Lexus IS250C or BMW 323iC

Nus24

Neutral Newbie

wow..you found your dream $5K job liao is it? buying BMW & Lexus now liao huh? [thumbsup]

Haha...5k job can buy BMW and lexus? Wah...!!!

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I only $2.5k and I also manage to drive a BMW. Still ok lah I'm sure my girlfriend can do the same

Yeah manage to secure a nice paying job, thru my father contacts.

Just enough for me to get a convertible. Since Coe keeps increasing, it's a good time to change car. Not forgetting a new car will give my client a better impression.

Economy is on recovery for sure.

(edited)

Wonder why nobody brought up the Alfa Romeo Spider yet. It's in a similar price range, possibly cheaper if one is looking at the higher-end BMW cabrios or convertibles, and IMO the best of the lot currently. The 3.2V6 is the only one anybody should consider if he's really out for the driving experience.

Edited by Lightbringer

(edited)

being a lexus owner, i can also safely tell u , bmw anytime.

a lexus is nothing fantastic. is like driving a normal japanese car. if u want quietness - buy ear plug - cheaper that way.

(but seriously several conti brand sound insulation has improved dramatically, lexus can no longer claim to be the quietess car)

handling of a lexus is really crap unless u spent a few thousand dollar to upgrade the suspension,

add on strut or brace bar...(but why bother to go for modification when buying a premium brand).

i have test drive the gs450 and 525 - without second thoughts - 525 is the better despite slower in pick up.

the newer model of rx350 also crap la - even it is mentioned in most auto magazine the suspension has been tweaked etc etc... but handling still crap - cannot compare to X5 or even audi q5. the v6 engine still not as refine as bmw inline 6.

(i have test drove the new rx350 and rx450)

i suppose the only good thing about lexus is that during first 3 year - very very reliable no hiccups unlike some of the bmw complains about the nitty gritty faults.

lexus is not a prestige brand in my opinion. is just a top grade toyota.

haha so much grieviance that i have on lexus...in short - lexus is good for old man who want toyota reliability and the feel of a ladylike car. if u are an agressive driver who demand performace and feel - look elsewhere.

A very nice fierce looking tinted windows + bodykit IS250 with modded exhaust (i could hear the loudness) tried the sprint with my stock 525i. i was just a tad quicker despite having less ponies on paper.

must have irritated the fella as he was trying real hard to pull ahead but simply couldnt.

hhhmmm, maybe he mistook my 525 to be a 520 or 523?

anyway, I repeat, great looking IS250.

so is it true that specs on paper for Japs and contis cannot be compared at face value? my friend who drives the IS250 sat in my car and commented that my car feels more powerful than his. maybe lexus is too comfortable inside.

Edited by Throttle2

and $5K per month is the what she think she is worth of as a [:p] fresh grad....

Think long long.

D fastest route i know (this is a confirmed route) is thru big 4 audit firm. Within 6 yrs (conservatively), will achieve audit manager & monthly salary should be > $6k.

I only $2.5k and I also manage to drive a BMW. Still ok lah I'm sure my girlfriend can do the same

ooii! I'm the one who is $2.5k

you are $3.2k mai keh keh.....

Think long long.

D fastest route i know (this is a confirmed route) is thru big 4 audit firm. Within 6 yrs (conservatively), will achieve audit manager & monthly salary should be > $6k.

6 yrs to get $6k , wow....sounds quite sad leh...

(edited)

Think long long.

The fastest route i know is lawyer. $5k to $8k for fresh grads depending on firm. Within 5 years $10k to $15k, again depending on firm. After that either go in-house to make average of $15k to $25k for next 10 years depending on MNC, or stay on in practice as partner and make $15k to $40k range for next 10 years, depending on firm and area of practice. This is the stage when they start buying high end BMWs and for the higher earning ones, 911s and second hand Ferraris.

After that stage if they still stay on in practice as equity partner, it is big -SUPERCAR- time.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

(edited)

6 yrs to get $6k , wow....sounds quite sad leh...

Yes, it is quite sad to note the disparity. Both studied just as hard to get into Law School and School of Acct. True case study: female lawyer and female acct, both early 30's. One from NUS, the other from NTU, both 2nd upper. Both work in local franchise first tier firms. At this moment lawyer is earning almost 4 times the acct's monthly salary, definitely more if you add the astronomical bonus (based on last year) for lawyer. For doctors it is only slightly better than acct.

The worst-paid profession at this stage in life and career (early 30's) has to be architect. Engineers slightly better, because got more options.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

(edited)

Yes, it is quite sad to note the disparity. Both studied just as hard to get into Law School and School of Acct. True case study: female lawyer and female acct, both early 30's. One from NUS, the other from NTU, both 2nd upper. Both work in local franchise first tier firms. At this moment lawyer is earning almost 4 times the acct's monthly salary, definitely more if you add the astronomical bonus (based on last year) for lawyer. For doctors it is only slightly better than acct.

The worst-paid profession at this stage in life and career (early 30's) has to be architect. Engineers slightly better, because got more options.

Female accountant can become manager by 28yrs old (NTU 3 YRS + 6 YRS WORKING). Not early 30s. If she really work hard, 6 more yrs to become partner & earn in d realm of $20k. Accountancy is a 3 yrs program & available in NUS, NTU & SMU.

However, lawyer has to study harder & longer. Law School is 4 yrs program + 1 yr housemanship.

Edited by Davidtch

(edited)

Female accountant can become manager by 28yrs old (NTU 3 YRS + 6 YRS WORKING). Not early 30s. If she really work hard, 6 more yrs to become partner & earn in d realm of $20k. Accountancy is a 3 yrs program & available in NUS, NTU & SMU.

However, lawyer has to study harder & longer. Law School is 4 yrs program + 1 yr housemanship.

housemanship is for doctors. for lawyers it is 4 years law school + 1/2 year pupillage + 1/2 year PLC

say by 34 the acct earns $20k after putting in sheer hard work and climbing over many heads to get that one or two positions. that is one out of how many? for lawyers aged 34 $20k a month is highly common, and is not even a yardstick by any means. just ask around.

which one is more likely to be stuck at $20k for some time, with miserable increments? corporate/finance lawyers? or auditors?

both are respectable professions and if they work in the top tier firms they are even more respectable. but i think many more lawyers drive supercars and live in nice houses than accountants do. Maybe it is reflective of their salaries, or maybe it reflects their personalities. anyway it is pointless to debate here. i believe people in the industry know the truth.

in Raffles Place u can always tell an accountant/auditor walking on the street. Just look at the quality and style of their suit/clothes [laugh][laugh] no hard feelings mate!

Edited by Viceroymenthol

(edited)

dude, I re-read your post and find it even more amusing. Your example only shows the exceptional performers. Go to the Big 4 and look around, how many early 30's acct-trained personal make $20k? Surely not the average.

but if you go to the top tier law firms early 30's $20k is dime a dozen.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

Neutral Newbie

Does anyone know the real actual pay of a starting lawyer? Pse lah.... Gone are the days of 4k plus.

(edited)

Does anyone know the real actual pay of a starting lawyer? Pse lah.... Gone are the days of 4k plus.

yes. it is $8k now for offshore firms. maybe $5-6k for local firms depending on firm. local firms now jialat, have to compete with offshore firms for lawyers so they have to increase their starting pay to attract fresh grads.

of course if you choose to work for a small time one-man-show, then expect $2k haha

Edited by Viceroymenthol

Neutral Newbie

eh don't like that lah.. people just bought new car... maybe he only enjoys the handling and the top down feel.. i mean, it sure beats a peugeot cabriolet right?

No problem man bro, everyone has different view n opinions, i will buy 335 if i can afford it too, lolz. But after listen to all the details abt the engine, i m gettin confused. i went to check the engine #, and it state N43. so Which bro is correct sial ? hehe

↡ Advertisement