but also to protect against dust or accident scratches as well. [:)]

Backrest monitor with a zip cover is good thought! Not only for theft prevention but also to protect against dust or accident scratches as well. [:)]

so far only Brother Panhard seen my simple exora inside. hehe [:p]

I'm thinking of just head rest monitor as I feel these two is enough. Actually imm more inclined to the head rest Coz I heard from tts workshop that proton exora has aircon trunking running inn the middle of the roof where the air con control for the backseat vent are so best not to install roof monitor.... Anyone with roof monitor encumber any problem so rfaradar

I'm thinking of just head rest monitor as I feel these two is enough. Actually imm more inclined to the head rest Coz I heard from tts workshop that proton exora has aircon trunking running inn the middle of the roof where the air con control for the backseat vent are so best not to install roof monitor.... Anyone with roof monitor encumber any problem so rfaradar

nope

Bro, any accessory shop can do it here but you will be paying almost double with current exchange rate. Furthermore, not many shops here in SG is familiar with the exora!

Mine I did was DVD player cum monitor head unit. Added the roof monitor and a reverse cam. Some of my 2nd row passengers say the roof monitor a little high, cause some strain on the neck. If I had a 2nd chance, will go for head rest monitors instead. Like bro Goof Rider did for his 3rd row.

Edited by Panhard

The roof monitor is mounted in the centre frame brackets so no issues on it touching any acon items..

hi guys... i went in JB yday.. downgrade my rim to 15"... cannot tahan with 17" lah.. drink petrol like water.. hahah

anyway when changing realise that my brake pad need a replacement soon.

anyone change before and how much to replace a brake pad set?

i'm also thinking of changing my rear drum brake into rotor brake disc..

I manage to buy a set of front brake pads in Melaka spare part shop. It's the oem version made in m'sian. for exora...Semi metallic type. Cost me RM 54.00.

Haven't got a Chance to replace it yet cos existing pad still can tahan.

I manage to buy a set of front brake pads in Melaka spare part shop. It's the oem version made in m'sian. for exora...Semi metallic type. Cost me RM 54.00.

Haven't got a Chance to replace it yet cos existing pad still can tahan.

i manage to buy TRW brake pad from msia website and now waiting for the parcel. RM84 + shipping RM10.

Anyone out there interested in buying an Exora DAD Dashboard cover. I've bought mine but my cuzzie also purchase one for me before asking. Let me know if anyone is interested. Bought @ RM $120. Selling at $45.

This is the pics:

do u still have it?