Shipping parts need help

Trusty

im looking to ship some parts from us. What are the fees involved? where/how do i check them?

any reliable and cheap forwarders?

↡ Advertisement

Wah...no need such a big signature ba....

To TS: You can try courier service like DHL or Fedex....do freight collect... pay the courier charges when the things comes in.

im looking to ship some parts from us. What are the fees involved? where/how do i check them?

any reliable and cheap forwarders?

vpost forwards from the US. but heard of some bad reviews.. usually when i purchase from US, the company itself does shipping. just email them for a quote..

I think there is this thing called a website where you can see details about these kind of things. Have fun finding it.

How's your mid year exams? over already mud?

thanks. i had a quote from the merchant in fact. but i was told there is a need for custom clearance, duties, gst, agents? so i dont know if there are other fees involved other than the quoted shipping. Say its shipped to airport and i have to pick up there.

thanks. i had a quote from the merchant in fact. but i was told there is a need for custom clearance, duties, gst, agents? so i dont know if there are other fees involved other than the quoted shipping. Say its shipped to airport and i have to pick up there.

i think if items are less than SGD$400 or $500, there will be no taxes imposed. custom clearance will be done by the courier.

then what if we buy something expensive like an ICE system but ship separately. then no tax?

if per item less than the limit then no tax. but sometimes shipping separately will cost much more than the tax.

(edited)

Looks like the seller is shiiping the goods via air cargo - therefore you need to get the shipping Spore shipping agent to do the custom clearance and make GST payment on yr behalf and transport the goods to yr place ( there will be handling and other charges )

To save you all the problem, I suggest you either ship the goods via USPS ( US postal Service ) which will deliver the goods right up to your doorstep and at the same time you can make GST payment

Alternative, if the goods is more than 10kg I suggest you ship via Federal Express ( Which is a courier service that handle heavy items for USPS )

Edited by Yeobh

if per item less than the limit then no tax. but sometimes shipping separately will cost much more than the tax.

Got one bro in merc forum say his items missing from vpost.

Just misplaced and not covered under insurance. [bigcry]

just get courier to do door to door...what you try to ship ?? forget about the consignee...notifying party stuffs if you are not into it and it is just a small parcel....unless you bringing in a container then bo bian...

i think if items are less than SGD$400 or $500, there will be no taxes imposed. custom clearance will be done by the courier.

Anything declared more than S$400 have to pay 7% GST.

Looks like the seller is shiiping the goods via air cargo - therefore you need to get the shipping Spore shipping agent to do the custom clearance and make GST payment on yr behalf and transport the goods to yr place ( there will be handling and other charges )

To save you all the problem, I suggest you either ship the goods via USPS ( US postal Service ) which will deliver the goods right up to your doorstep and at the same time you can make GST payment

Alternative, if the goods is more than 10kg I suggest you ship via Federal Express ( Which is a courier service that handle heavy items for USPS )

not sure about that, but its thru dbschenker. i was told i need to clear custom and duties.

the item (coils) definitely over 400. its at 1500usd. which means there is a 7% gst on this 1500 ?

how do i know how much is the handling fees? or where can i get the agents?

not sure how much it weigh, but i suppose its more than 10kg.

Anything declared more than S$400 have to pay 7% GST.

using the value converted to our currency? eg. 1000usd converted= 1500 x 7% ?

↡ Advertisement