7th June 2009 - Expo - CFA exam

Longg8

anyone drove there for the june exam? how was it? the parking? preferably reach before what time to get a lot?

↡ Advertisement

Just a question. Must you be in the finance industry to qualify to even take the CFA exam?

Would relevant qualifications from reputable unis suffice? I'm not in the finance industry, but would simply like to have a CFA - understanding that it takes years and some failing to get it.

Dun have to be particularly early lar, parking isnt tat bad for cfa.

But good to go early to prevent any last min hiccups tat will raise ur blood pressure.

U can always take for fun, just need a basic degree. But if u dun have e necessary finance background (in terms of theory), its going to be tough...

U can always take for fun, just need a basic degree. But if u dun have e necessary finance background (in terms of theory), its going to be tough...

i dont think it is cheap either :)

Dun have to be particularly early lar, parking isnt tat bad for cfa.

But good to go early to prevent any last min hiccups tat will raise ur blood pressure.

i went for last dec de...it was alright..but tats becos l2 and l3 takers are not around..nv been to june exam..so i dunno how bad it will be..

haha

i dont think it is cheap either :)

about 600 to 700 USD..

i paid more than 1k for my level 1...but well....

cost of L2 exam: SGD1081.90

Period of study: 3mths (from end feb to 7th June)

no. of weekend burnt: too many....

passing the exam, priceless... [lipsrsealed] if i passed, that it...

I have bach in finance and mast in economics from reputable AU uni. So I'm really hoping that'll suffice.

about 600 to 700 USD..

i paid more than 1k for my level 1...but well....

cost of L2 exam: SGD1081.90

Period of study: 3mths (from end feb to 7th June)

no. of weekend burnt: too many....

passing the exam, priceless... [lipsrsealed] if i passed, that it...

This type of exam waste time.... salary also CMI

This type of exam waste time.... salary also CMI

realli? how u know? u mean with the cert, my salary will be CMI or what? dont quite understand your last phrase.

I have bach in finance and mast in economics from reputable AU uni. So I'm really hoping that'll suffice.

Economics not a major topic for the exams...L1 and L2 about 10% of the total exams.

if you took quantatitve/stats modules, it helps too.

visit cfainstitute.org for more details bah..

why do you want to take the exams in the 1st place?

How come ur exam on a sunday siah...

better check got any events on dat day in the expo website..

if not wrong got motherfair on dat day..sure crowded.

anyone drove there for the june exam? how was it? the parking? preferably reach before what time to get a lot?

Parking is the least of your worries! What level you at? L1 for me was pretty ok, L2 and L3 were a different story!

I've never studied that much in my life!

You can have an engineering degree and it doesn't matter, just be prepared to work hard, REAL hard!

And if you successfully manage to pass all levels and am able to talk like an analyst, you can rock up to any investment bank for a job.

There are not many people out there with a CFA designation, and the institute goes to great extremes to protect their exclusivity, passing the exams does not give you the CFA designation, you need relevant work experience, and not just some generic finance position, you need actual financial analytical and practical applications.

i had my SIM university exams there last year... sch claimed tat no space to accomodate all students in our grand hall.. (juz imagine how much tis sch is earning now and they interview students to reject students for taking bachelor in biz; i am in engr but i dun noe now whether they hav interview for engr oso or not)... parking is woo, better dun drive there but if u wan go earlier like one of the bros said park near entrance if not jam until siao... i drove there once for the exam, went there not early so parked inside inside... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement