Tested Avante and Forte

Johnwalk

Today went to show room to test these 2 cars. I found that Kia forte and Avante both got weaker pick compare to my 1.5A Vios.

The Avante steering wheel is so loose even when the speed goes up to 80. The SE told me its electric steering?

Tested Vios and Impreza later and the sterring wheel is stiff and good. Anyone drving a Avante also feel the same looseness?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

coz vios is light therefore pick up is faster...

avante and forte got electric power steering..

so it is very light.. no need much strength to steer..

when u drive long enough.. u will get used to it..

it is light.. not lose.. haha.. sound like the steering will fall apart.. haha..

happy car hunting.. if wan good pick up vios lo... good FC also.. :)

Today went to show room to test these 2 cars. I found that Kia forte and Avante both got weaker pick compare to my 1.5A Vios.

The Avante steering wheel is so loose even when the speed goes up to 80. The SE told me its electric steering?

Tested Vios and Impreza later and the sterring wheel is stiff and good. Anyone drving a Avante also feel the same looseness?

agree, don't expect korean car give you too much impression [lipsrsealed]

just a A to B tool

if u dun like electrically assisted steering cos its too light for you, you should try the coming Forte 1.6EX model with the traditional hydraulic steering...should be as stiff as what u r used to

forte abt 1250kg-1300kg kerb weight so pick up naturally slower than vios weight of abt 1000kg if i not wrong. but then at high speed forte should be more stable since its heavier...

(edited)

When I floor the Forte accelerator pedal the speedo needle like takes forever to go [confused] up man.

The sterring for vios,impreza,forte is not as loose as Avante. I just need a small turn of arc and its like the whole car doing a full lock turn. The SE told me can be set during servicing, She said currently it is set to Austrlian mode, got German or Japan mode which imply different sterrign stiffness. I was like HUh. got such thing?

Later in the Viso and Impreza show room they tell me no such thing.

Edited by Johnwalk

Neutral Newbie

my friend driving pre-facelift 06 vios auto, i used to drive his car several times from Jurong to JB for car wash and top up petrol, during that point of time i'm driving Getz 1.3Auto and now changed to Avante 1.6Auto.

i do agree that Vios has a good pick up, due to the light weight, and everything i'm turning into the long corner from BKE to KJE toward jurong after the Mandai exit, i can feel the vios is floating at the speed of 80-90km/h, my getz didn't give me such problem due to the heavy weight (1059kg i think).

my friend always complain about his Vios, he said he can see funny squeezing sound in the car :blink:

agree, don't expect korean car give you too much impression [lipsrsealed]

just a A to B tool

cannot say that..here many K supporters..lol

Neutral Newbie

how often u need so much power.. avante power is quite sufficient on sg roads alrdy..

maybe u are in for those slightly more powerful cars.. different preference.. :)

avante got difference steering setting and it really can be set at KMC.. if i not wrong got 2 type..

1 is normal, the other 1 is euro setting which makes the steering heavier :)

u looking for a car tat is comfortable? or power? or space? or hard steering? or wat?

how can compare avante and vios.. but vios and avante are both not a bad car..

(edited)

Are we talking about the old or new Vios?

I've driven the old Vios before and though it's quite quick, the handling is quite horrible...taking a normal bend at a normal road speed, already can feel the car floating and tilting terribly to one side...quite scary...but FC is superb...

Not sure about the new Vios, never tried it before...they should've improved it quite a bit i'm sure cause after the old one, my impression of it wasn't good..

Edited by Spinworkx

how to compare japanese car with Korean car ? they belong to different class ah ...

Eh, Vios made in Thailand leh :) Brand Japanese but cannot really say Japanese car liao these days...very few cars are really made in Japan...even the new Hondas some made in Thailand...though still japan price haha

if u dun like electrically assisted steering cos its too light for you, you should try the coming Forte 1.6EX model with the traditional hydraulic steering...should be as stiff as what u r used to

There's no guarantee that hydraulic power steering will be 'stiffer' or heavier than electric power steering... it all boils down to the manufacturer's tuning and set-up. For e.g. the VW Golf's electric power steering is definitely heavier than a Honda Civic 1.8's hydraulic power steering.

Neutral Newbie

wow.. tat is something new to me..

i tot all electric power steering is very light..

learn something new today [thumbsup]

(edited)

my friend driving pre-facelift 06 vios auto, i used to drive his car several times from Jurong to JB for car wash and top up petrol, during that point of time i'm driving Getz 1.3Auto and now changed to Avante 1.6Auto.

i do agree that Vios has a good pick up, due to the light weight, and everything i'm turning into the long corner from BKE to KJE toward jurong after the Mandai exit, i can feel the vios is floating at the speed of 80-90km/h, my getz didn't give me such problem due to the heavy weight (1059kg i think).

my friend always complain about his Vios, he said he can see funny squeezing sound in the car :blink:

My friend's vios doing 110Km at that long bend while i was behind him doing only 100km. All stock ......

Edited by Chogokin
↡ Advertisement