Is this a new craze in Car Mod ?

Meadelx200

I'm not into car mod but happened to see this car recently in a Ubi workshop area.

A cool transformer looking car.

Also recently saw a couple of car with Matt paint instead of the regular Gloss type.

post-19708-1242783370_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

i tink the new craze is to add chingay led lights.. so many cars with christmas tree lightings that even my non car appreciating gf says its damn ugly. we have chery qq with r8 lights... streams and wish turning on red led lights all around instead of headlights at night...

I'm not into car mod but happened to see this car recently in a Ubi workshop area.

A cool transformer looking car.

Also recently saw a couple of car with Matt paint instead of the regular Gloss type.

Most look [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead] with matt color [lipsrsealed]

i tink the new craze is to add chingay led lights.. so many cars with christmas tree lightings that even my non car appreciating gf says its damn ugly. we have chery qq with r8 lights... streams and wish turning on red led lights all around instead of headlights at night...

Most of these people want that 'Audi' lookalike headlamp feel [gossip] but not all looks good with it [lipsrsealed]

ya my block got 1 lancer w carbon sticker all over the entire black body....easy to wash, no swirl mark and no need wax also.

for audis and many conti makes, the LEDs are actually known as daytime running lights, or DRL. this is a new european requirement to have lights turned on even in the day. LEDs use up very little energy and is bright enough for daytime use, so many car makers have gone for this approach.

the DRLs are turned on automatically when the car is running, so in no way these audi or MB drivers are poseurs! :)

talking about audi, i noticed even in bright day light they also like to on their led

because the LEDs are for daytime..to how useful it is in Singapore, i leave it to others to comment.

For night, they will turn their regular headlights on hopefully [;)]

Think this is just a passing fad. Ever since the Lambo Reventon was launched in an edgy matt black, alot of cars have followed suit. I've even seen a Lambo Murcielago in matt black with yellow LP640 stickers and must say that it had a certain techno-cool, Gundam look. But of course that's a Lambo Murcielago, almost any colour scheme will work on it.

But having matt black on a normal saloon car just makes it look like the owner is trying too hard? But that's just my opinion, if the owner likes the look, it's his/her perogative.

Neutral Newbie

nice....i also intend to transform full matt black....

but but for my humble small size colt....they qouted me $2.5k wor [hur]

mine not lambo or gtr wor.....

talking about audi, i noticed even in bright day light they also like to on their led

Those are factory daytime running lights. They're supposed to be on in the day.

for audis and many conti makes, the LEDs are actually known as daytime running lights, or DRL. this is a new european requirement to have lights turned on even in the day. LEDs use up very little energy and is bright enough for daytime use, so many car makers have gone for this approach.

the DRLs are turned on automatically when the car is running, so in no way these audi or MB drivers are poseurs! :)

AH SO deska! But that's kind of a weird function to have, especially in Singapore, can't see what purpose it serves. Can they switch it off if they wanna? Or is it a permanent feature like on motorcycles?? :huh:

nice....i also intend to transform full matt black....

but but for my humble small size colt....they qouted me $2.5k wor [hur]

mine not lambo or gtr wor.....

2.5K??? [sweatdrop]

oh my, to respray or to wrap? i think wrap is cheaper. was thinking of doing matt black in jan when i got my current car, which is normal black; but now after seeing so many other cars im quite hesitant.

↡ Advertisement