Car plate S xxxx CD

Picanto

Who drives these cars? are they cars given from our govt to bigshots?

why are they entitled to such benefits?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

CD cars are diplomatic vehicles.

I believe they are 'immune' to traffic offences and have certain benefits with regard road tax etc.

Some of them are left hand drive as the embassy use their 'national; cars.

SXX01CD is the one designated as highest rank in the embassy ie Ambassador.

CD cars are diplomatic vehicles.

I believe they are 'immune' to traffic offences and have certain benefits with regard road tax etc.

Some of them are left hand drive as the embassy use their 'national; cars.

SXX01CD is the one designated as highest rank in the embassy ie Ambassador.

yes, u r rite, thats y, stay away far far from the CD plates. u dunno who is inside, if suay suay kena kiss by the vehicle and it happens to be the ambassador ride... good luck...

hi bro

You may find 2 different types of plates, CD, and CC. CD belong to the embassies and I think CC belong to consulates. Consulates do not necessarily enjoy full diplomatic immunity, including the honorary consuls (HC) or consulate generals in some. Also, a local resident appointed in his/her home country as a consul general, may not enjoy immunity either. Usually the said immunity apply to a foreigner appointed to a host country, and the host country's head provides the immunity. Something like that, imho.

blessings

+

Who drives these cars? are they cars given from our govt to bigshots?

why are they entitled to such benefits?

Well looks like everything has been answered except for one question.

Nope, the vehicles are not given. They are exempt from COE etc, however, the cost of the vehicle is borne by the embassy, high commission etc.

the type and make of the car generally signify the importance of the ranking.

but they are still subjected the rule and regulation, if accident....they are in worst s--t cos many many papaer work...

which mean, they will siamz more then we do...lol

oso road tax exempted.........no erp, no need to pay parking ticket, speed trap, many2 more under diplomatic immunities......... [gossip]

Well looks like everything has been answered except for one question.

Nope, the vehicles are not given. They are exempt from COE etc, however, the cost of the vehicle is borne by the embassy, high commission etc.

So are these cars immune from traffic offences.... cause i saw 1 along lavender rd there... most likely drink driving, vehicle swerving from left to right and left again etc...

So are these cars immune from traffic offences.... cause i saw 1 along lavender rd there... most likely drink driving, vehicle swerving from left to right and left again etc...

If there's no state flag up, then they can be stopped. However if the driver has got diplomatic immunity, even TP also LL cannot do anything (except maybe bar the guy from driving if he's drunk).

Supercharged

CD cars are not immune from traffic fines.

i ever saw police place a parking summon on a S CD car before coz the car is parked on double yellow line.

i ever saw police place a parking summon on a S CD car before coz the car is parked on double yellow line.

no la...the police is guarding it la...

Like I said. If the driver has got diplomatic immunity, there's nothing much that we can do even if they don't pay.

was it a XC90?

↡ Advertisement