What happened? Nissan sales

Quantum

Lower quota of COE and fierce competition of Korean cars?

Nissan range of cars not as much as T and H, not that popular among car buyers.

I wonder how the China cars AD (except Chery) can survive with less than 10 cars per month.

Lower quota of COE and fierce competition of Korean cars?

Nissan range of cars not as much as T and H, not that popular among car buyers.

I wonder how the China cars AD (except Chery) can survive with less than 10 cars per month.

At the rate they are going, I think China cars AD are bleeding hard and fast. Eventually many of them will wind up if they run out of operating capital.

I personally feel it's not feasible to sell China cars in Singapore. There will be some buys, but there's not enough ciritcal mass so sustain the business.

as the topic, Nissan sales figure continuely drop

http://www.lta.gov.sg/corp_info/doc/M03-Ca...20by%20make.pdf

I personally feel, the awkward design of most of their models gets in the way. We want to see designs like the Skylines in the past, the only design that really can make it is the GTR, but not many people can afford it.

The Latio Sports hatchback is not bad, but apart from these two exceptions, other models in their line up is either too awkward, or too boring.

They are competing against other designers that knows how to be cutting edge without being an eyesore. I doubt many car buyers are willing to commit long term to a car that looks awful.

Neutral Newbie

Part of the reason could be due to the fact that all Nissan cars sold here currently are made in Japan. Due to the high Yen at the moment, this makes Nissan cars more expensive than some of their Made in Thailand Japanese counterparts. For example, the 2.0l Nissan Teana is more expensive with the 2.0l Camry.

Secondly, most Nissans of late have rather conservative styling and tend to focus more on the interiors than the exteriors. As such, people may turn to other brands since your typically judged on how your car looks on the outside.

Cheers.

I have never put Nissan in my shopping list b4, there can be hundred things good about their car, but just cmi to my list.

(edited)

Nissan Latio is one of the best M.I.J cars especially the quiet and luxurious interior. Cruising is so comfortable that you can fall asleep. However, the exterior which does not belong to me can be quite CMI, I even heard my OC commented on an "ugly" car by looking at the front and side without knowing it was actually a Latio. Well, to each his best, the more I see the more I like it.

Edited by Pmet

Oh... maybe the KIA brand has overtaken its sales with the new Cerato Forte then.

No leh, K Brand sales also drop. Hbrand in Mar is almost 50% of the 4 mths sales figure put together

(edited)

If only they do something to their exterior. For many car buyers, N is never in the consideration due to the exterior and perception that N cars cannot match with T and H, in terms of FC, quality, reliability, handling.

When latio is first launched, my first comment was ugly and small. Until I sat in one. Never thought that I will buy one few years down the road. [smash] It looks much better with full bodykit.

H sales should be affected badly by Kia. See Avante until sian already. [laugh]

Edited by Pchmj

They are just not competitive enough in the small car segment. And maybe bcos their focus shifted to America where they sell more of their 350z and Murano but who knows the crisis hit US so badly.

(edited)

VW is now in the top 10. Seems like ppl now shifting to VW for its fuel efficiency. ^_^

H is the worst hit man. Apr sales only 40% that of March's. But I not surprised if their plan is to hold back their registrations until June, where they record a sudden surge again so that its first-half sales can beat that of N.

hmm...actually Avante sales should not have been too affected by Forte's. The Avante seeks to capture customers from T & N, while Forte captures H, Mazda & Mitsubishi customers...

Perhaps Avante customers are just too price sensitive. Pricing increase, all don't buy. Price drop, all go buy. Hope H endures until the Sonata & Tucson is launched, otherwise no hope for 2nd or 3rd position at the end of the year.

These are just some of my suggested reasons.

Edited by Alfist168
↡ Advertisement