VW Golf Sports vs Scirocco

Kelfinity

Which is a better buy considering the 1.4 version for both which is about the same price. In fact, at launch, Scirocco appears to be cheaper than Golf Sports.

Comments?

↡ Advertisement

Scirocco is only 4-seater and boot is smaller than the Golf's. But of course it looks much nicer. Depends on your priorities.

In terms of looks, Scirocco is better. In terms of practicality, Golf is better. Which would you go for? I find it hard to decide really.

Too many initial teething problems with the engine technology and transmission IMHO. Not a car you would want to consider for long-term reliability - at least for now.

Mating a twin-charge engine (SC+TC) with FSI (Fuel Stratified Injection) and a dry-clutch DSG may appear good on paper and the initial test drive ..... BUT .....

Just go to vagsg.com to hear lamenting of stalling engines, jerky start/stop driving, rough idling, excessive vibrations and many more.

Let the others who had bought be the guinea pigs and live with their problems.

I'd wait until VAG has sorted out all the inherent design issues, before re-visiting this 'best of all worlds' engine and transmission technology.

I cant believe how much sales tatics were used in the advertising of this car.

breaks express way limit in 5.1 sec (when they mean 0 - 80km)

-gives pple the misconception that its 0 - 100km as that is more of the standard.

Starting from $89K

- Of cos when placed side by side with point 1, i was a dumb fool to have linked the both together and got excited over a 2 door hatch back 2 litre turbo that can 0 - 100 in 5.1 secs and costs below $90K.

What a fool i was.

I did say, get the golf.

The Scirocco have looks that can kill. Sadly it stops there. Unless the R comes running along. The boy racers out on the streets will sure be tearing at your ass and destroying whatever continental ego you might have.

theres the alfa mito GTA coming i think year end. thats really 0-100 in 5sec, price should be quite close to the scirocco, not sure about omv.

The Sirocco is a unique looking car with nice flared arches. But I doubt it does 5.1 seconds.

That's a cayman's time, and they need near 300bhp to do it for a 2 door 2 seater

A 6.5 to 7 is pretty good for me [inlove]

(edited)

theres the alfa mito GTA coming i think year end. thats really 0-100 in 5sec, price should be quite close to the scirocco, not sure about omv.

But Alfa should really do something about their feather-light, SEGA-game-type steering feel. Its no fun at all, in 'Dynamic' mode or otherwise. [thumbsdown]

Edited by Jolie888

Neutral Newbie

The Sirocco is a unique looking car with nice flared arches. But I doubt it does 5.1 seconds.

That's a cayman's time, and they need near 300bhp to do it for a 2 door 2 seater

A 6.5 to 7 is pretty good for me [inlove]

In case you weren't reading a few posts up, it says 5.1 secs to break highway speed limit, not 0-100kph. [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement