Lexus IS250C or BMW 323iC

Nus24

Wasnt tryin to compare lexus with bmw in my previous post. Infact the post was in reply to the person saying toyota = lexus

sorry if u misunderstood but my post wasn't in reply to yours.

just trying to say that even with their latest factory production supercars, Lexus are trying to get there, but still not there yet, in fact they are far from it. look at the c-class thread, i posted 2 production mercs there... lexus or acura cannot even come close to the germans, not in another 10, 20 years.

↡ Advertisement

Mark X, GS & Crown is sharing the exact platform down to the same wheelbase.

No. GS and Crown uses the same platform. Mark X uses the Lexus IS platform, therefore Mark X is slightly smaller.

No. GS and Crown uses the same platform. Mark X uses the Lexus IS platform, therefore Mark X is slightly smaller.

GS, Crown, Mark X & IS shares the same platform. However, GS, Crown & Mark X shares the exact platform. Wheelbase for:

GS: 2,850mm

Crown: 2,850mm

Mark X: 2,850mm

IS: 2,730mm

However, there is slight difference in overall length:

GS: 4,850mm

Crown: 4,870mm

Mark X: 4,730mm

IS: 4,575mm

It is the overall length that cause Mark X looks much smaller than GS.

hmmm what i understood was MarkX engine is from IS but platform is from GS cos the tag line i also hear is that its best of both worlds...

of course they will back each others point simply cos they are the same person. look through all the threads between them if you free. clones.

hmmm. i would recommend BMW 323IC. since both is ard the same price and both of it is a luxury car then get a car which is more "branded" and more comfortable. Further more Luxus is from toyota, so do u think the car worth that price?

i got a friend who work in a PI. if u are interested to get a 323IC, i can intro you to him. i believe he can quote u a good n reasonable price with no gimmick and hidden costs like eg. admin fee and some other fee. give me a call to find out more details. reach me @ 96173520 Tan. [thumbsup]

You got a friend who works in a PI? So why do we have to call you to find out more?

i just bought a 320i E93 N45 engine which has a 170bhp from a PI, the N46 engine has too low bhp. it includes the M kit which has quite a number of differences. i bought it at 15x,xxx and i feel its definetly win the lexus ! no horse run. My 2 cents worth. :)

Hi, I am actively looking for a N45(or N43) 320i coupe. Seems like most PIs are carrying N46. Can you recommend which PI you went to get yours or which PIs bring in the N45/N43.Thanks!

Hi, I am actively looking for a N45(or N43) 320i coupe. Seems like most PIs are carrying N46. Can you recommend which PI you went to get yours or which PIs bring in the N45/N43.Thanks!

There is no mass mkt N45 320. That's 320si, WTCC homogolation model.

Aren't four-seater convertibles a terrible experience for rear-seat passengers when top down? There was no way to prevent turbulent airflow from getting into the back. Has one of these models solved the problem?

Don't think so man...that's a huge problem to solve with all the turbulence at speed. I know my friend suffered at the back when I was cruising at 50 km/h...terrible...sure it might look cool but these cab's with the top down can only make someone who's short look cool and feel good sitting behind without much disturbance. I also noticed that while driving at around 100 km/h my face seem to get hit with a lot of the wind, even with the windows up it didn't change much.

Quite sad la...but think the ISC is still not too bad. Came across a local review of the car...kinda agree with the what the author said..that it serves a diff market than the bm. And its surprising to read that many people have signed up!

Link to article: http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=135

go get a N52/53...even with 170+bhp it's still a 4potter. If you wanna own a BMW make sure it's a min 6-potter. 4potters are badge whores and laughable.

go get a N52/53...even with 170+bhp it's still a 4potter. If you wanna own a BMW make sure it's a min 6-potter. 4potters are badge whores and laughable.

here we go again [rolleyes]

If i am in that budget range, I'd rather be a badge whore driving a 4 pot BMW. IS250 got V6 so what? It is still a Toyota underneath that "Lexus" engine cover, the entire power and drivetrain and you can never dispute that. Maybe they source the leather and plastics from another supplier but I think that's about it. If you really want a V6 RWD Toyota, there is the Mark X. So why be another form of badge whore buying Lexus???? Want to be badge whore, at least be a good badge whore, buy a BMW.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

haha, bmw design is very bland, their interior is quite dated

viceroy, it is not about buying and driving, it is about owning a bmw. i enjoy driving the 525i and 335i and the Z4 but i would not sign on the dotted line to buy any of them as i know BMW aftersales is rubbish and BMW cars are really prone to problems....

many of my family members own mercedes and we are very happy with the the three pointed star. With the latest C class onwards, they have returned to high quality, pity about the high profit margin that C&C makes from each customer.

if u were to get a bmw, i would rather u buy a merc if u are indeed a badge whore. BMW is bring more worries....

if u want a luxury car that is hassle free and u can enjoy while getting on with your busy life, without worrying about repairs and aftersales service, then i suggest u get the lexus.

Btw, for those still comparing. The is250Cs that BM brought in for the whole year has been sold out since a few months ago.

They are tryin to bring more in now.

Edited by Icyfreakass

Wasnt tryin to compare lexus with bmw in my previous post. Infact the post was in reply to the person saying toyota = lexus

agree with u bro, a toyota is NOT equal to a Lexus.

The amount of noise, vibration and harshness present is engineered to be superior to that of a Toyota. A toyota is built for the person who travels from A to B who wants value and reliability, a Lexus is built for the DRIVER who like cars and driving and also wants value and reliability.

There are many Toyota factories but only ONE lexus plant

All Lexus LS, GS and IS models are made in one centralized place in Tahara, province of Aichi.

RX SUVs models are also made in USA and Japan

from wikipedia :

Toyota Motor Corporation has its award winning Tahara plant in Tahara which makes many Lexus-brand cars and some Toyota models. The Toyota Celica was manufactured in Tahara from 1979 to 1999. All Lexus models are manufactured within this plant, as are many Toyota models for domestic and international markets. Vehicles manufactured at this plant are considered to be of the highest quality and reliability in the world.

I guess that if it were up to me, I would take the 323 Cab since it's possible to dress it up quite nicely with the numerous kits on the market. It has a good balance of power and economy.

↡ Advertisement