Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please

Sazali

(edited)

overall in term of spacious and luxury as compared to the same cat A.:---> [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

but because of spacious rear space, the aircon will be at least 3.5/5 speed else the rear passangers will be stiffened...

in terms of peformance:---> [thumbsdown] pickup slow when full load, cornering:--> [thumbsdown] , soft rear suspension [sweatdrop] ....

most important: FC :---> 12.5km/l , using 95

Edited by Diamond2006
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

LOL..i'm struggling to hit 10km/l for my 2L Civic... [laugh]

Hmm You got I bee tec leh. !

Plus urs churning out 160bhp i think.

Sylphy is churning out a pathetic 109hp.

But nonetheless, GOOD CAR. wad more, i got a good salesman. SWEET DEAL!

• Praise 1

hahah sorry forgot to say...

was thinking of getting the 2.0L Sylphy and was told that the engine is exactly the same as Teana 2.0L ?

• Praise 1

shull.....wat petrol are u using?

i'm using shell 98...always can hit min 10km/l....if vpower...can do slightly better....

and i chiong all the way de...lol

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I am driving a Sylphy 1.5L for the past 3 years. [drivingcar]

My experience with this car :

Performance - Comfortable saloon car, dun expect sporty performance (unless performance modification)

Pick- up - Good for me (can move off quite fast)

FC - Okay (approx. 510km on 40 litres, average 12.5km/litre)

Petrol - Prefered Shell 98

Comfort - Huge interior space, great for 5 adults

Boot - Real big, 2 golf bag and extra items

Suspension - a bit soft, good for rear passengers

Cooling - Air con is great (always set at 25c)

Tax - Cheap, only S$ 684 a year (pay 1.5l for a 2.0l comfort)

Remarks - Overall happy with this car, better if I chose 2.0l instead (more powerful)

Other Sylphy owners : please put in your feedback/ comments

Driving 1.5 l Sylphy for 2yrs+

Below are the comment, hope that help.

Performance - Lag of power in high speed. For though travel to NSH, I will not recommend this 1.5L as there is no overtaking power at 110km/h and above.

For though want a comfort and relax ride in S'pore, yes you will enjoy this ride .

Comfort - Yes it is one of the most comfort 1.5L car around. In fact the best is the rear seat. Because of this comfort I used to have the on the rear this 2 yrs, now

I had a hard time to find a replacement unless i upgraded to a 2L (Compare only between 1.5-1.6L jap car)

Pick-up - Is ok for me as i am a light footer not though 0-100 type. If you are looking for good pick-up than forget about this car

Boot - Think this should be the selling point of this car if you need a large boot space, even a 2L teana can't fight in term of the boot space. Very good [thumbsup]

Petrol - I got around 530-580 km for 40Litre of petrol. That was cal of around 13.25-14.5 Km/Litre. That was very good figure I am having as compare with my prevous

1.6L ride. I am using shell 95 (70% highway)

Remark : After all this is a good and nice car, the ride is relax and comfort. With the current price tag of the 1.5L i would say is a good buy if you are more to the family

type. Ya 2L is better as it can fill in the lag of power gap, but than there are better choice around for 2L cat.

Driving 1.5 l Sylphy for 2yrs+

Below are the comment, hope that help.

Performance - Lag of power in high speed. For though travel to NSH, I will not recommend this 1.5L as there is no overtaking power at 110km/h and above.

For though want a comfort and relax ride in S'pore, yes you will enjoy this ride .

Comfort - Yes it is one of the most comfort 1.5L car around. In fact the best is the rear seat. Because of this comfort I used to have the on the rear this 2 yrs, now

I had a hard time to find a replacement unless i upgraded to a 2L (Compare only between 1.5-1.6L jap car)

Pick-up - Is ok for me as i am a light footer not though 0-100 type. If you are looking for good pick-up than forget about this car

Boot - Think this should be the selling point of this car if you need a large boot space, even a 2L teana can't fight in term of the boot space. Very good [thumbsup]

Petrol - I got around 530-580 km for 40Litre of petrol. That was cal of around 13.25-14.5 Km/Litre. That was very good figure I am having as compare with my prevous

1.6L ride. I am using shell 95 (70% highway)

Remark : After all this is a good and nice car, the ride is relax and comfort. With the current price tag of the 1.5L i would say is a good buy if you are more to the family

type. Ya 2L is better as it can fill in the lag of power gap, but than there are better choice around for 2L cat.

Hi Thioeh,

I am very impressed with your FC (13.25km - 14.5km/litre) on Shell 95. Is your car stock? or you added some modification?

I noted that Shell 98 give me more power moving off and overtaking, Shell 95 is a bit sluggish (I have to accelerate harder)

I am looking to change my shock absorber to a harder one (maybe Koni) cos current suspension is too soft.

Cheers.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Thioeh,

I am very impressed with your FC (13.25km - 14.5km/litre) on Shell 95. Is your car stock? or you added some modification?

I noted that Shell 98 give me more power moving off and overtaking, Shell 95 is a bit sluggish (I have to accelerate harder)

I am looking to change my shock absorber to a harder one (maybe Koni) cos current suspension is too soft.

Cheers.

Hi Joshterran

With not stock only wife and myself, smooth traffic, yes I can get 14.5km/litre, no modification added (70% highway)

Yes shell 95 a bit sluggish but I get use to it after sometime, as i am a lightfooter so don't feel much different, the only different is that shell 98 give poorer result on FC.

However I found that if I mix half tank with Msia Esso syn, it does feel slightly more powerful.

I used to travel in NSH one a year, you can get even better result of around 17km/litre with 110-120km/h but will drink more with higher speed.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Joshterran

With not stock only wife and myself, smooth traffic, yes I can get 14.5km/litre, no modification added (70% highway)

Yes shell 95 a bit sluggish but I get use to it after sometime, as i am a lightfooter so don't feel much different, the only different is that shell 98 give poorer result on FC.

However I found that if I mix half tank with Msia Esso syn, it does feel slightly more powerful.

I used to travel in NSH one a year, you can get even better result of around 17km/litre with 110-120km/h but will drink more with higher speed.

Oh ya forget, I myself added two magnet at the fuel line 2 yrs back. That taken out from my previous car.

Hi Thioeh,

I am kinda like to push my car a bit harder, tried to rev the RPM to 4.5k to 5k often (hoping to "train" and push the engine to be more seasoned and harder)

I am considering to put Unichip and tune the engine.

On NSH, I can go at 130km/h constant with 4 adults and certain stretch of NSH 150km/h.

My mentality : since I have driving 1.5L, might as well push it harder and enjoy my own spirited drive. FC wise may suffer a bit, but why torture myself? Petrol consumption may cost me 1 extra tank.

Have fun. Keep me posted if you upgraded any hardware or software.

Cheers.

Neutral Newbie

Been driving 1.5L sylphy since dec 2007.

Outlook and comfort wise, no complaints. Jus wish for more omphhh during pickup.

How did you guys get FC more than 12km/L? I cant seems to go beyond that? Maybe becos i stay near my work place and i quite heavy footer.

I am using shell 95 and if i go to malaysia, i will top up with petronas...much better performance than V power i feel. The car will feel more spirited. Give it a try.

Hi Max,

Do you still do your servicing with Nissan service centre?

I do as I signed up with Nissan 40,000km service maintenance programme (quite economical, Spark plugs, brake pad changing included)

I found that Nissan uses Fastflow engine oil which is quite inferior to my review. I noticed that the car is still sluggish even immediately after oil change.

Fustrated by the sluggish preformance, nowadays I would do another round of engine oil change after 1,000km.

Tyr Liquid Moly 5w40w (German), not bad to my review.

You may choose to use Shell 98 instead of Shell 95 cos Shell 95 is slower in acceleration. And you get more pick up only by spending about S$ 3 per tank.

My past experience in getting better performance :

a. Engine oil (best is 5w30w)

b. Petrol (you may choose to add fuel additives)

c. Air intake (stainless steel replacement filter)

d. Weight (extra load in the boot - spare tire, golf set)

e. Tire inflation (maintain good pressure)

Cheers.

Frankly, the FC figures here are only if you are a qinggong master.... How could Sylphy possibly have same/better FC than Latio?

Frankly, the FC figures here are only if you are a qinggong master.... How could Sylphy possibly have same/better FC than Latio?

Exactly.

Latio CVT gave us 12-13km/l.

Sylphy 1.5at giving us 10-11km/'l now.

Background:

Stock car with no additives, on Caltex 95, top up full tank with auto-stop. 1 person to 4 person each trip+a heavy baby and booster seat every trip.

These have been my practices to get good FC(or at least try to get good FC) for my selphy

1) Maintain tyre pressure once a week in the morning onli.(Petrol station less than 1km, so should be quite accurate, otherwise one should know pressure before moving off and reaching petrol station to adjust for the difference)

2) No uncessary items in the boot(but of course dont be too hard on yourself if its a family day out at the beach).

3) Average speed in highway: 80 to 85km/h in 2nd lane so that anybody can overtake in 1st lane. (see my previous post on why i do the above speed) i know some would be screaming why so slow? Ans: i enjoying my ride, simple.

4) Watch Traffic condition:

i) maintain safety distance: so that you dont have to "cham" brake on and off. If we do that we need to accelerate again and there is where the fuel consumption increases. If front car brakes, we can just let go accelerator and use engine brake.

ii) cruise if i can to a red traffic light instead of speeding there to wait. But provided car is at sufficient speed already otherwise not so nice to other drivers.

iii) make use of slope of road to roll or to gain speed for subsequent upslope.

5) Top up petrol only early morning.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Neutral Newbie

why would u want to do another round of oil change after 1,000 km? u can actually bring your own oil to Tan Chong during servicing. since u are on package, they will not refund u that's all. but beats servicing again and pay for another oil change fee

Amsoil 5W20 is very good. so is redline 5w20. infact it should be thicker oil that makes the engine feel sluggish.