Lexus IS250C or BMW 323iC

Nus24

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

dont get IS250 the rear seat is really cramp. anytime BMW wins!

Edited by Pigkachu
↡ Advertisement

dont get IS250 the rear seat is really cramp. anytime BMW wins!

a lexus v6 vs bmw inline 4.........the smoothness of course go to the lexus.

Neutral Newbie

Dun buy either...Buy Saab 93 Cabrio...Same price but with turbo and equivalent street cred as bimmer.

Saab now in trouble, so can get AD to give you good price.

In long run, swedish govt will not let them die, so either way you tan tio...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Although I also owned a GS300, but a Beemer for me anytime. [thumbsup]

being a lexus owner, i can also safely tell u , bmw anytime.

a lexus is nothing fantastic. is like driving a normal japanese car. if u want quietness - buy ear plug - cheaper that way.

(but seriously several conti brand sound insulation has improved dramatically, lexus can no longer claim to be the quietess car)

handling of a lexus is really crap unless u spent a few thousand dollar to upgrade the suspension,

add on strut or brace bar...(but why bother to go for modification when buying a premium brand).

i have test drive the gs450 and 525 - without second thoughts - 525 is the better despite slower in pick up.

the newer model of rx350 also crap la - even it is mentioned in most auto magazine the suspension has been tweaked etc etc... but handling still crap - cannot compare to X5 or even audi q5. the v6 engine still not as refine as bmw inline 6.

(i have test drove the new rx350 and rx450)

i suppose the only good thing about lexus is that during first 3 year - very very reliable no hiccups unlike some of the bmw complains about the nitty gritty faults.

lexus is not a prestige brand in my opinion. is just a top grade toyota.

haha so much grieviance that i have on lexus...in short - lexus is good for old man who want toyota reliability and the feel of a ladylike car. if u are an agressive driver who demand performace and feel - look elsewhere.

Edited by Santa

Neutral Newbie

Stick with the germans it you're looking for overall build quality, handling, performance and street cred. But the Lexus will offer far more options, value for money and the backing of a main dealer. I've heard many good things about the aftersales service at Lexus...

dun be fool by lexus aftersale service - is the same as toyota. only for the fact that the lounge is nicer with more flat screen t.v and service advisor more well dressed. let face it - if lexus reliability is really so good - how often will u need to engaged aftersale service - max 2 times a year for servicing. so all in all - 6 times during the 3 years warranty period.

as another brother mentioned here - lexus is full of toyota common parts, the things that irk me most is the signal light 'stick' - 100 percent bring over from toyota vios. oringal battery that come with it is those grand father age - wet battery that u need to top up water...what a joke...

Neutral Newbie

i just bought a 320i E93 N45 engine which has a 170bhp from a PI, the N46 engine has too low bhp. it includes the M kit which has quite a number of differences. i bought it at 15x,xxx and i feel its definetly win the lexus ! no horse run. My 2 cents worth. :)

i just bought a 320i E93 N45 engine which has a 170bhp from a PI, the N46 engine has too low bhp. it includes the M kit which has quite a number of differences. i bought it at 15x,xxx and i feel its definetly win the lexus ! no horse run. My 2 cents worth. :)

I think u meant N43B20 O1.

N46 is port injection whereby N43 is direct injection. However, in view of massive weight of retractable roof (E93: 1.7 ton; E92: 1.465 ton), E93 320 (10kg/hp) might be as sluggish as E90 320 (9.8kg/hp).

Anyway, enjoy ur ride.

How does it feel. Shiok or not? $15x,xxx quite ok, except that there are PIs bringing in E93 335i ranging from $20x,xxx to $23x,xxx only.

An E93 320i is just way too heavy, even for a 170 BHP engine.

You suffer greatly on the BHP-to-weight ratio. Lethargy is the word.

What it needs, as a minimum (IMHO), is the 325i, if not the superb 335i.

All lesser variations don't do sh!t.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I think u meant N43B20 O1.

N46 is port injection whereby N43 is direct injection. However, in view of massive weight of retractable roof (E93: 1.7 ton; E92: 1.465 ton), E93 320 (10kg/hp) might be as sluggish as E90 320 (9.8kg/hp).

Anyway, enjoy ur ride.

N45 is correct. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N45 only available through PI. although more bhp than the N46, torque remains the same 200 N

Edited by Morgan01

An E93 320i is just way too heavy, even for a 170 BHP engine.

You suffer greatly on the BHP-to-weight ratio. Lethargy is the word.

What it needs, as a minimum (IMHO), is the 325i, if not the superb 335i.

All lesser variations don't do sh!t.

eh don't like that lah.. people just bought new car... maybe he only enjoys the handling and the top down feel.. i mean, it sure beats a peugeot cabriolet right?

a lexus v6 vs bmw inline 4.........the smoothness of course go to the lexus.

The amount of misinformation or wrong advice given on MCF is unbelievable.

323 is inline 6 cylinder. If we not sure, dun anyhow say wait cuntfuse the buyer

Lexus is about to release the IS250C convertible in Singapore next month.

Yesterday went down showroom and the salesman gave a brochure and say it will cost about $168k.

At this price range, its similar to the BMW 323iC convertible that some PI are selling.

So the question is, which will be a better buy if one is looking for a convertible for daily drive? Is Japanese convertible still deem as 'lower' prestige level compared to a BMW convertible?

I see from the Lexus Brochure (no real car yet)......the IS250C has the exact same interior set-up as the normal IS250.

No navigational screen like the GS300.

Nothing new or special on the dashboard on the new IS250C. Seems like only the folding top is the new novelty.

The front seat belts is NOT integrated onto the front seats like the BMW does!

dude if u buy a cabriolet, its a lifestyle car and that means branding and image is important. A Lexus cabrio just doesnt fit the bill.

PI bring in 323 cabrio? Oh I didnt know leh, I thot they only do 325 n 335.

Dont get a 320 cabrio as the hard top retractable roof adds 200kg to your car.