Why people still use PIE despite the heavy jams??

Ev0lutionz

(edited)

Was driving back from aljunied via macpherson road... headed on to PIE ..Saw jam at pie after adam. Head out at upp thomson then to lornie. On top of adam road bridge, PIE was jammed all the way to BKE.. Every working day, the situation is the same and everyone just likes to use the road when arterial roads are much faster.

Edited by Ev0lutionz
↡ Advertisement

i think the jam on CTE is worse...

so far the best is TPE... my favourite expressway in singapore... :D

Neutral Newbie

i noticed the jam is caused by vehicles on the PIE towards Jurong coming into BKE exit.

since there r heavy volume of traffic during the evening peak hours, thus vehicles from lane 1 n 2 always have difficulties changing lanes to the left in order to filter out. this would normally cause other lanes, 3 4 5 to slow down then create a bottle neck.

Neutral Newbie

Every working day, the situation is the same and everyone just likes to use the road when arterial roads are much faster.

Then why don't you use them instead? [confused]

It's not necessarily true. As long as the traffic on Expressway can move at average 30-40kph, it's still faster than stopping at traffic lights every few minutes...jimagine every traffic light is as good as a 2min stopdead expressway jam.

PIE is still better than CTE lor. At least the jams are somehow more predictable i.e. only near to or during peak hours.

Whereas the bloody CTE is pretty much 18 hour a day jam anytime of day. And the jam is both northbound and southbound!!! Amazing!

PIE is still better than CTE lor. At least the jams are somehow more predictable i.e. only near to or during peak hours.

Whereas the bloody CTE is pretty much 18 hour a day jam anytime of day. And the jam is both northbound and southbound!!! Amazing!

U never add that even with ERP its still jam [furious] .

Because it is more convenient to use PIE, travelling slowly even when there's a jam.

Better than start/stop at traffic lights, making left/right turns, afraid of going into bus lanes etc etc.

Was driving back from aljunied via macpherson road... headed on to PIE ..Saw jam at pie after adam. Head out at upp thomson then to lornie. On top of adam road bridge, PIE was jammed all the way to BKE.. Every working day, the situation is the same and everyone just likes to use the road when arterial roads are much faster.

because they are robots, and programmed to do so on daily basis.

Bcos drivers in sg like to do this [grouphug] .

Then why don't you use them instead? [confused]

It's not necessarily true. As long as the traffic on Expressway can move at average 30-40kph, it's still faster than stopping at traffic lights every few minutes...jimagine every traffic light is as good as a 2min stopdead expressway jam.

i was thinking the same way u did, dunno the TS undestand what he wrote....he see the traffic jam everyday at PIE, and he believe that the small rd is a better alternative, yet, he insist to use the rd that he believe its the worst choice... [confused][confused][confused]

Agree man! That' why although I live in the North, I hardly ever use the CTE to go anywhere at any time. [thumbsdown]

But then again, I hardly need to use the CTE in the first place as I work out West. Even then, the stupid BKE will be jammed at points of confluence from as early as 7 a.m. Even roads like the old bukit timah road towards city are jammed up like crazy...oh almost forgot...even with ERP [furious]

Neutral Newbie

If you are using PIE expressway on the eve of school holiday. The jam will be bad. very bad.. [furious]

I once tried filtered out to use bukit timah road to avoid the crowd, same results [furious]

(edited)

ECP-AYE

PIE-TPE-SLE-KJE

never buy houses located up north coz need use CTE.

Edited by Babyt

ERP price too cheap, ppl dun give a damn, imagine ERP minimum 30 bucks per entry, u see whether traffic smooth or not.

↡ Advertisement