Proton Exora

Neokn

anybody encountered the fan still turning after engine is switched off? i understand it is to cool down the engine further. but this is the first time my car did it. n also, the day it happened, i noticed that my engine is super hot, hotter than usual.

I believe, you are driving a CFE engine....

This is auto cooler option in this vehicle.... I've shared this earlier....

Sometimes it will not trigger the Auto cooler so enquired SC to understand how it works.....

According to them, the Auto Cooler trigers On only when the temperature is higher than 85 degree.

That means, the Cooler will not start, if the engine temp is not going higher than this. And once it is above 100degree, the Cooler mode goes to the 2nd level whereby you will be hearing louder sound of the Fan running.

Since there is very good air circulation during long trips.... you rarely hear this when you stop after a long trip....

Just for sharing....

Edited by Mandrew
↡ Advertisement

Didn't experience that during my 3 days of driving. But the engine sound is definitely loud, much louder than my previous car. My children got a shock when they heard the engine sound. [laugh]

1) never encountered.

2) yes, soon after the Carwash, I also have experienced this.

3) When I took the new car also I felt the same for the 1st 2 days.... maybe its from the coating of the engine layer... when it gets hot...

In your case, they might have applied something over the engine bay during servicing to look clean....

So monitor for few days and see.... if still there... bring it for a checkup....

Thanks Andrew for the reply. For (1) I shall continue to monitor. As for the brakes, think I will send the car to Proton for checking. Wonder if it could be linked to brake pads.

Supercharged

anybody encountered the fan still turning after engine is switched off? i understand it is to cool down the engine further. but this is the first time my car did it. n also, the day it happened, i noticed that my engine is super hot, hotter than usual.

Most importantly, the fan should switch off itself after 5-10 mins.

im driving the cps. coming to 3yrs old. nvr happened b4. i believe in 3 yrs ive driven in all sorts of weather n conditions, that's y a little worried when this happened. was wondering how come the engine is hotter than usual.

im driving the cps. coming to 3yrs old. nvr happened b4. i believe in 3 yrs ive driven in all sorts of weather n conditions, that's y a little worried when this happened. was wondering how come the engine is hotter than usual.

To my understanding this feature is available only to the CFE engine.

And during my usage of 1 and half years of CPS, never encountered this....

Suggest you to call up the SC to enquire about this?

Also share with us for info.....

Rims are stock 16".

Mileage only just reaching 10,000km. Its only the 2nd service, air filter should be changed during the 10K service but dont think spark plugs will be changed.

Whats your mileage now?

My going to hit 80k soon, will need to change timing belt.Your ride still not fully run-in yet. FC will get better after 30k

Edited by Panhard

Hi folks,

Just changed to a 2nd hand white Exora. A few things I encountered during 2 days of driving:

1) pretty loud clank clank sound during start up when engine is cold in the morning. Thereafter the sound would be gone when the engine is warmed up.

2) eeeek sound from brakes when pressed and depressed. Dealer said he sent the car to wash, so all brake dust was cleared,hence the sound. Asked me to observe a few days.

3) faint burning smell from the engine after it was turned off. the smell is only detected when standing outside the car.

Are the above 3 things normal in Exora? Other than that, my family and I simply love the space and ride. TIQ for the noob qn asked. ^_^

1) may be the belt tensioner noise. Happens only when engine is cold2) brakes tend to sound also when cold should go off when warm3) do a check on floor where you park over night to see if go any stain

:wub:

Bro. That only happens when your engine temp. is above normal. Better get your fan checked & monitor coolant level to avoid excessive overheating which may cause cylinder head gasket to blow. When that happens you will need top overhaul.

Hi bro Shorty, if yours is the 2010 model I have read in the proton website that the radiator fan is giving problem and need an upgrade. Perhaps, you can bring it to TTS Eurocars SC for checks while it is still on warranty. Here is the link..

http://www.protonaftersales.com/faqradiatorfan.aspx

:wub:

Bro. That only happens when your engine temp. is above normal. Better get your fan checked & monitor coolant level to avoid excessive overheating which may cause cylinder head gasket to blow. When that happens you will need top overhaul.

mayb i'll drive ard for a wkend n see how it goes. this happened on a sat, which was a super hot day n i was in the jam at 2nd link. it might the cause.

Hi bro Shorty, if yours is the 2010 model I have read in the proton website that the radiator fan is giving problem and need an upgrade. Perhaps, you can bring it to TTS Eurocars SC for checks while it is still on warranty. Here is the link..

http://www.protonaftersales.com/faqradiatorfan.aspx

mine warranty void liao. cos i serviced at other workshop. n also mine is early 2010. so according to the link, it is not eligible for the upgrade.

Edited by Shorty

Just collected my car after 60k servicing at TTS . The experience left me [rolleyes]

The reception area is pathetic, sharing with the so called showroom, right at the back of Fiat showroom. Waiting area is at the Fiat showroom, not too bad, with TV and sofa. After 3 hours , car is ready for collection. The consultant went thru the fluids and parts changed. Paid and picked up car. Then realised TTS doesnt even provide a sticker for next service reminder.Sigh... Bros who travelled to Msia for servicing, care to share your experiences?

Just collected my car after 60k servicing at TTS . The experience left me [rolleyes]

The reception area is pathetic, sharing with the so called showroom, right at the back of Fiat showroom. Waiting area is at the Fiat showroom, not too bad, with TV and sofa. After 3 hours , car is ready for collection. The consultant went thru the fluids and parts changed. Paid and picked up car. Then realised TTS doesnt even provide a sticker for next service reminder.Sigh... Bros who travelled to Msia for servicing, care to share your experiences?

Honestly, TTS is even worse than the previous proton service centre. Pricing also super high. Follow "fiat" mark-up prices. For what you paying here in SGD. you pay same in RM in "Boleh land".Service in msia more reliable & cheaper.

Honestly, TTS is even worse than the previous proton service centre. Pricing also super high. Follow "fiat" mark-up prices. For what you paying here in SGD. you pay same in RM in "Boleh land".Service in msia more reliable & cheaper.

Somehow at the back of my mind I have this feeling that TTS may not be expert in servicing Proton car. My next servicing would likely be in Msia. On that note, I have surfed Proton Msia website and found that some authorised service centres are not operated by Eon or Edar, are these service centres reliable then?

Just for Sharing only....

Since I had some free time during the Weekend, done the 2nd layer Sound proofing for the 4 doors

Proud to say that it was done by myself [rolleyes].

Done the proofing in 2 phases.

Phase1:

The Inner layers I did some time back in JB using a good quality Deadening Sheet.

Saw a very good improvement which tempted me to do the 2nd layer also.

But was also concerned with the Weight and the price.

So was looking around for a light sheet material with good Sound absorbance... and decided to do it myself :)

Phase2:

Done the outside wall for all the 4 doors using a normal light deadening material (the normal ones which is used for Flooring and sealing).

The Driving side door was bit tough as there were more wiring compared to the other passenger doors (and since it was my first experience... trial and error took more time)

The result was very impressive..... and very quiet...

Very much satisfied with my work [:)]

Total cost: RM200 for the material for 4 doors....

Added about 3 to 3.5kg in total.

Next project:

From the confidence I accquired from the Door panels.... :) thinking of doing bigger task...

i.e to do for the whole flooring with the same light material (around 5kg to 7kg addition).

And after that will monitor the FC, if okay will go for the Top layer also (around 4 kg addition).

Will share the results after I complete that....

update on my overheating prob. culprit is the radiator fan. it came off from the motor. so i was driving ard with no radiator fan. now fixed back already. lucky wasnt anything serious.

↡ Advertisement