Lexus IS250C or BMW 323iC

Nus24

Neutral Newbie

For driving experience, surely the BMW. For comfort surely Lexus. But after sitting in the BMW comfort seats (optional) that can control the curvature of the chair and provide excellent shoulder support.....I am totally hooked by BMW.

E90 or E92 are more reliable than E60, read this from BMW magazines, that got this feedback from the independent workshops.

If you drive fast, BMW is poised and precise. This is just the way they are. Drive them fast and it would be rewarding.

By the way there is a Lexus and Toyota recall in USA now: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20090930/tbs-...al-e65dddb.html

Edited by Davc
↡ Advertisement

haha, bmw design is very bland, their interior is quite dated

viceroy, it is not about buying and driving, it is about owning a bmw. i enjoy driving the 525i and 335i and the Z4 but i would not sign on the dotted line to buy any of them as i know BMW aftersales is rubbish and BMW cars are really prone to problems....

many of my family members own mercedes and we are very happy with the the three pointed star. With the latest C class onwards, they have returned to high quality, pity about the high profit margin that C&C makes from each customer.

if u were to get a bmw, i would rather u buy a merc if u are indeed a badge whore. BMW is bring more worries....

if u want a luxury car that is hassle free and u can enjoy while getting on with your busy life, without worrying about repairs and aftersales service, then i suggest u get the lexus.

BMW interior is definitely dated (in modern days). However, u would get almost the same feel when u sit in E36, E46 or E90. This is especially so with the instrument. In addition, orange LED on top of rear view mirror is really cool (IMO). Mayb Viceroymenthol can elaborate better.

I associate the experience with problems as part & parcel of owning a BMW. I m not sure what kind of problems u face. If 1 cannot accept the problem that comes wif BMW, it is better to buy other marque. That's the characteristic of BMW. That's why there r still a lot of ppl willing to keep old BMW (However, not on this island).

haha, bmw design is very bland, their interior is quite dated

viceroy, it is not about buying and driving, it is about owning a bmw. i enjoy driving the 525i and 335i and the Z4 but i would not sign on the dotted line to buy any of them as i know BMW aftersales is rubbish and BMW cars are really prone to problems....

many of my family members own mercedes and we are very happy with the the three pointed star. With the latest C class onwards, they have returned to high quality, pity about the high profit margin that C&C makes from each customer.

if u were to get a bmw, i would rather u buy a merc if u are indeed a badge whore. BMW is bring more worries....

if u want a luxury car that is hassle free and u can enjoy while getting on with your busy life, without worrying about repairs and aftersales service, then i suggest u get the lexus.

funny, how come i dont get the problems from all the BMWs i've owned.

and they are all second hand ones too.

if one prefers sporty cars , dollar for dollar BMW beats Mercy

if one prefers luxury feel, dollar for dollar Mercy is the choice over BMW.

what are you driving now dude? lexus?

reliable or not i cant say, never owned one.

but plasticky leh....

funny, how come i dont get the problems from all the BMWs i've owned.

and they are all second hand ones too.

if one prefers sporty cars , dollar for dollar BMW beats Mercy

if one prefers luxury feel, dollar for dollar Mercy is the choice over BMW.

what are you driving now dude? lexus?

reliable or not i cant say, never owned one.

but plasticky leh....

Not really plasticky.. But today my Is got baked for awhile in the sun and when i drove out. Hear creaking sound leh. Dashboard, aircon area.. Den i press that area can hear more creaking. knn disgusting sound.

Here are some concept cars of lexus.

http://www.lexus.com/fcv/lf_a.html

Any of these looks like a toyota to u?

The LF-A is running on a V10 mind u.

And i believe the poster is already up in Borneo. Hope to see it soon.

Powertrain

Engine: V10 (under 5.0 liters)

Horsepower: More than 500

Top Speed: Approximately 200 MPH

Tire Size

Front: 265/35R20

Rear: 305/30R20

Dimensions (inches)

Overall Length: 175.6

Overall Width: 74.6

Overall Height: 48.0

Wheelbase: 102.3

Looks awesome as well. Especially the roadster.

But this type of specs for a Lexus will cost a bomb. Even for Toyota like those old Supra selling last time already cost so much.

Neutral Newbie

BMW interior is definitely dated (in modern days). However, u would get almost the same feel when u sit in E36, E46 or E90. This is especially so with the instrument. In addition, orange LED on top of rear view mirror is really cool (IMO). Mayb Viceroymenthol can elaborate better.

I associate the experience with problems as part & parcel of owning a BMW. I m not sure what kind of problems u face. If 1 cannot accept the problem that comes wif BMW, it is better to buy other marque. That's the characteristic of BMW. That's why there r still a lot of ppl willing to keep old BMW (However, not on this island).

Talking about interior, I still quite like the Merc W124, haha.

If the car is something like SL63 AMG, then it is worth to keep more than 10 yrs. I not I would rather get back the PARF. It is just maths, for Singapore situation. No policy is perfect. Too bad our market is small, if not we can see Ferrari making 2.0 Turbo with top speed of 180km/h with a small brake and silent exhaust for Singapore. haha.

Talking about interior, I still quite like the Merc W124, haha.

If the car is something like SL63 AMG, then it is worth to keep more than 10 yrs. I not I would rather get back the PARF. It is just maths, for Singapore situation. No policy is perfect. Too bad our market is small, if not we can see Ferrari making 2.0 Turbo with top speed of 180km/h with a small brake and silent exhaust for Singapore. haha.

This is to ensure that we don't have old car on the island. There are a number of E31 850 on Used Car Market because owner cannot tahan d road tax. This is a classic beauty even thought it did not get the same acceptance as a E24 6 series. If i have d $$, i will buy 1 & use it as track car.

Not really plasticky.. But today my Is got baked for awhile in the sun and when i drove out. Hear creaking sound leh. Dashboard, aircon area.. Den i press that area can hear more creaking. knn disgusting sound.

The trims are very plasticky lah.

Lexus is quite value for money when compared to premium conti.

it's Premium Japanese

but already it's recalling 3.8million cars due to faulty sliding floor mat.

lethal when pedal gets stuck and car cannot be stopped

cant you imagine that ??

scary

Edited by Throttle2

Neutral Newbie

driven is250, gs300, ls450 and I thought to myself why would anyone pay $$$ for an insulated toyota?...i don't get it.

I've never tried so many models. But is that true?

Then Borneo Motor can advertise "Toyota, the Lexus with just less insulation"

The trims are very plasticky lah.

Lexus is quite value for money when compared to premium conti.

it's Premium Japanese

but already it's recalling 3.8million cars due to faulty sliding floor mat.

lethal when pedal gets stuck and car cannot be stopped

cant you imagine that ??

scary

can still use handbrake right?

Neutral Newbie

Any hardcore Lexus fan here? If that exist at all nowadays?

Maybe some are girls or senior citizen, not into forum kind of thing?

Maybe some are girls or senior citizen, not into forum kind of thing?

I AM a LEXUS fan and currently dive an IS250....who;s that calling me senior citizen (not far off) and a girl?

↡ Advertisement