Cruise Control

MadDog70

hmmm.. for me i only use it when there isn't much traffic on the road. i always use it in KPE. no car.. and maximum is only 80 km. a good instrument to prevent me from speeding.. [laugh]

hmmm.. for me i only use it when there isn't much traffic on the road. i always use it in KPE. no car.. and maximum is only 80 km. a good instrument to prevent me from speeding.. [laugh]

if oni can print out....then if TP catch...got evidence [laugh][laugh]

You know Merc S-Class has a practical cruise control with a front radar. Upon sensing a slower car in its path it'll slow down from the speed the driver had set, keep a distance and follow the same speed of the slower vehicle and once the slower car filter away it will accelerate back up to the programed speed.

That is a useful & practical cruise control.

I think it can be found in Top Gear in youtube, it braked to a halt by itself without the driver touching the gas & brake paddles.

Turbocharged

cruise control ah..damn useful on NSH..

just this morning..on NSH..i programmed the CC to 140kmh and relax relax drive.. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

and all CC have this safety feature, once you tap the brake, the CC will reset itself..

I tink this feature is originated from Beemers isnt it?

You know Merc S-Class has a practical cruise control with a front radar. Upon sensing a slower car in its path it'll slow down from the speed the driver had set, keep a distance and follow the same speed of the slower vehicle and once the slower car filter away it will accelerate back up to the programed speed.

That is a useful & practical cruise control.

I think it can be found in Top Gear in youtube, it braked to a halt by itself without the driver touching the gas & brake paddles.

How useful is cruise control in a car?

Do you guys often use it?

It is definitely useful for relax drive especially KPE & Sunday morning expressway drive. Juz need to concentrate on switching lane to siam ppl.

I tink this feature is originated from Beemers isnt it?

It was not originated from BMW. It is always an Merc innovation. It is called Distronic Plus. It could even E-brake for u. The reaction time is much shorter than human.

Neutral Newbie

I belive the first iteration of Merc's system left all those watching TG laughing. The S class didnt stop during the demo and rear ended the other S class. [sweatdrop]

I belive the first iteration of Merc's system left all those watching TG laughing. The S class didnt stop during the demo and rear ended the other S class. [sweatdrop]

That case was caused by using the system in a wrong environment eg. indoor, warehouse with metal wall/structure, etc...which confused the radar-system.

Unless u are frenquently driving up north (NSHW), if not, it is practically useless in our road.

my ride coming 2 yrs, both cruise contol sunroof used like once or twice...its only good to have...

How useful is cruise control in a car?

Do you guys often use it?

cruise control ah..damn useful on NSH..

just this morning..on NSH..i programmed the CC to 140kmh and relax relax drive.. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

and all CC have this safety feature, once you tap the brake, the CC will reset itself..

I found it difficult to maintain 140KM/h with CC on NSH. Most parts are of 2 lanes. Lane 2 is used by slower Vehicle so CC can't be used. Lane 1 is used by faster car. At 140 Km/h on lane 1, you're likely to interrupt your CC, either to go much faster or move back to lane 2.

Unless, song song, no cars right infront of you over a long distances.

Regards,

I found it difficult to maintain 140KM/h with CC on NSH. Most parts are of 2 lanes. Lane 2 is used by slower Vehicle so CC can't be used. Lane 1 is used by faster car. At 140 Km/h on lane 1, you're likely to interrupt your CC, either to go much faster or move back to lane 2.

Unless, song song, no cars right infront of you over a long distances.

Regards,

If u 1 2 drive fast on NSH, u hav 2 b aggressive. So, wif CC, it is still possible. I drove wif CC @ 150km/h. I m not a dangerous driver. However, i find it safer 2 b ahead of d traffic flow.

Unless u are frenquently driving up north (NSHW), if not, it is practically useless in our road.

my ride coming 2 yrs, both cruise contol sunroof used like once or twice...its only good to have...

it serves no function during peak hour jams.

If u 1 2 drive fast on NSH, u hav 2 b aggressive. So, wif CC, it is still possible. I drove wif CC @ 150km/h. I m not a dangerous driver. However, i find it safer 2 b ahead of d traffic flow.

agree.. i have it at 170.. and pushes the car over 200 if there's car running up.. then let go and let it cruise back to 170

↡ Advertisement