Officers at JB checkpoint asked me pay TAX

Nicholas

...for comforter.

My gf and I wanted to give a set of bedsheet stuff (pillows, bedsheet, comforter, etc) to my gf's sister. Her sister and her bf ride a bike so they are unable to carry them home, instead we will deliver them to their home in my car. Anyway they decided to go JB pump petrol and makan supper, so we decided to go there with them, before coming back to SG to pass them the bedsheet stuff.

At the JB custom, 2 officers ya ya, keep asking me what the stuff in the cars are. We told them its a set of bedsheet, comforter, and pillows to give away. One of them ask if they are expensive... I told them we got it for free and we are going to give it away. We even open the plastic bags to show them. He then said we have to pay TAX... he even ask the other guy if pillows need to be taxed. [shakehead] We told them we have no idea these things need to be taxed, and said we are going to bring them back to SG anyway, they can check again when we are back. They said, we will be coming back on another side, and they won't be there... we sort of have some ideas what they really want. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What's ridiculous is that, they said we need to be taxed $60 but they discount me, ask me pay $50. I wanted to give them $20 since I don't want trouble, but my gf told the officers "we got no money, we dunno need to pay tax, so we just go back SG now lor, but how to u-turn back?" The officers then say... "er nvm, give u warning first, next time need to pay ya"...

Then we just drove off.

What a joke.

Lok-kok car also they want to aim... times are really bad, I guess. [furious]

↡ Advertisement

They are trying their luck ma. :)

which day was that!?

on labor day nite, me & wife + fren & his wife = 2 cars metup in JB for midnite & supper after a long trip and about to enter into JB custom (back to Sin).

just 400m away near the traffic lights, we were stopped by road patrol - its just 2 police car with 4 old enciks going around enquring the cars they stopped.

I straightaway came down after parking by the side & asked 'what's wrong!?'

WTF - they claimed that we din have seat belts on!!!

WHAT! All of us were warining each other on this and had out belts up all along and they claim we din!!!!

Of cos, we (2 cars) strongly at denial - and they threatened to summon us at rm300 each.

so we drag & drag & drag for 20min - complaining no $, playing 'calming-my-fren-role' and my fren at his role: 'angry man' etc......

at last, they were running out of time and agreed to collect rm20......

I dunno what to comment on this......sigh!

Neutral Newbie

it a norm at JB....Not only must look out for criminal (robber/ snatch theft) but also for police.....

I used to drive up north to cycle. Custom also f us for not declaring?!! The bikes were on the car roof and back a total of 4 bikes with 4 pax.

short conversation:

Custom officer: Do u noe the rules for bringing in bikes?

Us: No, sir, what is it?

Custome officer: Go there and find out??

Us: [shocked]

Neutral Newbie

i like to drive in malaysia but never in my own car, mainly rent there... was thinking someday should drive there using my car but hearing stories like these really scary leh... so sad... :mellow:

How about LCD TV , my friends asked me to buy a 32" LCD TV during a sale last weekend [bounce2] as it cost twice the amount if he going to buy in JB :o . How he going to bring back? He driving a M'sia plate MPV... Easier to bring back using SG car or M'sia car [confused]

Neutral Newbie

They just want to earn Singaporean's $$, they can come up with all sorts of reasons to tax you. Basically, there's no law. Whatever they say is the law, they make their own laws.

I'm a Singaporean, my wife's a Malaysian, we drive a SG registered SUV. Once we were going back to her home town and we packed the SUV with all sorts of stuff, with seats all folded up to stuff in an unwanted cabinet which I wanted to give away. JB custom wanted to tax us on the cabinet although it's used and has chipped corners, etc. He asked for our passports so we no choice, my wife put some money, around RM30 or so, in her passport and pass to the custom officer. Upon seeing that it's a MY passport, he immediately became very friendly and took only RM5 from the passport, returned us the rest of the $$ with the passport and ask us to go.

That great [bounce1] , think i asked my friend to drive in his M'sia MPV and say he going back for good... [scholar]

Any electrical goods brought into Malaysia will be taxed because it is more ex in MY. Just that MY police seldom question SG cars when going in. But a 32" tv is too obvious. Obviusly your fren is playing u out

Any electrical goods brought into Malaysia will be taxed because it is more ex in MY. Just that MY police seldom question SG cars when going in. But a 32" tv is too obvious. Obviusly your fren is playing u out

Wat if he going in beside me in my car? Aso tax?

i like to drive in malaysia but never in my own car, mainly rent there... was thinking someday should drive there using my car but hearing stories like these really scary leh... so sad... :mellow:

I had seen MY car in Mustafa Center basement carpark, unpacking their newly purchased TV, throw away all packings. MY car can take the whole box, but believe they want to make TV like used set.

Anyway, entering MY Customs, it is advisable to bring only personal travel stuffs, to avoid disturbance.

next time they will tax ur headunit , speakers , tyres and amplifier tt is already installeed..... $@!$@! beggars...

which day was that!?

on labor day nite, me & wife + fren & his wife = 2 cars metup in JB for midnite & supper after a long trip and about to enter into JB custom (back to Sin).

just 400m away near the traffic lights, we were stopped by road patrol - its just 2 police car with 4 old enciks going around enquring the cars they stopped.

I straightaway came down after parking by the side & asked 'what's wrong!?'

WTF - they claimed that we din have seat belts on!!!

WHAT! All of us were warining each other on this and had out belts up all along and they claim we din!!!!

Of cos, we (2 cars) strongly at denial - and they threatened to summon us at rm300 each.

so we drag & drag & drag for 20min - complaining no $, playing 'calming-my-fren-role' and my fren at his role: 'angry man' etc......

at last, they were running out of time and agreed to collect rm20......

I dunno what to comment on this......sigh!

same trick

was exiting 1st link at the old checkpoint

stopped me, but didnt want to come over, keep standing infront of my car. after they like 20sec they still didnt come over.

out of coutesy and respect, i alighted and immediately he ran over n close my door.

ask me to stay inside n immediately tell me i neber put seat belt.

WTF there was already a road block at the new custom, so why wont i be puttin my seat belt on ?

next time i m stopped, i die die wont come out, he dont want to come over his problem.

Like this also can. Next time better video the whole event eg. yourself wit the seat belt, removing it, getting out of the car...but don't video the officer lah. That one sure kenna jialat jialat by them and their law. [laugh] [laugh]

I believe these items are not taxable.

There is a list last time in the MY bookstores regarding MY tax regulation (every yr got new one)

eg electritcal industrial items (eg motors) x% (but it might be ambiguous)

Else they say tax is wat rate.

↡ Advertisement