Temasek buys Olam stake for $303M

Drive_carcar

What's so sh*tty about it?

Well to start with, our CPF minimum sum increase (announced somewhere else today).

They have just lost a fortune with ML/BoA, and what's left of the proceeds from dumping BoA, is not used to buy this.

Wonder if they have already lost their reversed Midas touch yet?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

lai liao lai liao.. time to make up the difference liao.. dun think i can get any

money from CPF when i reach 55.. haiz.. all $$ locked in the "safe" and thrown the keys into the sea liao

News Releases

CHANGES IN CPF MINIMUM SUM, MEDISAVE MINIMUM SUM AND MEDISAVE CONTRIBUTION CEILING FROM 1 JULY 2009

News Release by:

Central Provident Fund Board

1 June 2009 --

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/News/News-Rele...N_1June2009.htm

CPF Minimum Sum

The Ministry of Manpower announced in August 2003 that the MS will be raised gradually to reach $120,000 (in 2003 dollars) in 2013. The increase in MS, which includes an adjustment for inflation, is to ensure that Singaporeans set aside sufficient savings for their retirement. In line with this policy, from 1 July 2009, the prevailing CPF Minimum Sum (MS) will be revised from $106,000 to $117,000. The new MS will apply to CPF members who turn 55 from 1 July 2009 to 30 June 2010.

Medisave Minimum Sum and Medisave Contribution Ceiling

The Medisave Minimum Sum (MMS) and Medisave Contribution Ceiling (MCC) need to be adjusted to ensure that Singaporeans have sufficient savings to meet their hospitalisation expenses, and have been adjusted for inflation. For this reason, from 1 July 2009,

a. The MMS will be raised to $32,000 from $29,500. Members will be able to withdraw their Medisave savings in excess of the MMS at or after 55 years old.

b. The maximum balance a member may have in his Medisave Account, known as the (MCC), is fixed at $5,000 above MMS and this would be increased correspondingly to $37,000, from $34,500.

Any Medisave contribution in excess of the prevailing MCC will be transferred to the member

Edited by Swataction

in 2011 election, i heard someone asked ... 1 BILLION = how many zeros ???

they lost SGD 58Billions in 1 FY.

so what's SGD 303Millions?

just take it that CPF money not your money lor.. u will feel less cheated and happier. I always consider cpf as another form of income tax.. and yes.. it can be used to buy your hdb flat at super inflated prices. hoo ray!

Edited by Baphomet

just take it that CPF money not your money lor.. u will feel less cheated and happier. I always consider cpf as another form of income tax.. and yes.. it can be used to buy your hdb flat at super inflated prices. hoo ray!

Yah man u r damn rite abt this....empty all monies to buy hse if u could...it makes one feel better...at least still get a roof over your head... [laugh]

they lost SGD 58Billions in 1 FY.

so what's SGD 303Millions?

Sure boh? That's scary man. Why do we have a bunch of highly paid foreigners who play and toy with our hard earned savings? If there is ever a need to increase cash aids for our elderly, for sure there will be days and days of parliamentary debate. How come these top bankers when it comes to investing billions no need to seek any approval?

The total population of the earth including hungry africans is only 7 billion..here we lost 58 billion..wah biang..knn [mad]