Job culture will break Spore

Darth_mel

Even mainstream schools are engaging speakers to prepare students looking for jobs after their study.

So your kids go to schools, serve the NS, and look for jobs, then get a girl friend, and start queuing for an expensive HDB flat which make them pay for life. Spore is all about getting jobs.

A job will not bring true wealth; the job

↡ Advertisement

I think it takes gutsy people to be real entrepreneurs. Scholars can never really be one, they can be civil "servants", but not entrepreneurs.

I think the reason why we have a lack of entrepreneurs, is that our general education level has improved over the years. It is easier and more comfortable to just settle for a regular paycheck, than to risk failure and start a business. If a bloke has little or less education, then that fella has nothing much else to loose, he would be more daring, go into business, only to fail and then try again, until something works. Because he has no choice.

Sometimes entrepreneurs are born out of necesity.

(edited)

Couldnt agree more.

during my active time, when i book out everyday , i have to pass by

holland V.

time to time have to top up petrol at the esso b4 hitting PIE,

always felt a sense of being pwned when i see a F-kin FT driving in a nice sportscar with a local lady.

in summary, why i feel being pwned

1. farking FT took away job

2. farking FT is farking ur local girls

3. farking FT walks ard in a shift n tie while me being forced in my farking uniform (suppose to be protect my country) but i am protecting FT kids

ever heard of Ns boys being tasked to become luggage boy for delegates during international events ?

i am not against NS but NS now is not just abt protecting the country but abt sucking up to foreign powers.

Edited by Ah_tee

Sometimes, in private corporations, its 上梁不正,下梁歪。

Of course, those in the luxury ivory towers are also following this saying : 做多,错多.

Stay quiet, go with the flow. Make sure your boss is the stable one.

yeah i read about the rich indian billionaire who bought the 15mil rooftop penthouse. i think we singaporeans are becoming servants to these rich people , where singapore is a haven for the mega rich. our union is a parrot to repeat after the master.

I think it takes gutsy people to be real entrepreneurs. Scholars can never really be one, they can be civil "servants", but not entrepreneurs.

I think the reason why we have a lack of entrepreneurs, is that our general education level has improved over the years. It is easier and more comfortable to just settle for a regular paycheck, than to risk failure and start a business. If a bloke has little or less education, then that fella has nothing much else to loose, he would be more daring, go into business, only to fail and then try again, until something works. Because he has no choice.

Sometimes entrepreneurs are born out of necesity.

well said. i agree.

i kind of regretted that when i was very young and fresh from school, i didnt set out to be an entrepreneur and try to build an own business and empire, when i got little to lose. if time can turn back, i will never take up a regular 9 to 5 job but to take big risk. but the school never taught me that,

the govt is taking good care of us, why take the risk?

What you have said is exactly the reason why entrepreneurship is all but dead here. It's called risk adversiion.

Supercharged

you cannot complain like that.....

the world is fair.....

how can everyone be entreprenuer and big bosses? then who will do the lower level jobs? who will be the receptionist? who will be the Accountant? who will be the Procurement guy? who will be the HR staff?

you see? in this world, there is a natural eco-system going around..... every one plays a part in the eco system, to keep the globe turning.

If everyone wants to be the CEO, then who will do the daily operations?

If everyone wants to be the General, who will be the infantry foot soldiers and pilots?

Someone has to do the job!!! And too bad, you are the person lor....

↡ Advertisement